Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th July 2011, 11:23 PM
Brosco

Default Statistics Rating Program

Hi all, I have just joined this forum after reading many previous threads and getting lots of ideas and hope to get more from future threads.

Over the past 18 months I have been developing a program that rates purely on statistics, and while its not a 'winner' at this point, its doing better than I normally achieve without it. The problem though is not so much with the program, but with the rating system just coming up with similar selections to most tipsters and other ratings systems. I have been getting reasonable results from backing my top selection for a place and using the winnings to fund betting on long shots that get selected from time to time.

I am currently doing a complete rewrite of my program based on my experience to date and when completed (probably in about 6 months) I will make the program available to all to build their own database.

To give an idea of the way the program builds the database:
1) RaceCard and past Form
CentreBet.com (Same source as SportsBet but available sooner)
2) Opening markets and form comments
**************.com
3) Results
RISA.com
4) Other
Possibly UniTab ratings.

The information at each of these sites will be downloaded automatically by the program.

The database will not be SQL because of many reasons that any programmer will give you. However, if there is interest, I may make an 'Export to SQL' function so people that want this can use it.

The reason I posting this is to see if anyone has other info that needs to be included in the Database. Please tell me now, because in 6 months time it will be a lot more hassle to add it in.

Best regards and good luck to all
Old 26th July 2011, 01:10 AM

It would be good if there was a pre-post market included similar to say racingandsports
Old 26th July 2011, 11:08 AM

escpecially prepost at 10minutes out, 5 mins out, 1 mins out etc.
Old 26th July 2011, 06:15 PM

Hi Max ,
That is a live market with live fluctuations your talking about , no pre-post.
e,g, newspaper prices.

It would take a lot of extra programming to do that.
Old 26th July 2011, 08:45 PM
Brosco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhagwan
It would be good if there was a pre-post market included similar to say racingandsports

Yes, that would be possible, in fact, just taking the info from the racingandsports website.

Thanks for the input.
Old 26th July 2011, 09:07 PM
Brosco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhagwan
Hi Max ,
That is a live market with live fluctuations your talking about , no pre-post.
e,g, newspaper prices.

It would take a lot of extra programming to do that.

You are right Bhagwan - additionally, there is the problem that if the program wasn't active at the time there would be 'holes' in the database for these figures.

I will keep it it mind tho, as it would be very handy for a quick reference to where to get the best price just before the 'off'.

Users would need to be aware that constantly refreshing several sites info every few minutes would have dramatic implications on any download limits imposed by their ISP.

A very good thought, but one that will be considered in a future version of the program.

Thanks for your thoughts Max
Old 27th July 2011, 10:30 AM

I did see a site a while back that showed the market price at various timed intervals prior to jump. Cant remember where it was but maybe a download from there after the fact would help find trends and then you could dowload just prior to the jump to apply those trends and make your selection?
Old 27th July 2011, 01:33 PM

Smile What about ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by max
I did see a site a while back that showed the market price at various timed intervals prior to jump. Cant remember where it was

I saw something like that on WA Tab.
Old 28th July 2011, 08:20 AM
Brosco

Default Fluctuations

I have searched the web and cannot find any site that records fluctuations with past results. Unless someone else can find one I will probably need to poll for this info live. This has problems (as I mentioned before) and I would probably restrict this to one site/bookmaker. One possibility would be to use live-odds at aussportsbetting as they show sportingbet, totes, fixed odds from online bookies, and betfair prices. When I get closer to programming this I will run some tests to see how much overhead this would create.

On another issue - how many people here know and use SQL? Would being able to export all (or a subset) of my database to SQL be any use to anyone?
Old 29th November 2011, 04:38 PM

Default Brosco

Hi Mate just need a little help..is there any easy way you could show me to import the horse s form to excel..and extract the info to my excel sheet to do all the cal.. auto..Thanks M60...