Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd May 2005, 10:22 AM

Unhappy Hi Mark

it may be a little tounge in cheeck,

I have tried it live since 4th april on NSW tab, too slow for dogs but still worked ok.

Opened up unitab account 26th april 2pm ish with "standard ammount" and i am now waiting for "unrestricted account" to be cleared as the balance went over their terms, that was in 4 days, hopefully it wasnt just a luck run as im thinking !

it may all come to a crashing end shortly !

Cheers
Dingo
Old 3rd May 2005, 10:30 AM
Banned

Smile GEES MARK.

You blokes dont bet with REAL money do you.
Cheers.
darky.
Old 3rd May 2005, 10:58 AM

Mark,
We're just kicking a few ideas around here. And that's the whole idea - to look at things like this BEFORE you put your money down.

Dingo,
There were 83 races yesterday. By the way, I've just looked at numbers 2,3,6,7 and they produced better results. Again, making no additions or adjustments for scratchings, these numbers produced 45 wins and a return of $307. As for Any2 bets, that's basically just like a quinella, only your selections don't have to finish 1st & 2nd. They can finish 1st & 3rd or 2nd & 3rd. There are three separate dividends and as a result some of the divs are pretty damn small, but you can get some real good ones too. And of course it's possible to win all 3 divs with the one bet if you box your selections or have a couple of bankers. And the bet I've been talking about is where you take one selection as a banker from the field. Then all your runner has to do is just get a place and you collect 2 of the 3 divs. So it's basically just like a place bet, only that if a roughie or two pops in the placings it can pay a fair bit more than a place bet of the same size.

Last edited by Sportz : 3rd May 2005 at 11:09 AM.
Old 3rd May 2005, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz
BJ,

3,4,5,6 would have done very well at the Nowra dogs today.

Yeah, I saw a couple of them.... I think one of them paid about $25, and then the next was about $10.....

I only suggested those numbers to keep with the theme of 4 numbers....
Personally I would only take 1 of them..... Either the 4, or the 5... And use a staking plan. I haven't thought too much about the staking plan so I could not suggest anything yet.

I think the whole point of gambling is to find value. There is no value in the outside boxes. Sometimes you will find a dog starting from box 4 paying $2. I would imagine the same dog in the same field coming from box 1 would pay about $1.2.

In saying this, I still think that you need to be betting on a platform that AT LEAST pays better than 2 totes...
I don't believe in any staking plan that can overcome a 90% return.....
To use a staking plan, you must at least be returning 95% on straight bets or you are just asking for trouble.... And I probably wouldn't touch it unless it was about 97%.
This is only my opinion though and I wish you guys all the best....
Old 3rd May 2005, 12:36 PM

Thumbs up good stuff

Thanks Sportz,
Interesting thing those any twos, i was going to ask about the banker but you are too quick, i saw it there on the left but was too scared to touch it, thinking it might just add more things into the pot of thoughts.

The main thing is you are right, we are only kicking a few ideas around, infact, YEAHHAA, my unitab account is re opened and im going to give it a little try on the 1287, just to have a look, i might try with a 50% increase on stake ofter loss ?

See how it goes.

Dingo
Old 3rd May 2005, 01:35 PM

Thumbs up

orange r1 no1 $20.20 unitab, & the day is but young
Old 4th May 2005, 10:56 AM

Thumbs down

lean pickings after that tho......
Old 19th May 2005, 06:18 AM

The stronger divs & results seem to come from races 1300M+
Old 19th May 2005, 10:35 AM

What tab offers the any2 option....and is it possible to estimate the return from the prices you see.....like we can with exacta/quinella/trifecta