Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th March 2002, 10:25 PM
Administrator

I'm on holidays at the Gold Coast enjoying a wonderful break, but I found some time to have a look at the form for tomorrow and to get to a computer. So here we go:

Randwick is a wonderful meeting. But it's very tough.

These horses could offer some value:

race 5 Prince Of War
race 6 Polygram

In the Doncaster Handicap I think Gordo and Hey Pronto could run big races.
I'm prepared to bag Sunline. I don't think the mare is any value at the $4.00 quoted in the Sportsman.

Have a safe Easter.
Good luck, Lucky Lil.
Old 31st March 2002, 09:02 PM

Dear Lil
I have been watching your selections for some months now since it was advertised that the legendary Lil who in the past picked big priced long shots, now workimg for Pro Pun was posting tips once again. Now I don't mean to be rude but your tips have been anything but legendary and not a touch on the success of Mr Ed and the Freidman family. So I'm curious why you don't have a few winners, you mostly seem to pick losers and your lays quite often win? Personally I had money on Sunline and at $3+ I considered it good value for a 10 Million dollar horse!
Old 1st April 2002, 01:10 AM

Dear Fatboy,
I have checked Lucky Lil's lays of the day.
They are accurate. Backing them all will show a massive loss on turnover.
As for Lucky Lil's roughies - they are precisely that. With only a few selections a week there can be runs of outs for many months. That's the nature of tipping horses at 20/1.
Mr. Logic
Old 1st April 2002, 11:04 AM

Fatboy,
The Freedmans gave 24 tips on Saturday.
I don't think one of them won. Nothing wrong with that because they are bolters.
It's the same as giving two tips a Saturday and not getting a winner in three months.
If Lucky Lil gave 20 or 30 roughies a day I bet she would pick more winners.
The Catparrot.
Old 3rd April 2002, 10:26 PM

Catparrot
I agree it's a big ask, it's just that when someone is promoted like Pro Pun did way back then "Hear Ye Hear Ye, the Legendary Lucky Lil's longshot's are back (for a limited time, I think it said?)" It's fair to say certain expectations were set up in the minds of visiting punters, it worked for me! OK it's free and should be taken lightly but what about the poor ************s who may be putting their hard earned down? I wonder what do the 100+ visitors do, back them all, take a peek for curiosity, match them to their own ideas or add those selection to their dartboard?
Old 3rd April 2002, 10:47 PM

Treat them as fun.You should never put much on roughies and noone has a crystal ball when it comes to tipping roughies.
Then again Lucky Lil could tip 40 losers in a row, get a 30/1 winner, tip another five losers in a row, get a 10/1 winner and actually be in front. That's what happens with roughies.
There could be 60 losers in a row followed by a few big winners in the next 10 or so bets and a profit would be shown.

By the way, if you have a look at the runs, Polygram was badly held up and ran on well. Would have been right in the finish at huge odds with a clear run in the straight. Hey Pronto also ran a good race.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Logic on 2002-04-03 22:49 ]