Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Sports and Gambling
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 17th May 2005, 09:24 AM
Banned

Default J.D's FA Cup, Champs League and UEFA Cup Finals Tips

Henry out of cup final

Monday May 16 2005

Thierry Henry has been ruled out of Arsenal's plans for Saturday's FA Cup final against Manchester United.

The France striker was left out of the Gunners side for Sunday's match at Birmingham, and Arsenal have confirmed that he will not be involved at the Millennium Stadium.

Henry, who scored 30 goals this season, returned to action after a groin injury in last Wednesday's 7-0 win over Everton but suffered a recurrence of an old Achilles injury in the game.

That has been diagnosed as sufficiently serious for manager Arsene Wenger to declare him unfit for the match which for both United and Arsenal represents a last chance to finish the season with silverware.

The news leaves boss Wenger in a position with which he has learned to live, having been without Henry for a month until his return as a substitute for the Everton game.

Henry had been missing since the win at Middlesbrough on April 9, and in his absence Arsenal finished the season well - aside from the 2-1 loss at Birmingham.

Robin van Persie, Jose Antonio Reyes, Dennis Bergkamp and Robert Pires have ensured a flurry of goals.

But the loss of Henry will nevertheless come as a blow, with Arsenal looking to end their recent dismal run in games against United.

The Gunners have lost their last four games against United with Sir Alex Ferguson's side wrecking not only their double hopes last season, but also their long unbeaten run in the Premiership.

United beat Arsenal in last season's FA Cup final before ending their 49-game undefeated record in the league last October. Arsenal then bowed out of the Carling Cup at Old Trafford before suffering a 4-2 reverse at Highbury in the Premiership.

My Tip is: Manchester United (now known as) MAN U.S.A. 2-1 $11.00

Man U $2.95
Draw $3.35
Arsenal $2.15

Other football finals this month are:

Champions League Final. May 26th.

AC Milan Vs Liverpool

I think Liverpool's form of late has been good and I rate them a big chance of upsetting the favourites AC Milan.

The game is played at a neutral venue in Istanbul, Turkey.

AC Milan $2.00
Draw $3.25
Liverpool $3.40

My tip is: Liverpool in an upset.

The other big game this month is this weekend's UEFA Cup Final between Sporting Lisbon and CSKA Moscow.

Sporting Lisbon $1.85
Draw $3.35
CSKA Moscow $3.80

My tip: Sporting Lisbon will be too strong for CSKA Moscow.