Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 12th September 2003, 09:38 AM

Lenny thanks for that i hadn't considered using the best 3 or 4 in a race and then going from there but that might have some merit,although you'd have to pick your races carefully.

The interesting bit of those mini systems is that some seem to be intentionally avoiding last start winners,something i've been considering for the last couple of weeks.

The rules look a little back fitted if you ask me and i'd rather stick to what i think is important ut thanks again for posting them.

I'll start a new thread to post the
Thunderbolt system.
Old 12th September 2003, 06:31 PM

No problem, Dale.

It is interesting you should try and avoid last start winners by choice, I reckon this is one of the best "easy" win ideas there are!

@Lenny
Old 12th September 2003, 08:25 PM

When i say i'm looking at avoiding last start winners it's not that they are not a good chance of winning just that they are over bet compared to horses that have won their 2nd or 3rd last starts.
Old 4th September 2005, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale
Thanks for the replies not,as i said i'm after honesty so if you think it's a stupid idea say so i wont mind.

Let's examine these noble sentiments in light of your recent efforts.

Now it's:

"Talking about tossing things around can one of you ************s ......

If i offended anybody i'm not sorry,you guys who ruin every theoretic discussion and stiffle almost every thread with your negative it cant be done attitude offend me on a daily basis."

Presumably you don't mind people calling your ideas stupid, providing they don't do it in a negative manner.

I don't mind a challenge. So here goes.

The more I riffle through on-line dictionaries the more positive I become that no one will again stiffle threads.
Old 4th September 2005, 09:14 AM

Can this be for real? Jumping on Dale for some innocuous remark made TWO YEARS AGO? This is sad, and surely not in the spirit of helping each other out by throwing ideas around for CONSIDERED comment. Bear in mind, one and all, that the "gentle" Jfc has only recently labelled an (outside the square) idea as "Grotesque". This idea, by the way, had nothing to do with dressing up in horses undies. Cold showers anyone??

Last edited by punter57 : 4th September 2005 at 09:17 AM.
Old 4th September 2005, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punter57
Can this be for real? Jumping on Dale for some innocuous remark made TWO YEARS AGO? This is sad, and surely not in the spirit of helping each other out by throwing ideas around for CONSIDERED comment. Bear in mind, one and all, that the "gentle" Jfc has only recently labelled an (outside the square) idea as "Grotesque". This idea, by the way, had nothing to do with dressing up in horses undies. Cold showers anyone??

Anyone with basic reasoning powers will conclude I am not jumping on Dale for his original remark.

It clearly intended to contrast with Dale's current ones.

In those recent remarks Dale was not throwing ideas around for CONSIDERED comment.

Punter57 began the day throwing around false accusations, and I now have to waste time dealing with them.

Meanwhile he's found his confronting his mischief too tedious, and vanishes like a gambler's lucky streak.
Old 5th September 2005, 07:33 AM

Heres an idea for rating consistancy.

Only target races where the whole field has had 8+ career starts.
Now work out a percentage on how many times the horse has finished in the first 5 positions to career starts & convert this to a percentage.

Mark Reids site has a figure that has this info but one has to input the horses name to get it , can be very tedious.
He calls them F5`s.

Another is to calculate the combined career percentage of 1sts & 2nds only.
(ignore career 3rds)

The win to place percentage has a lot of logic to it .
It will be interesting to see which is the strongest situation to use it in.
One might find it to be more accurate where the whole field has had 8+
career starts.

Cheers.
Old 5th September 2005, 07:42 AM
Suspended.

Couldn't you then convert those percentages to a reasonably accurate price-line Bagman ?
Old 5th September 2005, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc
Let's examine these noble sentiments in light of your recent efforts.

Now it's:

"Talking about tossing things around can one of you ************s ......

If i offended anybody i'm not sorry,you guys who ruin every theoretic discussion and stiffle almost every thread with your negative it cant be done attitude offend me on a daily basis."

Presumably you don't mind people calling your ideas stupid, providing they don't do it in a negative manner.

I don't mind a challenge. So here goes.

The more I riffle through on-line dictionaries the more positive I become that no one will again stiffle threads.

Oooh a post that is 2 years old,obviously someone got a little upset lmao.
Old 5th September 2005, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhagwan

(1)Only target races where the whole field has had 8+ career starts.
Now work out a percentage on how many times the horse has finished in the first 5 positions to career starts & convert this to a percentage.

Mark Reids site has a figure that has this info but one has to input the horses name to get it , can be very tedious.
He calls them F5`s.

(2)Another is to calculate the combined career percentage of 1sts & 2nds only.
(ignore career 3rds)

Bhagwan your idea(1) has some merit,one could change Win of Place % to Win of Prizemoney %,ie how many times has it won compared to being placed in top 5,it could be a much more consistent way of rating horses which have that knack of sticking their heads out at the line,i was mucking around with W of P % in the first place trying to systematicly pick horses that have a habit of going on to win when they are in the finish.

(2) I'm not as fussed on this idea,some horses are habitual 2nd place getters,it all goes back to horse pack mentality and weaker animals not challenging the leader of the pack.

I'm not as big a fan of this approach as i once was but i think it has plenty going for it and if used in combination with a couple of other aspects could excell but thesedays i find career starts a better way to work out that horse that just has that something extra,i guess that goes back to horse pack mentality aswell with the younger stronger fitter brumby stepping up to challenge the old worn out pack leader for leadership rights.