Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 10th January 2005, 04:02 PM

Unhappy Quinellas

An interesting method,purely mechanical,for quinella bettors.Using the prepost market(after scratchings)simply box the first 6 in the market at a cost of $15 for $1 or $7.50 at a half.Results for last Saturday
Gold Coast
6/9
out $135
in $215.10
Rosehill
9/9
out $135
in $130.80
Caulfield
7/7
out $105
in $146.20
Belmont
6/8
out $120
in $160
Victoria Park
6/8 out $120
in $54.10
Not anything spectacular in the way of profit but with a strike rate like that I am sure that using Malcom Knowles quinella book and eliminating bad value races,and betting to prices instead of boxing,it could have some merit.Any thoughts?
Old 10th January 2005, 05:47 PM

I have only ever played with this idea and never realy tested it to any degree but you could try this...take the top 6 prices about 5 minutes to jump and and put your bets on line this.
1st/2nd
1st/2nd/3rd
1st/2nd/3rd/4th
1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th
1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th
cost $35...i tried this on the dogs at one point with some success
Old 10th January 2005, 08:52 PM

Shaun,I cant imagine that working on the panlickers in this day and age for a cost of $35,the pools are just not big enough.Contrary to the "herd" mentality,there is still value to be had in quinellas.The average mug punter will standout a short priced fav and take the field in a quinella hoping for a roughie to come in with it.The best value to be had in quinellas are the combinations that are paying 10/1 or les,IF you bet to prices.If there is any interest in this topic I will elaborate further.
cheers
Old 10th January 2005, 09:54 PM

Re dishlickers

I did a full year paper run on the quartet for WA dogs.
pre post paper prices. The first four PP came in the same percentage as the the first three PP and the last PP and paid a lot better. Still paid a slight LOT

Regards Beton
Old 11th January 2005, 01:20 AM

The idea of targeting the prepost market is a strong one.
I have found that the pre-post market ranking more superior in SR, than any of the dozens of form rating service that I have seen.

I feel with quinellas , that it is important to try & target the best field sizes so as to try & get the best value to risk.
There can be value in Quinellas but there also seem to be a lot of short payers which knocks the averages around.

I did an execise once of 200 races targeting races with 11-12 runners only, boxing the 5 pre-post runners & it fell into a big hole , never to be seen again.

Someone could maybe offer some angles to look at in these size races, because there is some big payers that get up.

Cheers.