Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 17th April 2013, 06:57 PM
Banned

Cool Best Race Tracks for Laying or Backing

Has anyone researched whether certain race tracks suit say front runners, while other courses produce tight finishes more often? If so do you think speed maps of races held on a particular course reflect this bias?
Always looking for that couple of per cent edge!!!
Cheers RP
Old 17th April 2013, 07:11 PM

I haven't done that sort of research but I can say from experience that outsiders get up more often and semi-consistently on the South African tracks.

Apart from those tracks I find most other tracks (all around the world as covered by betfair) are similar in the distribution of winners through the odds ranges.
Old 17th April 2013, 09:24 PM

UK race courses have their little book with the bias on every track with every barrier and distance. I know that this is available here as well but seldom utilized. A UK trainer will pull his horse if he gets a particular barrier in a race because he knows it is a race to nowhere.
Old 17th April 2013, 09:47 PM

If you check the course stats on R&S you will see a summary of where every winner was on the turn at every distance at that course. I've been using it ever since I started betting in running.
Old 17th April 2013, 09:53 PM

Talking

Best tracks for laying......those that race on days with an 'a' in them.
Old 18th April 2013, 09:46 AM

SpeedyBen,

I've started looking at using those figures myself, do you or anyone else for that matter have these figures in excel already or know a fast and easy way to get them there without manually entering them?

In particular i'm looking at using the conditions tabs to seperate the results out as well. (i.e. Good/Dead and Slow/Heavy) for each distance at each track. Tedious task if I have to do it manually but I will end up doing it that way if no other option becomes available.

I'm looking at taking a very structured and systematic approach to coming up with some ratings and this is one of the elements i'll be including. Also been reading a lot about speed and pace on US websites which i know doesn't directly correlate to aus racing but its very insightful and intersting. There really is some great stuff out there if you look hard enough.
Old 18th April 2013, 01:48 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
SpeedyBen,

I've started looking at using those figures myself, do you or anyone else for that matter have these figures in excel already or know a fast and easy way to get them there without manually entering them?

In particular i'm looking at using the conditions tabs to seperate the results out as well. (i.e. Good/Dead and Slow/Heavy) for each distance at each track. Tedious task if I have to do it manually but I will end up doing it that way if no other option becomes available.

There really is some great stuff out there if you look hard enough.
I forgot to mention the breakdown by track cond as well. It sometimes confuses more than helps as GDH may be good for leaders and Slow poor, but usually it is consistent.
The good news for you Eva is that I do have the info right up to date in xls in the format you desire.
If you email me at speedyben at mail dot nu I'll send it to you. I don't plan to publish it here as it gives me a huge edge and a lot of work goes into keeping it up to date.
Old 18th April 2013, 03:42 PM

SpeedyBen you are a lifesaver and I understand completely regarding the advantage. I'll email you tonight along with some other queries.

Any findings I have along with any success i'll ensure I share with you. The project i'm undertaking at the moment will be a long one but hopefully its well worth it. I've been reading newsletters, articles and forums day/night over the last week looking at some of this stuff.

Anyhow again many thanks.
Old 18th April 2013, 04:49 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
SpeedyBen you are a lifesaver and I understand completely regarding the advantage. I'll email you tonight along with some other queries.

Any findings I have along with any success i'll ensure I share with you. The project i'm undertaking at the moment will be a long one but hopefully its well worth it. I've been reading newsletters, articles and forums day/night over the last week looking at some of this stuff.

Anyhow again many thanks.
Flattery will get you everywhere, Eva.
Seriously tho, I know you put in a huge effort with your research, so pleased to help out in this case.
Forget that email address - it's an error. It should be speedyben at bigpond dot com
Old 19th April 2013, 07:22 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyBen
If you check the course stats on R&S you will see a summary of where every winner was on the turn at every distance at that course. I've been using it ever since I started betting in running.
Speedy, that's a gem!! I've never realised these sort of stats existed on a individual course basis. Based on a first glance, why wouldn't you Back a ride K Mallyon's on 54% POT and Lay a ride D Weir trains -48.9% POT at Kyneton?
Thanks mate, RP