Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd January 2010, 04:02 PM

Default Wide Barrier System

Hey all, long time reader, thought I would put this one out there for somebody to check the figures on this system. If someone could break the figures into City and Country meetings that would be great. I have been trying a few ideas on the online system builder.

1300-1500m
8-12 Runners
Barrier 10-12
Placed last start
Won in last 4 starts

Any help would be appreciated. There are some great ideas on this site and the occasional great tip, keep up the good work.

Auspunter79
(Just last night there was a great $21 win at Sunny Coast)
Old 23rd January 2010, 08:57 PM

Smile

Another winner today...

Rosehill Race 8

MR UNFORGETTABLE W 5.00, P 1.90
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:55 PM

Heres one I created using Online System Creator

RULES
.11-12 Runners

.Like %4% (4th in any last 4 starts)

.Barriers 11-12

.1st-2nd LS

Result
24% SR
83% POT

There were less than 150 selections , so needs more testing.
Old 23rd January 2010, 11:58 PM

Impressive results AustPunter

Well done.
Old 24th January 2010, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPunter79
Hey all, long time reader, thought I would put this one out there for somebody to check the figures on this system. If someone could break the figures into City and Country meetings that would be great. I have been trying a few ideas on the online system builder.

1300-1500m
8-12 Runners
Barrier 10-12
Placed last start
Won in last 4 starts

Any help would be appreciated. There are some great ideas on this site and the occasional great tip, keep up the good work.

Auspunter79
(Just last night there was a great $21 win at Sunny Coast)

10 year result

sel 702
win 101
Loss 26.45%
Old 24th January 2010, 03:25 PM

Thanks Bhagwan

Shaun - any chance of having the results broken into city and country??

I'm a little surprised by the 26.45% loss, as it seems the last few years it's returning good positive returns. 10 years is a long time and every system will have its ups and down, hopefully its on a good run of wins, because I have been having some nice wins.
Old 25th January 2010, 02:58 PM

Question Barrier Bias

Some time** ago i was following a couple of chaps on a UK forum re handicapping. One of them posted a link that produced a booklet re barrier bias. I downloaded it and it had no value to me then so it is filed on a dead computer somewhere. However from memory the book listed most UK tracks and their win statistics for inner middle and outer barriers. In a field of 18 it would list the inner 6 barriers middle 6 and the outer 6. It gave these in lenghts of races and field size and standard track variences. From memory there was a discussion about the effect of barrier bias and the some barrier draws on certain tracks were such a disavantage that if a horse drew that barrier the trainer would scratch the runner. You could clearly at 1600M say at Ayr you did not back barriers 6 to 10, however at 1200M this was less a problem.
Is there a database available for Australian track bias?
Regards Beton
Old 25th January 2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
Some time** ago i was following a couple of chaps on a UK forum re handicapping. One of them posted a link that produced a booklet re barrier bias. I downloaded it and it had no value to me then so it is filed on a dead computer somewhere. However from memory the book listed most UK tracks and their win statistics for inner middle and outer barriers. In a field of 18 it would list the inner 6 barriers middle 6 and the outer 6. It gave these in lenghts of races and field size and standard track variences. From memory there was a discussion about the effect of barrier bias and the some barrier draws on certain tracks were such a disavantage that if a horse drew that barrier the trainer would scratch the runner. You could clearly at 1600M say at Ayr you did not back barriers 6 to 10, however at 1200M this was less a problem.
Is there a database available for Australian track bias?
Regards Beton
http://www.racenet.com.au/barriers.asp
Old 26th January 2010, 12:13 PM

Thanks Crackone thats a good start. Shows the results of each barrier with out consideration of field size. In graph form it shows some peculiarities and clear track bias. Some barrriers at a particular distance have no result while the adjacent barrier has a good result. This has to be from the number of runs considered. I was looking at the results with consideration of field size. Beton
Old 26th January 2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
Thanks Crackone thats a good start. Shows the results of each barrier with out consideration of field size. In graph form it shows some peculiarities and clear track bias. Some barrriers at a particular distance have no result while the adjacent barrier has a good result. This has to be from the number of runs considered. I was looking at the results with consideration of field size. Beton

Randwick Barrier 7 up to and including 1600M (not 1400!) always in profit.

If your selection happens to be in b 7 so much the better I suppose?
There are more like this but sorry don't ask, love to help but a man has to have an edge in this game!
Good luck