Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 31st October 2009, 12:31 PM
Banned

Hi Luv2 , agree with alot of those ,,

R4, Wanted has been going very well and this is easier ,,should be hard to beat and drawn the right side.
R5, Can't see them beating Rangi ,,the blinkers have just turned him into pharlap ,,racing to win go ok here so put him in exotics,,
R6, onemore just has to settle ,,shouldnt by right be anywhere near them of late but he keeps battling on regardless,,best jock around that can settle them over the distance.
R7, Typhoon just to quick ,,Neroli will give her a scare late ,,good quiny.
R8, Secret Flyer has been going well without any luck ,,goes well here ..
R9, Walking or Dancing had no right to nearly run down Mclintock last time and hes proven the form ,,

Brissie
R4, Daedalus was strong last start but he has a few here that will take him on ,,this will set it up for Sir Kingsford ,,he'll love the pace and then swamp them late ,,,best of the day ,.
R6. Ghetto Blaster classy ,,but will need a better price ..
R8, ZsaZsa ,,heard good things ,,,

good luck all
Old 31st October 2009, 07:29 PM
Banned

awful day ,,,had a stack on Sir Kingsford and wasnt happy with the ride nor the ride on Walking or Dancing ,hasnt CW really lost confidence ,,
typhoon tracey was a nice result but not enough ,,

Like Luv2 i'm keen on Alcopop in the big one ,,just love the way he can switch right off and then sprint through the gaps like he does ,,the big field won't worry a horse like him ,,,
still work to do as i need a few winners to keep the account afloat and also stay in the hunt for the NPL ,,geez i'm having a shocker in that comp ,,playing ugly but still alive..

hope you all faired better than me ,,although that wouldnt have been hard
Old 2nd November 2009, 04:59 PM

Default Alcopop all day

Hi Guy's

Hope you are all doing well, didn't like the Derby Day so stayed away from all of the races in Melbourne. I did have a blackbooker running @ Towoomba though so i actually made the trek out there for the first time (from Gold Coast) to get the bookies odds. If i had realised there would be only two bookies who were as weak as water i probably would've saved the drive.

Nevertheless the horse i liked was Camphor after a huge run the start before when bursting through on the inside! Couldn't believe that one of the bookies put up $3 straight away (looked an odds on pop for mine) so i stepped in and knocked it off straight away, it duely saluted by 5.25 lengths It was a wonderful feeling, knowing your form was spot on and you've jagged super odds.

Anyway back to the Melbourne Cup, i usually steer clear of this race as it is incredibly difficult to find the winner, however i do really think Alcopop is the one to beat here, beautiful horse with a beautiful weight, and has what is required to win the big one which is a turn of foot, his times were outstanding in the Herbert Power. Just hoping Dom doesn't go too early as i think if he's within 3 lengths at the 200m it's all over.

Viewed for me is unders, he got the right run in the Caulfield Cup, but that wasn't an over strong rendition. Ussually horses who get home nicely in the MacKinnon are terribly hard to beat, but most of the time they'll be dropping considerably in weight (think Rogan Josh), Veiwed gets no weight relief here.

Anyway good luck all, think the bet of the day is probably Bart's second stringer in Think Money, good last start at the Valley, she has been prepped for the cup and ran second in the AJC Oaks so the distance will be ideal, still a maiden but perfectly drawn and she really does meet a bunch of no hopers here. Worried about the price though especially with the Bart factor!

Cheers Ed.

Last edited by Mr ed : 2nd November 2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 2nd November 2009, 06:45 PM

agree totally ed, alcopop has the turn of foot which is the key...
Im all over it like a spider monkey. Ive just returned from my local (which happens to be the trainers too) and the place is a buzz with the channel 7 crew on standby for coverage after the pop goes 'bang'
Although a little biased, i have looked over and over to find something to beat it but i cant!!

wouldnt be the first time im wrong, but it could be 5 lengths to 2nd!

good luck
Old 3rd November 2009, 08:39 AM
Suspended.

Changing of the Guard is out after official vet inspection this morning [slightly lame]. According to a witness, Hayes was spitting chips and had a big argument with the vet, waving his arms around and insisting the horse was fine to run! Talk about drama.

They really have to do something about having a couple of emergencies for the cup because a horse is missing out here as only 23 will run now.

Not keen on VIEWED's short odds due to the 5kg weight rise from last years cup which gives Master O'rielly a big weight advantage from last year's 2nd. Considering the amount of poor horses in the cup, Viewed might still win with the weight, but is way unders all things considered. I think one of Bart's other horses, ROMAN EMPEROR has a better show if he can genuinely stay the distance and might be Bart's real hope that he's being fairly quiet about!

Not keen on ALCOPOP's short odds either! Certainly has the turn of foot but has never been past 2400m and it's been 24 days since his last start [hardly an ideal cup prep.]. Apart from the G2 Herbert Power win last start, he was a C3 horse 4 starts ago and has only had 10 starts. Next year after a bit more experience might be his go.

I'll go for a bit on LIKE A DING and MASTER O'REILLY to win and throw in Viewed, Alcopops, Newport, Roman Emperor and Shocking for a couple of exotics. Last time I won on this race was with Rain Lover [got the tri. too], but I've been hopeless tipping the cup since then, so be wary of my selections!

Hope everyone has a cracker of a day !!!
Old 3rd November 2009, 09:51 AM
Banned

I'm not that excited about the cup this year as usually have a couple of doubles still alive ,,not this year ,,

Viewed and Alcopop the go here ,,,hopefully Dom gets the horse into some clear running around the bend as alot of these donkeys will be going backwards ,,Master O the best roughie ,,hes been running on but he always does that ,,i liked his run last year and hes more dour this year as hes been set for this race only ,,i just dont think he needs to be so far back ,,midfield would be ideal ..
Viewed is real dour now ,,hasnt the fresh feel he had last year but he'll grind away ...SHocking needs the fence and maybe the jock will throw the dice and look for the miracle run ..,,hard race but i'll be having a big tri as usual ,,throw in the roughies like Crime Scene , Master O and Fuimicino ,,

The undercard looks ok ,,Sounds of Nature a real good chance ,So Anyway , Bosuse , Lamarr , thought old Sentire could run a cheeky race , and the Ortensia / Dane Julia / Alverta tri looks good..

Gotta run ,, good luck guys
Old 3rd November 2009, 03:41 PM
Suspended.

Thumbs up

Good to see Corey Brown finaly win one!
Old 4th November 2009, 11:01 PM
Banned

had to go to Sydney on Cup day to find a winner ,,but still lost on the day ,,
went nice and wide in MC and got some of that trifecta ,,would have been nice if Crime Scene would have won ...,,thought Alcopop was brave and will be more seasoned next year ..
poor old Master O ,,he wont get any closer ,,but 4th prizemoney is still pretty darn good ..
How awefull was Warringah ,,led them at a snails pace and still finished last lol...

Anyway tomorrow another day
Mr5 Boogaloo e/w ...going very well and looks a good chance here
Nr6 Lyncean Academy e/w...flew home last start so i have to be on ,,my old fave Youthfull Jack for the exacta..
Nr7 Spinney e/w...never wins for me but rates high here...should be value and suited with the likely good run in transit..

Res
nr8 Thunderbirdsarego...nearing a win and this is his chance ..

Feature
Valdemoro e/w...didint mind her last run ...hard to beat the fave but just way to short to back...

Good Luck All

ps..well done Mr Ed ,,been awhile since i've been out to toowoomba ,,especially now they've got "that track" there ,,but getting one back against the bookies is always good especially as most have there races at 200% ,,same as the Gold Coast ,,there all ****** ..
Old 5th November 2009, 10:52 AM

You have blackbook horses racing on November 05:
LYNCEAN ACADEMY
HAWKESBURY Race 6 No 4 at 16:03
YALUMBA WINES CUP. GLR. 53.0. (1300m)
Your comment: cut around a ton of horses and came flying at 52/1 for ohara/gh walters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROYAL ESPRIT
HAWKESBURY Race 6 No 7 at 16:03
Your comment: was waiting for room,got through to late,flew by winners after crossing finish.

sucks that i get these emailed to me from my blackbook but they are entered into the same race.
Old 5th November 2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharfromoz
You have blackbook horses racing on November 05:
LYNCEAN ACADEMY
HAWKESBURY Race 6 No 4 at 16:03
Your comment: cut around a ton of horses and came flying at 52/1 for ohara/gh walters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROYAL ESPRIT
HAWKESBURY Race 6 No 7 at 16:03
Your comment: was waiting for room,got through to late,flew by winners after crossing finish.

sucks that i get these emailed to me from my blackbook but they are entered into the same race.
why dont they come out slower next time? they worked against each other the whole race. royal esprit ran most of the stretch on his wrong lead.