Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 21st October 2002, 06:54 PM

Hi all

I'm looking for a reliable, proven internet based system that auto alerts (say by email or software running in background) when a system selection is about to line up.

Does anyone know if this type of service or software exists? Any ideas or links welcome.

Regards Craig
Old 21st October 2002, 07:07 PM

Hi Cadman,

Do you mean a blackbook service? If so you could try http://racingandsports.com.au they email you usually two days before your horse is about to run. 90% reliable 10% unreliable - missed a couple of runners the last month or so.

If you mean auto alert to tab fluctuations as per your previous post, you would need to monitor TAB fluctuations in "real-time", no email service would be able to email you in time as the bulk of money goes on in the last two minutes before the jump.

My experience of tote plunges are not that the horses have any greater chance of winning, it's merely a correction inline with approximate on-course odds available.
Old 21st October 2002, 07:08 PM

To expand to my last post...

Hi all

I'm not interested in punching in any data or studing any form. I'm particularly interested in something that notifies standout picks on exotics. Something that with the push of a button produces the combinations for say a particular odds range
and auto submits to a selected TAB account.

Does anyone know if this type of service or software exists? Any ideas or
links welcome.

Regards Craig
Old 21st October 2002, 07:31 PM

cadman,

You could have a look at **************** (www.****************.com.au) as I believe it does exotics betting and can send bets to your tab account. It also links to Price Predictor which some others here have mentioned as a useful tool.

However I should stress I have not used the **************** software and therefore cannot comment on it either postively or negatively. My interest in it is purely because it can use the Bettordata service to get more up-to-date prices than internet - however I can say their customer support seems a bit slow - I sent them an email last week with some questions and have not received a response yet. I would recommend you tread very carefully if you are going to start betting without picking up a formguide!
Old 21st October 2002, 07:38 PM
puntz

deleted

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2003-02-07 23:34 ]
Old 21st October 2002, 08:31 PM

Cadman,
You can try http://www.intaracing.com.au
It has exotic selections with interface to TAB's for internet betting, but you have to click buttons.
Old 21st October 2002, 10:02 PM

Quote:
On 2002-10-21 19:38, puntz wrote:
I made the same enquiries 18 months ago.
Starting price to have it developed
$55,000.00
plus unknown costs, at $1000.00 per day.

$55,000

I'll do it for about 1/3 of that price! Seriously though if you can't find what you want in existing software let me know and we might be able to work something out.

Old 22nd October 2002, 10:10 AM

Puntz,

I agree that can be a problem with any software development - there is always the potential for the software developer to try to steal your idea for his/her self. There are a number of things you can do to try to protect yourself here.

1. Find an honest developer with references you can verify, etc.
2. Always get the developer to sign a non-disclosure agreement before you give them any information you are concerned about. I always have one of these with the clients I work for. Of course it won't stop them using the info but at least you can sue them into bankruptcy if they ever sell a product based on your documented ideas!
3. When designing the software make sure it works with a set of parameters which you will enter at a later date. For example lets say you want the system to pick out runners in 1000m-1200m races that finished 1st or 2nd last start and where starting price is from $5 to $15. The specification for the programmer would be that the race has to be from Distance1 to Distance2, the last finishing position P1 to P2, the price from Price1 to Price2, the Barrier from B1 to B2, etc. When you get the program you then fill in the parameter table with the values you want (so Distance1=1000, Distance2=1200, P1=1, P2=2, Price1=$5.00, Price2=$15.00, B1=1, B2=24). This way the programmer has no idea about what parameters you are using and which ones are important - in above example he doesn't know that barrier is irrelevant to you. This also has the advantage that when you decide to change a parameter you don't have to pay the programmer again to modify the program.
Old 22nd October 2002, 11:35 AM
puntz

OK, so one has a section with variable parameters. That's been done and fair enough so far.
Then there is the "method", I want to protect my "method"
Fortunately for me, what HAS been revealed, will never work for anyone else. But IF there is a certain calculation, a formula or process for the formula, that is unique, or "never been done before", or thought of, can THAT particular "process" be patented?
It has more to do with protocol rather than variable selection criteria.
So I guess it would be termed within the programing a "protocol" for IF this or that would appear during the process of selections, AFTER the parameters are set.
Can a protocol be patented? is the next question.

[ This Message was edited by: puntz on 2002-10-22 11:38 ]
Old 22nd October 2002, 02:49 PM

Puntz,

I understand what you are saying but as I am not a patent lawyer I have no idea whether you could patent it or not. My gut feeling is that you probably would not be able to as I believe you usually have to have some physical product (or details of the final physical product) to get a patent. Intellectual property, books, computer programs, etc are generally covered by the copyright rules rather than patent.

Assuming you are just concerned about the developer stealing your idea then the Non-Disclosure Agreement I mentioned previously should give you as much protection as a patent anyway. Basically these agreements say that anything you disclose to me (either in writing or verbally) remains your property and I can not sell it, give it away or use it for my own benefit without your approval. If I breach that you can sue me for any money I have made from your idea or any money you have lost (or both).

Of course ideally you want to avoid having to sue anyone so finding an honest programmer is a better option!