Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th August 2005, 03:37 PM

Default Where do you get your fields on the net?

Last Sunday I was faced with a frustrating situation where I didn't have a few of the jockeys on the Kalgoorlie meeting and when I did find out what they were (not difficult) I didn't have their riding weights.
Usually I get my fields from the racing services board. They state the handicap weight, the jockey and the jockey's allowance in the case of apprentices. Unfortunately they often don't have the full information meaning some jockey's names are just left blank.
What other places (on the net) have the fields with the jockeys and the apprentice allowances.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

KV
Old 29th August 2005, 05:28 PM
Suspended.

Kenny, This site is good for what you want in an emergency: http://www.tabform.thewest.com.au/j.../TFFrameset.jsp

Have to join [free] but click on any horse and their recent form comes up on the left side. You also get pretty good PP odds.
Old 29th August 2005, 07:03 PM

I get all mine from Virtualformguide it has all i need
Old 30th August 2005, 06:03 AM
Suspended.

Virtualformguide ?

Why pay for something that you can get elsewhere for free ?
Old 30th August 2005, 07:34 AM

I don't pay....i use the free 3 start form...that does me fine....the key is not to log in http://www.virtualformguide.com/cgi-bin/tvf/access.pl
Old 30th August 2005, 02:06 PM

Crash, Shaun,

Thanks for the replys fellas,
Crash, I'm looking at the fields for warwick farm today and the allowance column is blank. I don't know if I've just hit them on a bad day?
Shaun, you're right, the secret is not logging in I think. I tried vfg on Sunday and couldn't find what I wanted but today (with your help) I'm looking at apprentice allowances and everything I need. Much appreciated.

KV
Old 31st August 2005, 02:52 PM
Suspended.

Kenny,

I noticed that too about the site since I only started using it again recently.. I'll use it for Sat. By about 8am. everything is there. I'm not sure how consistently they have all the info. during the week. The standard of mid-week racing has dropped to 'disgusting' level. Far too many races being run everywhere every day of the week. I don't bother with most of it now, impossible to line up form consistently. I save most of my betting money for Sat.
Old 4th September 2005, 03:07 PM

Well the virtual formguide which I thought would be my salvation failed the Sunday test. Same jockeys are blank in this as they are in the RSB fields.
I thought all was well when I went to Sportingbet and found that the missing jockeys were all in place and there were apprentice allowances in brackets after them. Wrong again. Some of the apprentice allowances are out of date and they are giving too much allowance to some apprentices.

Horse racing is supposed to be all about handicapping. It's based on putting known weights on a horses back. I can't believe that I am unable to reliably find out on the net what weight a horse will be carrying in any given race.

Does anyone know who is the source of all official weights and riders for Australian racing? There has to be an ultimate arbiter of these things - a source for this most basic of information on which to base a bet.

Waiting hopefully,
KV
Old 4th September 2005, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVictor
Does anyone know who is the source of all official weights and riders for Australian racing? There has to be an ultimate arbiter of these things - a source for this most basic of information on which to base a bet.

Waiting hopefully,
KV

HI KV!
Sorry to disappoint you but some jockeys are not named even 2 hours or less before the race. It is just a fact, we have to live with it.
The trainer may nominate a jock (in hope only) when entering the nominations, but neither trainer NOR jock is under any obligation to proceed. Sometimes it's weight problem, sometimes better rides for the jock. The only certainties are bigger stables with stable jockeys.
Every data provider gets the info from the same original source, the difference is how often they are willing to update the info.
I use Cyberhorse subscription service, not because it's better then the free one but it's much faster and easier to download and at$250 a year not too dear, but even here I get more upto_date info if I download just the night before the race.
Old 4th September 2005, 05:39 PM

Marcus25,

Couldn't agree with you more....for a lousey $250 annually Cyberhorse give you every meet, and 5 start form on the calendar.

Last edited by Squirter : 4th September 2005 at 05:42 PM.