Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 17th August 2020, 06:04 PM

Mate I have been through the wringer with Betfair.
They do not need a reason to close accounts.
Once your account has been closed they will not re open it.
I had spend 8 months dealing with the Northern Territory Racing Commissioner trying to get my account re opened and there is nothing that the NTRC can do in the Courts of Australia as there is no money being held by Betfair
There has been numerous accounts closed around the world with Betfair clients and they are in the same boat as me.
Old 17th August 2020, 07:05 PM

Oh wow, I really do apologize. I'd be totally RS without the use of Betfair.

It may be that you were cancelled for data over use, but whatever. If they won't look at reinstating you....not good.
Old 18th August 2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Mick
Mate I have been through the wringer with Betfair.
They do not need a reason to close accounts.
Once your account has been closed they will not re open it.
I had spend 8 months dealing with the Northern Territory Racing Commissioner trying to get my account re opened and there is nothing that the NTRC can do in the Courts of Australia as there is no money being held by Betfair
There has been numerous accounts closed around the world with Betfair clients and they are in the same boat as me.

What was the reason?

All the reasons I have seen are obvious for banning. Its basically people breaking the terms and conditions continuously. The reasons could be one of the following:

- It sounds like you may have been using one of the methods that abuses rounding to get an advantage. This is fair enough. Its in their terms and conditions and they actively warn people.
- There was a way to basically withdraw money even though it was technically against something. This is fair enough as its using a loophole to bet with money you don't have.
- You can't prove where the money came from to invest with? Fair enough as this could be money laundering.
- You don't fill out your contact information or you falsify your contact information. Fair enough this is fraud.
- You requested your account closed for problem gambling reasons. By law they can not reopen it.
- You are accused of premium charge avoidance. This one I understand but its harder to prove either way and not an area I would want to comment on.

They would have given a reason and you don't need to disclose it, but every case I have seen online about it generally falls into these areas.

Two Bets,

There isn't such a thing as data overuse anymore with the latest streaming API's. I can subscribe to as many markets as I want worldwide and as long as my link can handle it the data just keeps coming.
Old 19th August 2020, 02:42 PM

No they did not give me a reason for closing my account, that's the frustrating thing. I have not breached any of there terms and conditions and that is backed up by the Northern Territory Racing Commissioner.

The BOT that I was running just stopped placing bets one morning and I thought that Betfair was down. Later that afternoon I phoned them to find out what was going on as my account said ZERO.
All the phone operator could tell is that my account was closed and could not elaborate as to why. I then spoke to his manager and he told me that they closed my account and don't want my business and would not tell me why my account was closed.

I had written several emails and letters to the CEO of Betfair and they have refused to even acknowledge any of my requests. That was about 8 months ago.

All the funds that I had in my account were withdrawn and paid back to me, so there was no issue there.
The NTRC could not take Betfair to Court because there was no funds in dispute. I was advise to take the matter to the ACCC in doing so may give Betfair a fine and a smack on the bum, but it wouldn't help getting my account re opened.
Old 23rd August 2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Mick
No they did not give me a reason for closing my account, that's the frustrating thing. I have not breached any of there terms and conditions and that is backed up by the Northern Territory Racing Commissioner.

The BOT that I was running just stopped placing bets one morning and I thought that Betfair was down. Later that afternoon I phoned them to find out what was going on as my account said ZERO.
All the phone operator could tell is that my account was closed and could not elaborate as to why. I then spoke to his manager and he told me that they closed my account and don't want my business and would not tell me why my account was closed.

I had written several emails and letters to the CEO of Betfair and they have refused to even acknowledge any of my requests. That was about 8 months ago.

All the funds that I had in my account were withdrawn and paid back to me, so there was no issue there.
The NTRC could not take Betfair to Court because there was no funds in dispute. I was advise to take the matter to the ACCC in doing so may give Betfair a fine and a smack on the bum, but it wouldn't help getting my account re opened.

Mick,

Did you deposit and withdraw regularly ?
Were you smashing the servers hard with your bot?
At what prices were you placing your bets/lays?
What was your average winning amount on your bets/lays?
How many bets/lays were you doing a day?
Were you using a commercial bot or custom built bot?
Was the bets/lays you were placing on the Exchange or Fixed Price?
Did you have a VIP manager?

I might be able to pinpoint the reason for you.