Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th July 2015, 04:50 PM

Default Communal Ratings

All this talk of no interesting strategic threads or no threads in relation to backing winners has prompted me to put forward this idea and see who is legitimate about helping each other to find profitable strategy(s) or who is just throwing hot air about.

I propose that we put together a communal ratings spreadsheet much like the one Shaun has provided with the following ideas:

1) We can use this thread to go through each form angle bit by bit, have a discussion on the best way to score and/or include that form element into the ratings and then move onto the next form element.

2) I can code a modified version of the spreadsheet I use to take into account the approach we arrive at as a group. Note my spreadsheet brings in form from SkyForm, Betfair Form (R&S) and Tatts Race page. Can basically come up with equations, ideas, theories as a group and I can try to put this into a logical equation in the spreadsheet to build a rating.

3) I'll only email the final version and/or versions along the way to those who actively contribute to the discussion. That way no pesky guests can just get along for the ride without contributing.

Thats the basic idea at the moment. Like I said in a thread in the general area I almost guarantee a very small portion of those who are actually seeking decent discussion get onboard with this idea. Or if you think this has no merit or have a better idea either post it in here or start another thread.

Would be interesting to see what we come up with, who knows it could be crap. But it could also help people think different about their own ratings or about how to approach certain form elements.