Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th March 2007, 05:58 PM
Suspended.

But are his bets a $1000 straight out staking method? Maybe $100, or perhaps even $10? We'll never know will we. It's one thing to have the runs on the board but it's entirely different to be able to afford big enough bets to return a living without risking the rent [mortgage] money.

Bet size here for punters is more than likely a bit like fish size on fishing forums.

Last edited by crash : 13th March 2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old 13th March 2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
But are his bets a $1000 straight out staking method? Maybe $100, or perhaps even $10? We'll never know will we. It's one thing to have the runs on the board but it's entirely different to be able to afford big enough bets to return a living without risking the rent [mortgage] money.

Bet size here for punters is more than likely a bit like fish size on fishing forums.

I agree, the pressures of life don't allow us the luxury of taking risks...

Ever started a business from scratch? In a untried field based on a hunch and a good Idea... I have, twice... Both were sucessfull and looking back I could have made more money staying with my regular job...I'd probably have gone crazy but I'd wouldn't know just how high my blood pressure can get before you colapse...The things you lear along the way through life.

Regards
OzPunter
Old 13th March 2007, 06:14 PM
Banned

He's not a fan of beting this way,,i think he was trying to prove a point,,,hes actually your typical handicaper , frames his own markets bets according to value ect ,,claims to make small profits consistently ..

But Ozpunters post about a set stake on a special reminded me of this guy..
Old 13th March 2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
A pro. punter is one who actually lives off the punt, not a punter who can show a regular profit. I think perhaps Mark is a pro. punter [sorry Mark if I'm wrong] who has the ability and capacity to arbitrage a large amount of money on Betfair every week. Enough for the slender profit % to enable a life on it but he probably has other forms of income too. Anyone else here [not me anyway]? I doubt it.
In fact I think there are very few pro. punters in Oz. Big punters sure, but Pro. punters who live off punting? I don't think so.

Thanks for the compliment (?) crash.
I wouldn't say I'm a pro punter as I make books, mostly laying, sometimes trading. 100% of my income comes from Betfair, week in week out. It's not huge and certainly not an exciting living, but it's regular. Unfortunately it is becoming harder every day, partly, I believe due to the proliferation of bots, but also a lot of people who were on Betfair from the start have realised that they still cannot win and have dropped out. I am always trialling other things (see today's Mark does a Maria update !!!), but they usually fall by the wayside.

The trouble with what I do is that is has spolit me. I have become used to the regular profits, so when it comes to betting I have turned into a sook. I hate losing, even a few dollars and so am loathe to risk even the smallest amount. When it comes to my trialling different ideas, I think what I need is someone who I can tell what I want done, and then go out for a week, have them bet for me, and just tell me at the end of the week what the result is. I hate the ups and downs.
Old 13th March 2007, 06:25 PM

When I started this post I was looking for answers as to why some punters seem to know certain runners are going to win... For all the efforts I put in I can't seem to come up with those sorts of results...

Think about Mentality and Spark of Life on Saturday, they were backed off the map... So how do people know they are going to win?

Out of this I gotten the gist that many punters actually believe they will lose.. While we should accept that losing is part of the game so to should we expect to win and winning should be part of the game...

I also have taken that truely professional punters either don't read this forum much or simply enjoy sitting back and having a chuckle as they watch us all squabble over the possibilities.

I stll belive that a managed professional approach will result in success.

Kind Regards All
OzPunter
Old 13th March 2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
Thanks for the compliment (?) crash.
I wouldn't say I'm a pro punter as I make books, mostly laying, sometimes trading. 100% of my income comes from Betfair, week in week out. It's not huge and certainly not an exciting living, but it's regular. Unfortunately it is becoming harder every day, partly, I believe due to the proliferation of bots, but also a lot of people who were on Betfair from the start have realised that they still cannot win and have dropped out. I am always trialling other things (see today's Mark does a Maria update !!!), but they usually fall by the wayside.

The trouble with what I do is that is has spolit me. I have become used to the regular profits, so when it comes to betting I have turned into a sook. I hate losing, even a few dollars and so am loathe to risk even the smallest amount. When it comes to my trialling different ideas, I think what I need is someone who I can tell what I want done, and then go out for a week, have them bet for me, and just tell me at the end of the week what the result is. I hate the ups and downs.

Hi Mark,

What you need is a computer programmer!!! Drop me a line at OzPunter01@gmail.com and I might be able to help you out..

To err is human, but to really screw things up, you need a computer!

Regards
OzPunter
Old 14th March 2007, 09:25 AM
Suspended.

Nice offer for Mark Oz, but I think the programming thing is already being done to death after what I've been reading about UK Betfair.

Mark got in early here before all the high tech bot programs started to infiltrate. If the UK is any example, we are heading down the same road and the Lay gravy will become thinner and thinner requiring larger capital investment for the same profit flow.

With all that in mind, after I recently joined Betfair I never jumped onto the Lay bandwagon. I keep doing what I'm best at [backing]. What I have been taking advantage of is the huge overlays regularly on offer from some of the seriously amateur bookies around, often Laying ridiculous high odds on unsuspecting but serious winning chances. I've made some good money off them but I'm sure none of it was from Mark :-)
Old 14th March 2007, 09:51 AM
Suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1993
He's not a fan of beting this way,,i think he was trying to prove a point,,,hes actually your typical handicaper , frames his own markets bets according to value ect ,,claims to make small profits consistently ..

But Ozpunters post about a set stake on a special reminded me of this guy..

Sounds a bit like me Mav. Looking over my books for the last 3yrs. if I could have afforded to whack a zero on my bet sizes I would have been able to live off the punt. Personally though I would have needed a bit of capital on the side though to ride the occasional bumps that come along. I live a shared life and I just can't afford to risk the large betting capital I once did when single.

I've never found punting smooth sailing as there is often a bit of famine and feast, depending on the time of year. The odd but fairly regular big collects from outsiders is where the main profit is for me nowadays. I don't need that many to stay in the game.

Last edited by crash : 14th March 2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 14th March 2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Nice offer for Mark Oz, but I think the programming thing is already being done to death after what I've been reading about UK Betfair.

Mark got in early here before all the high tech bot programs started to infiltrate. If the UK is any example, we are heading down the same road and the Lay gravy will become thinner and thinner requiring larger capital investment for the same profit flow.

With all that in mind, after I recently joined Betfair I never jumped onto the Lay bandwagon. I keep doing what I'm best at [backing]. What I have been taking advantage of is the huge overlays regularly on offer from some of the seriously amateur bookies around, often Laying ridiculous high odds on unsuspecting but serious winning chances. I've made some good money off them but I'm sure none of it was from Mark :-)

Actually Crash,

You're off the beam a little, it wasn't what I was offering Mark at all... I've looked into writing a robot for B/F but it is much harder to do than many think... First of all you have the timing problems where the odds are changing while you're processing etc... But more over I found the B/F API to be most unreliable.. I can't say it's buggy but there are lots of things that don't perform as expected... and lots of people in their tech help side that have little or no knowledge on the subject..

In my opinion to make a robot work on B/F you'd need to be connected direct to their servers and paying top dollar (200+ pounds a mth) for the service...I imagine that works well in England but here on our small pools, youd be struggling..I can think of easier ways to go crazy...

I have found B/F to be a could source of uneducated money...

Regards
OzPunter
Old 14th March 2007, 11:08 AM
Suspended.

Smile

'Off the beam a little'? My life story!