Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th February 2008, 11:31 AM

Default Placecard?

A new service offered by a well known agency, i.e. you are required to pick a horse for a place in 4 designated races, the odds are ADDED together, now as I understand it that means for example, say you picked 4 successful horses all paying $2, so the odds are evens x4 = $5 return. (4-1)

If you pick the same 4 in a 3 horse all up and put all the returns on the 4th one the return is: $16 (15-1) same $1 stake.

Now we all know the term "MUG" punter but this takes the buscuit doesn't it?

I'm hoping that I've got the facts straight there of course otherwise it's me with egg on me face!
Old 9th February 2008, 09:59 PM

Yep it does say added together, must be a mistake .
Old 9th February 2008, 10:08 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
A new service offered by a well known agency, i.e. you are required to pick a horse for a place in 4 designated races, the odds are ADDED together, now as I understand it that means for example, say you picked 4 successful horses all paying $2, so the odds are evens x4 = $5 return. (4-1)

If you pick the same 4 in a 3 horse all up and put all the returns on the 4th one the return is: $16 (15-1) same $1 stake.

Now we all know the term "MUG" punter but this takes the buscuit doesn't it?

I'm hoping that I've got the facts straight there of course otherwise it's me with egg on me face!

A bus full of biscuits party? now that’s a mouthful LOL
Old 9th February 2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackone
Yep it does say added together, must be a mistake .
No mistake just rang them agread all up would be better most of the time. theory was you now the odds you are getting with them.(fixed)
Old 10th February 2008, 04:26 AM

Gees, ok bloo-oody BIScuits then, can you believe that? well anyway we know what *they* think of their customers ey? added together, my GOD! it's a bit like the doubles bookies, i.e 5-1 + 5-1 = 25-1, when it should be 6x6 =35-1, ...... ONLY worse!
Tell me has anyone made a place card bet with them? not trying to ridicule here just to educate.
Old 10th February 2008, 07:47 AM

Yes Party, i took one over the phone with someone there. A Claytons one for a better term. I didnt believe what i read in the terminology so i rang and asked if they could walk 1 through with me.

The result, as was explained, was if we took 4x mules @ $10ea then the TAB equivelant would have to pay $2.50pl. I told him "WOW set odds, i like that"
The chap was pretty chuffed in himself until i then said " The bit where i have to pick from the races you decide though, is sort of like me coming to your house for a game of backyard cricket but i have to bat french style" The conversation dulled there after.

I think thats the point here. I like set odds before hand but this all revolves a house advantage because of set betting races ( the wide open ones ). The $56 we added up together ( i just picked #2 in each race for our on the phone example ) is where they will also catch the mug punter who starts multiplying enough of those $56's until he visualises a new car in the driveway. Good agency, dumb idea.