Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 11th October 2001, 08:57 PM

No offense Fireman Sam, but I think its yourself with the brain explosion if you are tipping Dash For Cash to win the Cox Plate. He'll struggle to win the Guineas, let alone a Cox Plate.

For what its worth, my tip is Pure Theatre for the Guineas, he could be anything, should be suited by some pressure up front and has already proven himself at Caulfield.
Old 11th October 2001, 09:26 PM

Dash For Cash is a very good horse, but I doubt that he is a Cox Plate horse. However I still think he could surprise down here in a suitable race.
Old 12th October 2001, 12:16 PM

Although I find it hard to agree with firemansam on Dash for Cash he has been tipping at my site for the past month and some of the big value winners he has tipped it wouldn't surprise me if he is right again.
Old 12th October 2001, 02:50 PM

I must apoligise for actually tipping Dash for Cash in the Cox Plate. I just think that if he runs well on Satday then he might be one to watch in the Cox Plate. He probably won't even run in it anyway. My tip for the Cox Plate is Sunline. I can't see her getting beaten. I am going to put a small wager on Dash for Cash this weekend in the Guineas.
Old 12th October 2001, 09:10 PM
Dailyimpact

Thank you for enlightening me on the track particulars. Seems to be quite tricky but I think it is a combination of a lucky draw and a skillful jockey. Well as to the chances of Silvano I have horses trained by Andreas Wöhler and I can assure you that he won`t start a horse that is not fit in every respect, the above aside. You may have noted Silvanos record this year and I think his got a fair chance if he can avoid trouble en route. Can someone indicate the odds as I feel that Silvano may be an attractive bet, given that some punters think they can avoid the oversea horses. Thanks and regards
Old 12th October 2001, 09:15 PM

silvano 10/1 at moment....i have no doubt you could get better....... brisvegas
Old 12th October 2001, 11:14 PM

One other thing to note about the Cox Plate is that it is a very tough 2040 metres. The final sprint is on often 600 metres or so from home.
Old 14th October 2001, 08:44 PM

Now things are really interesting, almost enough cards on the table to have an opinion, Mr Logic. You look like you were right about Northerly's health.
Sunline, Lonhro, Northerly, Universal Prince and the wildcard Silvano, some race.
My humble opinion is I don't think Sunline can win on a dry track and Northerly might be too good for Lonhro which would be saying something.
Looking forward to the race already and ruminating on the outcome in the meantime.
Old 14th October 2001, 09:58 PM

Hi, my pick was and still is Northerly. Now my current reasoning goes like this. He wins from just about anywhere in the running, including when forced out wide. Also continues to win when fitness is in question. Has beaten all serious challengers in recent weeks.

Now for those who I feel are the other challengers. Lonhro, big step up in distance and a long sustained race pace which will probably bring him to his knees 200 meters from home. like his Dad he will never give in, I think he will fight out 3rd place with Universal Prince.

Universal Prince will come home with a wet sail from way back, as so often happens the winner will be 2 strides ahead at the line. His only hope is to mix it with Sunline from the start and hope Northerly gets force so wide he has to go through the car park.

Sunline will race her normal flat out blast from the start, age has taken the sting out of her final kick for home, that is why she will be chasing Northerly home over the final 100 meters, unless Universal Princess can talk a couple of also rans into pulling off the car park ploy.

This leaves Shogun Lodge and Silvano in my humble opinion as wild cards amongst the top liners. In recent times Shogun Lodge has made a killing for his followers and he is constantly around the money at race end. Why not this time? The race is in Melbourne, not Sydney.

Silvano is the "Dark horse" but I feel the pace of this race will be quicker for longer than home and a fate similar to my prediction for Lonhro will hit 200 meters out.

I will place my money on Northerly, and cheer him to the line. Has there ever been a 3 way dead heat? The new King, reigning queen and the Prince?

Here's to a cracker of a race.
Good punting, Horse Cents