Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th September 2005, 01:46 PM

Option B then Option A, but specific to the program in question.
50 % solved.

Next, ( 25 %)
Teach A to do B
because A ( punter) taught B (progarmmer) basic fundamentals on defining and Activating an, "Edge" not possible without PC.

Next ( 12.5%)
Ethics

Next ( 6.25%)
It may not work to expectations !

6.25 % it might.

100 % if it does.
---------------------

Next,
Old 6th September 2005, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVictor
Bluetown,

The only ways I can see are:
B: Get together with someone who programs that you can trust and build it together.

KV

Okay, so in keeping with that sentiment, is there anyone on this list that lives near Sydney, that would like to work on a unique new concept I have developed in theory, but lack the skills in DB design to make happen.

Tailwag.
Old 6th September 2005, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetown
Option B then Option A, but specific to the program in question.
50 % solved.
Next, ( 25 %)
Teach A to do B
because A ( punter) taught B (progarmmer) basic fundamentals on defining and Activating an, "Edge" not possible without PC.
Next ( 12.5%)
Ethics
Next ( 6.25%)
It may not work to expectations !
6.25 % it might.
100 % if it does.
---------------------
Next,

Bluetown,
The rest of us humans try to write in sentences. We find it takes a little longer but actually conveys some (hopefully) worthwhile information.

KV
Old 6th September 2005, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailwag
Okay, so in keeping with that sentiment, is there anyone on this list that lives near Sydney, that would like to work on a unique new concept I have developed in theory, but lack the skills in DB design to make happen.

Tailwag.

I live a long way from Sydney and you can trust me as far as you can throw me but I'm a bit busy with 15 projects of my own. :-)

KV
Old 6th September 2005, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I live a long way from Sydney and you can trust me as far as you can throw me but I'm a bit busy with 15 projects of my own. :-)

KV

Hehehe I like it, btw, how much do you weigh :-)

Seriously, I find it very strange that Sydney does not boast at least one accomplished Access DB programmer that is intensely interested in the racing industry and more specifically in designing a system that may yield more than he/she currently reaps from the game.

Tailwag
Old 6th September 2005, 04:37 PM
pebbles

Try this place kennyVictor

http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/default.asp

would cost you 300/500US it's simple programming.

pebbles
Old 6th September 2005, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles
Try this place kennyVictor

http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/default.asp

would cost you 300/500US it's simple programming.

pebbles

My word you are a humourless fellow Pebbles. I was having a little laugh at my own expense. You see I am a programmer, I know how much these jobs cost and I was pretending to be an overcharging charlatan. See my other answer involving how far I can be thrown. This doesn't really equate my level of trust with my weight and tailwag's strength and or knowledge of ancient catapults. It's more humour, again at my own expense.
Now the humour in this answer may again pass over your head but so that my efforts are not completely lost I'm afraid I have to inform you it's at your expense this time.

KV
Old 6th September 2005, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailwag

Seriously, I find it very strange that Sydney does not boast at least one accomplished Access DB programmer that is intensely interested in the racing industry and more specifically in designing a system that may yield more than he/she currently reaps from the game.

Tailwag

Hi Tailwag!
The fact that you are communicating here with us proves that there is no need for you and a programmer to be in the same town, hey! not even on the same continent, (would help though if in the same universe, unlike some).
As a matter of fact we do prefer written instruction.
Saying that, I am not offering my services either, just too busy.
As to programmers not understanding horseracing, that is just utter crap.
Where I work we write programmes for many different clients, requiering solutions to problems I did not even knew existed and we do not know a thing about their business. Computers work with data
not opinions (although if you include let's say, a memo field in the horses record, I can get the info out and add an agreed numerical value to your opinion), so, as long there is data we can use it and write programmes.
Hope your first selection wins 52.78% of the time.
Cheers
Old 6th September 2005, 05:26 PM

Quote:
This doesn't really equate my level of trust with my weight and tailwag's strength and or knowledge of ancient catapults.
KV

How did you know I was a catapult enthusiast :-)
http://www.mlahanas.de/Greeks/war/Catapults.htm

Tailwag
Old 6th September 2005, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus25
Hi Tailwag!
The fact that you are communicating here with us proves that there is no need for you and a programmer to be in the same town, hey! not even on the same continent, (would help though if in the same universe, unlike some).

I accept that, but have a severe case of paranoia, you see it just might be that I have the Holy Grail of systems, and don't want every ************ to have it, if it is spread around it would be useless by definition.

Therein lies the problem, once a system becomes popular, it becomes obsolete. Yes you may quote me on that :-)

Thanks for the time and energy you took to reply, I appreciate it, regardless of your location :-)

Tailwag