Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 4th September 2005, 05:30 PM
Suspended.

Quote: "very interesting". Meaning 924 ?

What were your other selection your method turned up and how did they go ? Are your system rules on the forum or if not, at least it's pre-race selections, including Foxy Tyra ?

I can't seem to find either[?] 8-)

Last edited by crash : 4th September 2005 at 05:33 PM.
Old 4th September 2005, 05:52 PM

Evening Crash, I have been following with interest, over the last two weeks, I also happened to pick up one extra horse both saturday's. I honestly dont know what sort of track is after "dead". also is the morning line price on line different to the newspaper price? , as that is where I took my prices from. I also looked at Wednesday just gone and had three horses for two winners $13.50 & $1.80 even though this is not a rule, but just trying to get the hang of it. thanks

4. Track no worse than dead.
6. Morning line odds no more than $7 from:
Old 4th September 2005, 08:41 PM
Suspended.

Yes Feather, it runs 7 days a week but for the forum I only named Saturday as it is time consuming for few runners during the week and I didn't want to post results daily. I ran this system [daily] very profitably for a very long time. Then things hit the fan [spring time, so be careful] and I put it away again for a time.

Newspaper odds can be used but I use that site for sat. so there is no confusion when I print the results as they are checkable by anyone anywhere.

Cheers,
Old 5th September 2005, 06:31 AM

hi Crash..
Quote: "very interesting". Meaning 924 ?

What were your other selection your method turned up and how did they go ? Are your system rules on the forum or if not, at least it's pre-race selections, including Foxy Tyra
?

I can't seem to find either[?] 8-)

interesting in that Punter 57's and my own method came up with the same selection and that the only co inciding selection won. I apologise for not explaining myself better there.

Yes the rules were posted just a few days ago . It was on this very thread and someone was a bit ********ed off that I put them there..wrong thread or something..

Anyway, I didnt come here to boast or to fight... and I'll post the selections here tomorrow after I retrieve them from home. the ones I posted were using the QLD tab ratings and I use the TRb ratings.
Old 5th September 2005, 07:16 AM
Suspended.

Hi 924,

Sorry for any misunderstanding but I wasn't sure of your point because I looked for your system thread and couldn't find it. I normally don't look for other member's systems on my own thread.

No, I wasn't peeved about you posting your system here. I was just hinting at forum 'etiquette'. Threads can get very unwieldy and after checking, my thread has 2 other systems on it so far and is already up to 4 pages of posts that mostly have nothing at all to do with my system. As you are going to post your system selections here, I think I'll start a new thread because I want to follow and post results for some time. I'm not getting into what is going to start looking like a system competition either, though I'm not saying that is you intention. It just that people are going to start getting confused with which selections and results belong to which system.

Good luck and good punting.

Last edited by crash : 5th September 2005 at 07:29 AM.
Old 6th September 2005, 08:57 AM

Hi Crash,

navigating my way around here is still a real mission for me. and again I apologise for my posting of a selection method in your thread..I started out replying to something and it just grew into a rather large post as I opened up to reveal my personal methods...I guess thats what happens when one thinks out loud lol. AS far as ettitquette goes, yes I could have begun a new thread with it. However, interest has waned much in just a couple of days so it confirms my earlier suspicions that most people would not be interested and that it didnt warrant its own thread.

Crash, I agree with you . There seems to be far too much aggression on this forum..what does that say about serious punters? Are we generally so insecure, masochistic and lacking in social skills as a result of our narrow focussed lifestyle? Does this only apply to Australian punters who feel as though they are getting the crap beat out of them and everything is a battle?, or is this a worldwide thing? lol. I think it a real shame that people are so prone to attack here..this is a great vehicle for punters to enjoy each others company.

You asked me what my selections were on saturday, as I had only posted what the selections were using the Qtab ratings. So here goes

Sydney Foxy Tyra Q Won 13.08 iasbet

melbourne: Q Long Walk unpl

Bianomour QNR (2 units) Unpl

Future analysis TRQLSW (3 units) unpl

Caprizzi Strip Q 3rd. $6.90 nsw ($8 vic?)

Final Express QNR (2 units) Won 8.55

Bris: Daneful QNR (2 units) unpl

Past Tense Q unpl

Crystal Wit QNR (2 units) unpl

Btw I only bet to win..i dont bet e/w or place

Cheers
Old 6th September 2005, 11:10 AM
Suspended.

"Btw I only bet to win..i don't bet e/w or place"

Well we certainly have something in common there w934 and I think our logic is on firm ground [donning fireproof suit as this will be read by others].

Re your other point:
"Crash, I agree with you . There seems to be far too much aggression on this forum..what does that say about serious punters?"

Well, if we were playing tennis and we loose, well ...we just loose.
With punting when we loose, we loose $$$ and for some, probably many of them. Not everyone has a dog to kick :-)

Cheers.
Old 6th September 2005, 01:08 PM

"Btw I only bet to win..i don't bet e/w or place"

Well we certainly have something in common there w934 and I think our logic is on firm ground [donning fireproof suit as this will be read by others].

I just cant live with the low p.o.t on e/w betting..it just aint worth it for me when backing longer priced horses because one seldom gets true value..i.e 1/4 the win price, or better. The profit margin on the place really knocks the win punting dollar around. Wityh short priced horses it may be a different scenario altogether...but that is not my area.

I know others will disagree, and that is fine by me. Ive looked at this long and hard and I cant make the numbers work for me...

When a horse is paying $7 or so for the place.. I can see the old maxim "pick em to win and back 'em for a place" coming to the fore, but I am not a place bettor.

With win betting you can get too many seconds..with e/w betting you get too many 4ths..lol As for Trifectas etc..it gets even worse for me..yet I know that others love Tri's...and they know how to make them work.
Old 6th September 2005, 01:38 PM
Suspended.

I agree with all that w934 so I won't quote you.

The place prices on odds-on [or close to it] is an area that a bit of dosh can be made, but for the effort involved ....forget it. I'm happy in the $3 to $7 SP win area [mostly]. I will take long-odds if I spot something I think has a good chance who has odds way over what I think they should be. In the end it's all about percentages and trying to get better odds than the house for most of our winners.
Old 6th September 2005, 05:50 PM

Crash today i looked at the ias site for opening prices, had two races today at warrick farm - r4 spy zaim and r6 sullivans creek . I accidently picked up one at tamworth today r6 laughing cavalier. Will be looking forward to the new thread saturday. thanks