Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd June 2018, 12:06 PM

There will always be disagreements between those who know systems work and use them and those who don't use systems.

Each of us has our own way of making money on the punt.

In my case I will stick with my systems which make money whether I am here, overseas, asleep, sick or just getting on with life. That is why I use systems. I make money regardless of what I am doing so its truly passive income. ]My starting capital of $100 now has a lot more zeros behind it.

But I also agree that handicapping, watching the odds and being present at race time can allow you to also earn so much more. THis is because there is a lot of stuff a system can not deal with and it approximates and generalises its approach to races.

As I said each to their own. The most important thing is finding a method which works for you.
Old 3rd June 2018, 02:06 PM

Smile

Very true UB.
Old 3rd June 2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech
Probably warrants starting another thread and validating each persons argument

I believe the definition of a "system" to each individual can be viewed differently.

eggsactly
What is a system?

BTW, in my opinion a system, that is rigid and unchanging, relying on rules worked out on ageing data is bound to lose in the long run.

On the other hand, a 'system', that is updated on the run with new data is not really a 'system' IMO, but closer to handicapping.
Old 4th June 2018, 01:18 AM

UB may be right, this may need a separate thread, D has got a point in that very few systems can continually make a profit if the rules aren't tweaked, cos everything changes. Even this PPM has been tweaked a few times, in the beginning the rule was Sr, MR, Br, Ar, Pr, ALL races Saturday/ Wednesday only, I think it was Shaun that pointed out that races 5 on had a much better result, so now it read ALL meets , races 5 onwards, that doesn't presume that is the best scenario, maybe someone will tweak it again?
Old 4th June 2018, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
There will always be disagreements between those who know systems work and use them and those who don't use systems.

Each of us has our own way of making money on the punt.

In my case I will stick with my systems which make money whether I am here, overseas, asleep, sick or just getting on with life. That is why I use systems. I make money regardless of what I am doing so its truly passive income. ]My starting capital of $100 now has a lot more zeros behind it.

But I also agree that handicapping, watching the odds and being present at race time can allow you to also earn so much more. THis is because there is a lot of stuff a system can not deal with and it approximates and generalises its approach to races.

As I said each to their own. The most important thing is finding a method which works for you.

Exactly :-) Well said UB.
Old 4th June 2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypooper
UB may be right, this may need a separate thread, D has got a point in that very few systems can continually make a profit if the rules aren't tweaked, cos everything changes.

Not everything changes partypooper, there are constants, and that's one thing overlooked by many.
Old 4th June 2018, 08:51 AM
Vortech

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor

In my case I will stick with my systems which make money.

Unfortunately this will fail long term. It's in the maths.
Old 4th June 2018, 09:13 AM

Why is this such an issue, i won't call this a system but more a selection process, over time the SR is around 2% it works best using betfair and the reason for using the last couple races is simply cutting down the number of bets and they are races that are often harder to find winners i guess

I have seen this selection process go months with out a winner betting every day, it is very open to interpretation and price depending on where you get your form.

The plus side, your at the races with your mates and grab a winner that pays 30, 50 or even a 100 bucks or more, now that's priceless.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 4th June 2018, 01:20 PM

One person suggested a minimum price rule could actually push it into profit, not sure what that magic price might be; it would need a thorough investigation but something like $15 minimum on BF say 1 minute b4 the off.
Obviously this would cut out some winners but also many losers leaving us with the "big uns"..........might work, someone else suggested it may work slightly better on Soft or Heavy going. needs dissecting I suppose.
Old 4th June 2018, 02:58 PM

I would think more like $30, leave the little fish for others.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee