Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th July 2006, 09:31 PM

Default FANTASY RACING 3 (Spring 2006)

Welcome to the 3rd Fantasy Racing competition. Hopefully, this will again prove to be a bit of fun. I have decided to make a few changes this time which I think will make the competition MUCH EASIER, both for competitors and for the guy running it.

The object of the game is to select a stable of horses to race for you during the Spring Carnival. The competition will run from August 5 to November 18 and the races we will be operating on are all Group1, Group2, Group3 and Listed races anywhere in Australia. Each feature race will be worth a certain number of points to the horses which finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. There will also be bonus points for quinellas, trifectas and first4s. The winner of the competition will be the person who ends up with the greatest number of points after November 18.

Please read the rules very carefully.

RULES

(1) Everyone must select a stable of 20 horses, any horses, no matter what age group.
There is no money amount given to the horses this time and there is no salary cap to worry about. Simply choose the 20 horses you think are most likely to do well in the big feature races this spring.

(2) The final deadline for entering your original stable of 20 horses is midnight Thursday August 3rd.
To make sure we have plenty of variety with our stables, I would like everyone to send their initial stable to me by email.
sportznut 67 @ hotmail dot com
After the competition has started however, you can simply post all of your other changes on this thread.

(3) Everyone is allowed to make up to 5 FREE SWAPS in the period leading up to Midnight Thursday August 31.
In other words, before September starts, you can replace up to 5 of your stable horses with new ones and suffer no penalty at all.

(4) From September 1 onwards, every time you want to include a new horse, you must delete TWO of the horses already in your stable.
This is quite straightforward. To choose a new horse, you must get rid of TWO. If you want to include 2 new horses, then you must delete FOUR, and so on. Therefore, from September onwards, every time you make a change, your stable becomes smaller by one.

(5) You can make swaps AT ANY TIME, but you must make sure that you do it at least two days before your new horses are due to race.
You do not have to wait for specified trading periods this time. You can make swaps whenever you want to. HOWEVER, you must make changes two days in advance. In other words, if you want to include a horse which is racing on Saturday, then you MUST make the swap no later than Thursday, or else that Saturday run will not count.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, there you have it. Nice and easy, and user friendly. Now we just have to put our thinking caps and carefully choose our 20 horses. By the way, there are no "stable Stars" earning double points this time. All horses are worth the same and can earn the same points. Obviously the biggest feature races are worth the most points and if you can manage to get a quinella, trifecta or first4 in one of the big races, that will certainly be a good boost to your score.

If you have any questions, just ask. Good luck!

Last edited by Sportz : 26th July 2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 26th July 2006, 09:37 PM
Banned

i'm in as usual
Old 27th July 2006, 06:04 AM
Banned

Sweet, yeah ill give it a go.
Old 27th July 2006, 06:44 AM
Banned

i'll decline thankx sportz as i've got that other comp going on which i intend to win
cheers
Old 27th July 2006, 06:45 AM

Yea why not looks fairly simple
Old 27th July 2006, 09:00 AM

Just to help you out, the following horses are either retired, heading overseas, out for the spring or in some doubt:

Astronomia
Barely a Moment
Bazelle
Benicio
Candy Vale
Consular
Duelled
Ferocity
Flying Pegasus
Glamour Puss
God's Own
Hotel Grand
Ike's dream
Jet Spur
La Sizeranne
Mr Celebrity
Nadeem
Nevis
Plagiarize
Portland Singa
Prince Dande Lion
Regal Roller
Segments
Shania Dane
She's Justa Tad
Sky Cuddle
Snitzel
Stratum
Sydney Owner
Tubular Bells
Undoubtedly
Wasp
Xcellent

I've probably forgotten a few there, so if anyone else has any info on horses which may not be racing this Spring, feel free to let everyone know.

Last edited by Sportz : 27th July 2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 27th July 2006, 10:59 AM

Sounds good Sportz. Count me in.
Old 27th July 2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

empyreal is out for spring
Old 28th July 2006, 08:44 AM

By the way, could everyone please try to put your stables in alphabetical order when you send them to me. Would make it a lot easier for me.
Old 28th July 2006, 11:21 AM
Banned

Count me in also, would there be a bonus for picking the 1st 4 in the melbourne cup ?