Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th February 2011, 02:33 PM

Thumbs up place or eachway

g'day, given this by some one who says he makes a lot of money over the year betting both place and e/w....find a horse that has finished 5,6 or 7th last start but has finished in a place the previous three starts..says for place betting he aims at 4-5 winners on the trot going all up..not sure if he was talking through the bottom of his glass,but some one may have heard of this or have a base that can check..love to know your thoughts... bill
Old 13th February 2011, 03:02 PM

tested :

I didn't do all ups though. Just the base figures on level staking but it showed a huge loss. Approx 29%. This was over 2890 selections.

If you stuck to those starting under $5 then you lose less then 10%.
Old 13th February 2011, 04:38 PM

oldtimers,

I am currently testing out the all in/parlay betting on favs for the place.

I'm testing the following on a bot
Must be fav 10 sec before the off
Minimum div $1.20
10-14 Runners
$3000 traded volume (sometimes on betfair there isn't much volume on the place markets)

My testing is for 5 x parlay and 4 x parlay.

Testing worked well because I was just backing them at level stakes and then checking if 5 winners occurred in a row. The last 2 days I'm testing it on my new bot which has parlay staking but am finding that if the previous bet isn't settled then the next bet isn't placed and I'm missing out on possible parlays like I did today.

The last 2 days haven't been good but the total for the last 22 days has been +$88 using $1 bets. I'm stopping when I lose 10 bets ($10) from my highest point.

I'm not sure that's so good after 22 days. There have been 11 losing days but the winning days sure make up for them.
Old 13th February 2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho

My testing is for 5 x parlay and 4 x parlay.

Testing worked well because I was just backing them at level stakes and then checking if 5 winners occurred in a row. The last 2 days I'm testing it on my new bot
Hi Ocho, what is your new bot?

I don't use betfair at the moment because I can't get matched for the full amount most of the time, but I'm thinking of using a bot for some of my bets.

Also, if you don't mind explaining, why would you use "parlay" betting?
Unless every one of your upcoming selection had the same rating-chance of placing or winning it would be a bit of a risk, don't you think?

Surely they cannot all have the same chance, in which case why risk ALL the money on them?

Wouldn't it be more prudent to wait until the race finished, see how much you won and then assess the chances, and most importantly the odds of the next runner and bet accordingly?

So far, the reason behind this kind of betting eluded me.

Cheers
Old 13th February 2011, 05:34 PM

Hi lomaca

I have just purchased BF Bot Manager V2. I already had V1 which is just for basic stuff but V2 has a large number of various staking options (if you like that sort of thing) and can also bet on multiple horses which V1 doesn't do.

The reason I use the bot is that, unfortunately, I have to work during the week so all I do is see what I'm betting the night before, place my bets in the morning and away we go.

Parlay Bets. I agree with you about the same ratings but I'm only really testing it out after reading about it in an ebook. The gist of it is if you can get, say, 5 place bets in a row then the amount you win will get you a lot further ahead than simply placing level stakes bets.

If you're using $5 stakes to start the sequence, the most you're going to lose on the 5th bet is $5, even though you may be placing a $30 or $40 bet, or whatever.

As with waiting until the race is finished. I can't do that when I'm at work or away from the computer which is why I use the bot.

I don't know if the theory's right or not but, so far, it has been going well.

In my previous post I tried to explain it using $1 staked but in truth I'm using less.

By the way, since my bot lost $5 (10 x 50c bets today) and the bot switched to simulation mode, 10 favs (matching my selection process) have placed in a row . That's 2 lots of 5 parlays FFS
Old 13th February 2011, 05:36 PM
Banned

Default bot

lomaca - cant go past betting assistant
Old 14th February 2011, 03:13 AM

I will agree on that and if you know excel anything is possible.
Old 14th February 2011, 08:45 AM
Vortech

What sort of costs are involved and are there any bots that place bets per a system criteria?
Old 14th February 2011, 11:08 AM
Banned

re betting assistant - google 'gruss' to get costing info etc, its more than affordable & as shaun has said, as long as you have an understanding of excel you can get it to do almost anything...except to do the dishes, they are still working on that i beleive
Old 14th February 2011, 11:08 PM

Question parlays

By the way, since my bot lost $5 (10 x 50c bets today) and the bot switched to simulation mode, 10 favs (matching my selection process) have placed in a row . That's 2 lots of 5 parlays FFS [/QUOTE]

If you had 10 placed horses in a row then that should be 5 successful parlays shouldn't it?

10-9-8-7-6, 9-8-7-6-5,.......5-4-3-2-1

or am I missing something?

Gerry