Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th October 2009, 02:24 PM

Default data... cost?

Guys,

Have jst joined... Great forum!

Was looking to access data at a relatively decent price...

The race census stuff looks great... Can it be exported to CSV/Excel? Was wanting to do some analysis in a commercial data package...

The tsb (?) stuff looks great bust cost seems prohibitive... The data there is great, does the race census stuff contain the same information?

Cheers
Old 6th October 2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalcolm1984
Guys,

Have jst joined... Great forum!

Was looking to access data at a relatively decent price...

The race census stuff looks great... Can it be exported to CSV/Excel? Was wanting to do some analysis in a commercial data package...

The tsb (?) stuff looks great bust cost seems prohibitive... The data there is great, does the race census stuff contain the same information?

Cheers
Yes, the Race Census data can be exported to excel.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:00 PM

Stix,

Thx for that. Greatly appreciated.

Are you aware of whether or not RaceCensus still has Vista issues?

In terms of parameters available in the software, are you able to detail what is in there? Can't find anything on the website...

The Winline GTX software has the following...

Horse Parameters
Details associated with the horse in each race analysed:
• Age• Barrier• Blackbook horse• Bog factor• Break count• Colour• Days since last run• Days since last win• Days since last place• Finish position• Jockey• Jockey allowance• Jockey has ridden horse• Jockey has won on horse• Jockey has placed on horse• Jockey penalty• Kg's from topweight (carried or handicap)• Late Mail• Letup count• Maxrate Formline• Maxrate range• Maxrate rank• Mud factor• Place strike rate• Placed within class value difference• Prizemoney ($k)• QTAB tips• RTW overlay• Runs since last place• Runs since last win• Sex• Sire• Spell count• TAB number• Trainer• Weight (carried or handicapped)• Weight rank (carried or handicapped)• Win strike rate• Weight on limit (carried or handicapped)• Won within class value difference

Rating Parameters
Select from Value or Rank for each factor plus Range, Price and Overlay for relevant factors:
• API - (average prize money index)• Combined rating• Consensus rating• Consistency rating• Formline rating• GTX rating• Morning Line / Prepost• Place %• QTAB Rating• SP (official starting price)• TAB NSW• TAB QLD• TAB VIC• Traffic lights• Trakline rating• Win %

Cheers
Old 7th October 2009, 01:08 AM

Vista? Not that I'm aware....

A lot of those parameters listed belwo are available in race census. Not forgeting, you can research/inlude your own i.e. I'll often add in Taboline ratings as a filter as well.

Don't think you'll get a one stop shop in any product, but as far as I have experienced, there is not too much Race Census doesn't have that is a deal breaker, or you can't go a step further and add in the crietria you need from another source - often I'll go to virtual form guise to look at prizemoney variation from last start..... hope this helps.
Old 7th October 2009, 10:10 PM

Hello all,

Some background and updates relating to the RaceCensus Database.

Firstly, RaceCensus is now 100% Vista compatible.
The setup program just needs to be run in Administrator mode.
You right click the setup file and select (Run as administrator).
The setup file takes slower to repond, so be patient, but the actual database is faster on Vista.

The database was first devised as an alternative to other products.
Basically it all started when I looked around at what was on offer, there are some great products available, but I didn't need many of the features, and didn't want to pay for things I'd never use.

So RaceCensus was born, which was devised as a pure system tester.
It does not contain ratings, and you can't work with upcoming races, but at a fraction of the cost of alternatives, there are many pluses.

Updates are posted quarterly.
All data in the database can be exported to excel access html csv and many more formats.
The data can be used to create your own impact values
You can save money by finding out with the press of a button, whether a theory is profitable or not.
You can get stats at the drop of a hat.
The free systems continue to be profitable 9 years later.

To answer the query above:

Horse Parameters
Details associated with the horse in each race analysed:
• Age• Barrier• horse• Days since last run• Finish position• Jockey• Jockey allowance• Jockey penalty• Kg's from topweight (carried or handicap)• Place strike rate• Prizemoney ($k)• Sex• Spell count• TAB number• Trainer• Weight (carried or handicapped)• Weight rank (carried or handicapped)• Win strike rate• Weight on limit (carried or handicapped)

Rating Parameters
Select from Value or Rank for each factor plus Range:

• API - (average prize money index)• Place %• SP (official starting price)• TAB • Win %

And loads more
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 14th January 2010, 11:33 PM

When's the next update Chrome?
Old 15th January 2010, 02:27 AM

Didn't you have a trial version for download at one point that had a limited database to get an idea of whats inside.
Old 15th January 2010, 07:16 AM

Hi,

Obviously you like the analysis capabilities of GTX, but understandingly dont want to pay the price !

Have a look at Bet Selector, there are several different levels, and it has a system creation function, and exports to CSV. Again there are limitation as to what is exported but mostly its all the factors about horses stats overall and all that pertain to todays race and also a lot pertaining to last run. It provides 3 ratings, auto scratchings ......

The form data access is from Best form at $55 per month where you get all races fom all meetings , NZ and HK. Sometimes on Saturday you get 30 meetings ..... so you get EVERYTHING LOL. Too much actually. Alternatively you can use Cyberhorse for imput and their 5 start is around $30 a month and works with Bet Selector almost as well ....... there is less data , less meetings but its sufficient and suitable for beginner.

The entire Betselector database can be accessed via external programs that you ca write yourself even in excel so its easy, unlike TRB which encrypt everything.

hope this helps

Michal
Old 15th January 2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix
When's the next update Chrome?

At the end of this month, I'll be sending out an update.
An update was scheduled for the start of the month, but I've been away.
So the end of January, I'll add updates for Oct 2009 Nov 2009 Dec 2009 and Jan 2010.

The Jan update was also delayed as I'm implementing a webpage where updates can be downloaded, it will be on an account basis, so I'll create a username and password for those entitled to free updates as part of the package.

I will have graphic instructions on the update procedure.

When it's fully set up, I'll notify you here and ask you to email me, so your username will be your email address and password will be created at random.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Didn't you have a trial version for download at one point that had a limited database to get an idea of whats inside.

http://racecensus.gotdns.com/demo.html