Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th September 2005, 04:16 PM

Default TAB 100's

Hey all,

Here is an idea that i have spotted over the last coupla' days. I am not pretending that it is foolproof or some such but i think it is worth mentioning. I have been observing the performances of horses with UNITAB ratings of 100. Needless to say that this is the highest rating available and as such asks a lot of the animal, which as we all know is sometimes asking too much. So with this in mind my suggestion is to lay the 100 raters.

At first glance it seems to be successful. The 100 raters are usually reasonably low prices in the betting market allowing the punter to lay them at a reasonable price with the betting exchanges. If no 100 rater take the next highest only and if two 100's lay them both - idea only - but seems OK. Now i have no statistics or anything like that to prove this so i am asking you guys with the means and experience to contribute to this idea.

There is one caveat however and boy it is a whopper. Again with little hard evidence there seems to be at least one and sometimes two 100 raters that get up and win. This is to be expected as havng a rating of 100 does not in itself prevent you from winning a race - from the Nags perspective at least. So it would be wise to use some judgement and pick the weakest Nag(s) in each field and card. The reason for this is that if your lay the Nag and it wins all your hard work, read $$$$$$, have been wiped out in one hit.

So there it is, layed out for everyone to assess. I will not be offended if you don't like the idea or if it turns out to be a dud - all possible, but i would like some feedback as perhaps with a little work it can be refined and help us all win a few more $$$. Then again others will think i am off my rocker, which while they may have little hard evidence, is not that far off the mark either.
Old 9th September 2005, 04:57 PM

Default Mad reply

Hi Mad,
Didn't the Bagman or someone of similar high breeding suggest some time ago that 100 rating and first pick by the tipsters tended to salute on a regular basis? Maybe that scenario should be avoided.
Old 9th September 2005, 05:10 PM

Possible Twobets - very possible.

I have done very little serious research to be honest.