Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th December 2005, 08:20 PM

Default Freedman and Betfair

Moderator 3,
I understand your concern about worries of legal action, but I really think you have gone overboard in deleting this thread.
Please bear with me and let me answer some of your points.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Freedman and Betfair/deleted

1. We haven't seen the newspaper article.
2. Newspaper articles are not necessarily accurate.
3. We are not prepared to publish sight unseen from anyone who has an opinion criticism of a leading trainer.
4. NO criticism of public figures are AUTOMATICALLY published sight unseen in your daily or weekly newspaper.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Buy a newspaper.
2. This was in Freedmans OWN article which HE wrote.
3. For a leading trainer I cannot find RICHARD Freedman's name anywhere on any guide for recent winners, are you sure RICHARD Freedman is a leading trainer.
4. I never criticised RICHARD Freedman in a any shape or form.
What I quoted was word for word from HIS article which HE wrote for the newspaper that employs him.( but I really think it's his other employers that instigated the article).

As an after thought buy today's Sydney Tele and see what is written there about the effect that if there was no punters what would happen to the racing industry.
It's an interesting position actually where in the Sunday Tele one person say's punters are not needed and in the Daily Tele the next day it contradicts the other article.
It seems the same company is not concerned about one of it's employees contradicting another of it's employees yet you delete a thread I posted where I never defamed anyone and only quoted the writers own words., which was read by probably hundreds of thousands of people.

PLEASE don't delete this thread as there is absolutely nothing in it anywhere that could lead to any legal action from anyone.

All the best.
Old 6th December 2005, 09:17 AM

Kenchar,

Your post was OK.
However, we are now taking action against some posters, as some people seem to think, despite our Terms of Use, that defaming people on the internet is OK.

Moderator.