Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 12th August 2013, 03:39 PM

Default Identifying System Backs/Lays

Hi All,

As I take a more efficient approach to my betting and refine my process I was wondering if anyone has a spreadsheet/program/website that can be used to identify system backs/lays.

For example say you have the following system (which I have no idea is profitable or not):

Last Run within 7-21 days
Finished within 3 lengths last run
Is running on a Good track
6-14 Starters
In top 3 for Place % Rank
Odds $3-$10

Now besides the Odds part, all of those variables can be determined pre-race. I'm wondering how people identify their selections for their systems each day in the most efficient manner? Obviously going through the form guide race by race is the slowest method and I'm curious what tools are out there that make this process as efficient as possible.

I will be able to adapt my spreadsheet to identify the selections for various systems each day and it will cover probably 90% of the variables, however it still needs to be done on a race by race basis and will take most of my lunch break. I'm just wondering if there is a website/program that allows you to save all your systems, hit a button, and viola you have a list of your selections for each system that you can place on a bot with any odds parameters.

Hope that makes sense, look forward to the replies.

Cheers
Old 12th August 2013, 05:53 PM
Banned

If I take your meaning correctly evajb001, what I do is each day is download form for each meeting I am covering to an individual spreadsheet for each race.

Each spreadsheet is then linked to BF using gruss betting assistant & tab odds from tatts are imported at intervals prior to race time.

Based on formulas I have created for the systems i follow, betting assistant then places bets on a race by race basis a minute or so prior to race time - I am usually around to oversee it all as there are other manual methods i follow, but it can be left to it's own devices.

I would think that a program like betting assistant is as flexible as you can get to automating the whole process, just requires a little excel & vba knowledge.
Old 12th August 2013, 08:49 PM

Thanks for the reply stugots thats close to what I was getting at.

I've got BetBotPro which I can use to place the bets easy enough when i'm not home. It's just the identifying the selections part that I'd like to get as efficient as possible.

It sounds like importing form into excel and using excel to calculate the selections is the best method, so far anyway. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has a different method?
Old 12th August 2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
For example say you have the following system (which I have no idea is profitable or not):

6-14 Starters
Odds $3-$10

Now besides the Odds part, all of those variables can be determined pre-race. I'm wondering how people identify their selections for their systems each day in the most efficient manner?

Hi EJ

Your trading profession & graphing skills will eventually get you in front of this game and I wish you well. Just try reversing the order you are going about your system creation. Get your selections first and secondly add filters like the ones you've listed above to learn where they become profitable.

Knowing what your possible selections are makes it very quick to find those that ultimately become the betting propositions for the day. This is just a few minutes work in the morning. The lengthy work is all the other stuff that keeps you confident in pulling the trigger.

Good luck with it.
Old 13th August 2013, 06:39 PM

evajb001,

I use Bet Selector software for systems which lets me set up a system, run a live update to get scratchings and then do a system test to give selections. You can export the selections to CSV or a text file for later use. Not sure if that is what you are looking for but it works well for me.

stugots,

I have a macro to get TATTS prices that I would like to automate to get at certain intervals and then stop at a set time after the scheduled race time. Would you be able to help me out in setting up the automation? I am just starting to learn macros so my experience is very limited.
Old 14th August 2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evajb001
Hi All,

As I take a more efficient approach to my betting and refine my process I was wondering if anyone has a spreadsheet/program/website that can be used to identify system backs/lays.

6-14 Starters
Odds $3-$10

Now besides the Odds part, all of those variables can be determined pre-race. I'm wondering how people identify their selections for their systems each day in the most efficient manner? Obviously going through the form guide race by race is the slowest method and I'm curious what tools are out there that make this process as efficient as possible.

I will be able to adapt my spreadsheet to identify the selections for various systems each day and it will cover probably 90% of the variables, however it still needs to be done on a race by race basis and will take most of my lunch break. I'm just wondering if there is a website/program that allows you to save all your systems, hit a button, and viola you have a list of your selections for each system that you can place on a bot with any odds parameters.

Hope that makes sense, look forward to the replies.

Cheers

Hi evajb001

Our software program meets your objectives. For more information go to the post http://www.propun.com.au/racing_for...35&postcount=11

For other information visit our forum http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=63

Paul Daily - Ratings2Win Pty Ltd (Director)
R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/