Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 30th October 2010, 10:55 PM

Have you worked out where you are wrong yet?

It's there for all to see.
Old 30th October 2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomaca
you'll have a long wait matey!

Being a betting man I'd say never!
Very poor form lomaca.

We all make mistakes, but most of us are man enough to apologise after throwing out insults for no reason.

Perhaps next time you will slow down and check everything before flying off. It will save you a lot of embarrassment.

Last edited by lighthuman2010 : 30th October 2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 30th October 2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthuman2010
Post deleted. If you think a user is an idiot or their post is not worth reading that's your business. Don't post about it in the forums. Public ridicule is not permitted. Add the poster to your ignore list if you feel strongly about it. Click User CP link at top left then scroll down to Buddy/Ignore Lists link. No more warnings about this. If you feel the user has violated the Terms of Use, report it via the TOU violation function. Thanks.

Moderator,

I am new to this forum so please bear with me. If the first line was against the rules, why can not just that line be deleted and the rest of the post allowed to stay?

Thank you for your help.
Old 30th October 2010, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhagwan
Profit on the punt is acheivable every day if one is prepared to stop at say 1.5% a day.

Bhagwan,

It seems my first post in response to this quote was deleted because it was deemed offensive. So therefore I apologise to you for any hurt caused.

However, I must disagree strongly with your post.

If the only way you can make a profit is by stopping at a target during the day, it means your method has no long-term edge and you will eventually lose long-term.

If you do have a long-term edge and you are stopping for safety reasons, it means you are missing out on vital profit which will eventually see you lose long-term.
Old 30th October 2010, 11:50 PM

I don't think Kenchar comes here anymore but he would not agree with that idea and is a long term winner, just because one idea does not work for you then don't dismiss that idea altogether.

There are many ways to win at this game and new bet types all the time, things that were done and said in the past may not hold as true as you think in todays times.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 31st October 2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
I don't think Kenchar comes here anymore but he would not agree with that idea and is a long term winner,

I hope it is not the case for his sake, but perhaps he no longer comes here because the maths have caught up with him and he is no longer a winner.

The fact is, if the only way you can profit is by stopping at a certain target, it means your method has no edge.

On the other hand, he may have a very profitable edge and is severely cutting his profits by stopping, which will threaten his long-term edge.

Either way, it is not a good position to be in and certainly not a method to be used.
Old 31st October 2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Chrome Prince,

Betting 2% of your bank is allowing for a maximum drawdown of only 50 units.

If you are going to turnover that $10k bank 10 times in a week as you say, that is 500 bets.

Now, 500 bets in a week is a high turnover method in anyones language. If you think 50 units drawdown is conservative on a high turnover method like that, you are dreaming.

So again, I would strongly encourage newcomers to ignore your post as you would need a huge amount of luck to not go bankrupt.

Feel free to disagree, as you are assuming quite a bit about what I do.

I could be having 500 place bets on short horses, I could be betting longshots only, I could be backing half the field.
In all but one of those scenarios, I wouldn't come close to 50 units drawdown at any stage.
*RaceCensus now updated to 30/04/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 31st October 2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:

The fact is, if the only way you can profit is by stopping at a certain target, it means your method has no edge.

On the other hand, he may have a very profitable edge and is severely cutting his profits by stopping, which will threaten his long-term edge.

Either way, it is not a good position to be in and certainly not a method to be used.

As previously stated, these things are not black and white.
His edge revolves around fluctuations on maiden horses, therefore it makes no sense to bet on the later races.
I know quite a few punters who lack discipline and the only way they can win is to stop at a winner, or they give it all back.
Maths doesn't incorporate the above factors into the equation.
*RaceCensus now updated to 30/04/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 31st October 2010, 07:28 AM

Guys you can all argue amongst yourselves all you want but there is 1 thing you can't argue with and that is the sze of the funds in your betting accounts. If they are going up then continue what your doing.. if they are going down then eventually you will go broke. If they going up then who cares what others say.. if they are going down then maybe you should listen to them.
Old 31st October 2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Moderator,

I am new to this forum so please bear with me. If the first line was against the rules, why can not just that line be deleted and the rest of the post allowed to stay?

Thank you for your help.

When a post is publicly moderated it is deleted in full with a moderation note. This is common practice on many forums. No more discussion about this. Thanks.