Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd September 2002, 09:32 PM

Has anyone heard of the the Keep It Simple selection plan plus their 8 Is Enough plan that comes with it, from Grandstand Publishing ,they claim 37% profit on turnover
average 8 bets per month.
Old 23rd September 2002, 09:35 PM

Can't help you with that one Bhagwan. I reckon I'd die of boredom if I only had 8 bets a month :grin:
Old 24th September 2002, 07:16 AM

Keep It Simple and Eight Is Enough? Are these available from http://www.cliche.com or something?

The first one is the KISS principle, the second is an old television show (here, anyway, but I'm sure you've heard of it).

Too funny. Let me know about the KISS one if it's worth it. Things need to be kept simple for me. :smile:

-Duck
Old 24th September 2002, 09:28 AM
Suspended

I've found Grandstands Products very useful over the last few years and have ordered Keep It Simple & Eight is enough.

I will report back once i've had a look at them and run their results through my dtabase.

Out of interest only 1 of the dozen or so products i have purchased from Grandstand has managed to maintain level stakes profits over more than a 12 month period.

However after i have applied 2 or 3 additional filters to a couple of thier products these have been terrific consistant earners.

While it may be argued the other 10 or so systems i have purchased from them have been a waste of money i have found most of them very educational.

Out of interest the 1 successful system that maintains good level stakes profits over a long period concentrates on Saturday Class horses racing mid week.
Old 24th September 2002, 01:53 PM

trench digger,

I've been waiting for someone to mention this.

What is the success of their formula one system? Do you get enough betting action and is it a sound principle as far as you are concerned?

What do you think?
Old 24th September 2002, 02:35 PM

TheDuck,

I have it on good authority that their next system will be called "The Brady Bunch of Winners" :lol:
Old 24th September 2002, 04:03 PM
Suspended

Equine Investor - i find Grandstands Formula 1 increases the strike rate of any system or selection process.

Having said that it also eliminates many (most) betting opportunities.

I'm not sure what the copyright laws are on a Forum like this so i'm a bit reluctant to speak too speacifically about the Formula at this stage but its pretty simple (maybe thats why it works) and relates to minium % wins at distance & track conditions.

Beacreful- i note your sceptisism of Grandstands Products in your posts on this thread. And i reiterate most of their systems are not performing over the long term. However since begining this journey into the magnificient world of horseracing from absolute scratch they have been a great educator and idea source for me (much in the same way as this Forum).

I don't purchase their products with the hope of a quick fortune but just really for ideas that an inexperienced player like me may not have previously thought of. And occassionally with a few additional filters 1 or 2 of thier products can be made profitable.

I really look forward to recieving thier products (i find their claims less extravagant than Equestrian and results closer to the truth) much in the same way i look forward to your insights and those of Equine Investors, Tessta Rossa, Bhagwan etc although one day i hope to have a similar level of expertise and not have to rely so heavily on others.
Old 24th September 2002, 04:45 PM

Trench Digger,

I didn't intend my comments to be interpreted as putting their products down - I have not used any of them so I am not in a position to make any comments positive or negative. My initial comment was just a personal opinion that a system giving only 8 bets/month would be a bit boring (for me) and the second comment was just meant as a humerous reply to TheDuck - no offence intended to anyone!

Having said that I am always skeptical about any system for sale (if it works why sell it?). However you seem to have a very sensible approach - ie. analyse the system and look for ways to improve it or ideas you can use yourself to improve your own betting and I certainly have no problem with that.
Old 24th September 2002, 05:27 PM

trench digger,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The info you supplied was quite helpful just to get an idea of what their objective is.

Providing said systems are a reasonable price and there is some merit, thought and realistic testing, then you can learn a lot.

In fact many of my betting strategies are a combination of all information I have gleamed from reputable systems, experience, books, trainers, jockeys, etc.

In the final analysis it comes down to the average percentage over the true price of horses you are able to obtain = % profit you are able to extract from the wincing bookie!

You just have to find a betting style that suits you, be disciplined, and always look for ways to improve...even when you think you have the ideal strategy!

I have learnt to be more self critical thanks to this forum!

:wink:

[ This Message was edited by: Equine Investor on 2002-09-24 17:32 ]
Old 25th September 2002, 06:58 AM

Ditto, becareful's response. No harm intended, just amused at the names they've given the systems.

Speaking of naming, I'm reminded of a Bugs Bunny cartoon from back when. It was a dog race and there were great names for the dogs but the commentary was great too. "Motorman's moustache is looking a little droopy", etc. I think the race callers should get creative with the names.

Take the first race, 24th Sep, Albion Park. I imagine a race something like this:

"Jonesey is caught in the alley while Karloo Jet rockets up the stretch. Tomtom beats an excellent pace travelling down Devils Highway but it's Maxs Mate that sails home for the win."

Well, ok, it was All Time Gold but you get the idea. :lol:

-Duck