Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 24th March 2010, 08:46 PM

Default Betfair results

Can anyone direct me as to how to find the betfair final results, i.e the betfair SP.

I can get the results as in finishing position but I need the final prices?
Old 24th March 2010, 11:13 PM

Old 25th March 2010, 12:46 AM

Thanks Shaun, but when click on RESULTS it just gives me finishing positions, i.e. numbers 1st 2nd and 3rd, what I want is final prices .??

And the data site gives me archived results but not todays? I'm sure its just something simple that I'm NOT doing as I have seen the daily results on there before?

Last edited by partypooper : 25th March 2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old 25th March 2010, 01:26 AM

Cancell that, I've figured out how to collate the list on the top left, not exactly what I was looking for but it'll do.

What I am impressed with is that, the 18 races I was interested in (involving 36 bets) showed 16,2 units profit with a mixture of Top Fluc, Best tote/sp and best tote,

using betfairs closing prices they showed 22,16, I'm bowled over, but b4 I get too excited, is that closing price what they then call SP?

As I still havent figured out how to place a bet @ SP?? any help?

One more thing, what is BF-WAP?
Old 25th March 2010, 07:11 AM

Hey Party,

SP betting on BF for aussie racing has only just started again last weekend, and from my understanding, is only available on Wednesday and Saturday metro venues. Those prices shown on the site are the last avaialable at close, so while they arent intirely accurate, it gives you a good indication of what your results would have been, as with the prices moving all the time, sometime you would have got higher, sometimes you may have been matched at a lower price.

From my research using these figures though, it all seems to balance out nicely with my real world BF results.

One last thing is that remember you have to pay commision on those winning as well, although I beleieve there is an option to have the prices shown with the 5% deduction already applied from teh settings menu on racing.betfair.com.au

Hope that helps.
Old 25th March 2010, 11:42 AM

Thanks Thorns, yes that clears it up a bit, bummer though as I wanted to place my bets well b4 racing, but its everyday so will have to think that idea as I just cant sit in front of the comp.. permanently

Anyway thaks for the help, by the way interestingly when I ran the numbers for those same selections for the place, best tote was BETTER than Bet fair by 1&1/2 units wierd.
Old 25th March 2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
Thanks Thorns, yes that clears it up a bit, bummer though as I wanted to place my bets well b4 racing, but its everyday so will have to think that idea as I just cant sit in front of the comp.. permanently

Anyway thaks for the help, by the way interestingly when I ran the numbers for those same selections for the place, best tote was BETTER than Bet fair by 1&1/2 units wierd.
I am in the same position that I cant sit at my PC all day for my laying, but have got myself a bot which works a treat. It is a option you could consider. The bot I am using is Grey Horse bot lite, have had no issues with it apart from things that I have cocked up myself, and I know a few others using it and all have had great success with it, and the seller is a real top bloke who is always happy to answer any questions.

In regards to the place markets, it doesnt surprise me too much, as there is generally poor liquidity in those markets.
Old 26th March 2010, 03:27 AM

Hi partypooper

You asked -" One more thing, what is BF-WAP?

BF-WAP? is the BetFair- Weighted Average Price . ie: an Average Price determined by the Volume of money & the price traded at.

eg: a horse trades between 4--6 We could say the AV = 5
But this is one of "Gai's that no one wants to risk & they've opened up too short anyway . It only really gets Backed at between 5.5 - 6 So its BF-WAP? = appproimately 5.75 & then it may "Close' at 5.5 -- So if your good you could have got the 6s - or at least the 5.75

Also on this price info page under the horses name are the letters
S - F - D -- Standing for Steady -Firm -Drift .
This is a Fluctuation Chart
So in this instance it would look like this

SSSDDDFDFDF

So by using this: the BF-WAP & the close Back & Lay pice you can better judge what prices may have been on offer .

Could be a good weekend for a PPM or even a third letter !!!

Cheers
OM SHARNTEE
Old 26th March 2010, 11:48 AM

QUOTE [Could be a good weekend for a PPM or even a third letter !!!]

SHARNTEE, glad to see youre keeeping up with all the latest there Hee Hee!

But seriously, thanks for the Betfair lessons I need em, obviously I want the best price I can as I bet every day. Renovating the house at the moment complete with new office and have promised myself a new Comp; so maybe I can be a bit more into it then!
Old 26th March 2010, 04:33 PM

Again yesterday, radio tips top 2 = 17 winners, combination of Top Fluc and best tote = returns 62,8 units, same horses @ betfairs closing prices =68.16units again a diff of 5.36 units I have to say that I'm most impressed so far, like what have I been missing??