Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 13th July 2004, 03:52 PM
Banned

Has anyone kept a " blackbook " on these horses?
I would be most interested in the results.
Cheers.
darky.
Old 22nd July 2004, 04:53 PM

Well that drew a massive reponse Darkydog2002. When you've got around to analysing all the information at your disposal maybe you could share the outcome with the rest of the forum.

Old 22nd July 2004, 06:27 PM
Banned

these unlucky horses "so to speak" are usually the ones smart punters keep quiet about..:smile:

i'll give you Unnabated who raced Wed ..this horse struck interference all the way down the straight and never got a clear run..was also a bit fired up at the barriers,,
still came a close up 4th..
lets keep an eye on this one .:smile:
Old 23rd July 2004, 10:51 AM
Banned

Yeah.Overwhelming response wasn,t it.
I would have thought that most readers of the forum would be smart enough to subscribe to the newsletter as well since its free and good information in it.
But saying that however I havent heard very much over the past few years of people marking down good horses to follow or to soundly handicap next time out.
It would also appear that no one follows these horses that neale pinpoints so theres certainly an opening there for a smart player.
Cheers.
Darky.
Old 26th July 2004, 04:49 PM

darkydog2002, Why does it have to be "unlucky horses"?

I reckon the next start the unlucky horse has, it would be at shorter odds than is warranted, 'cause everyone is onto it. Don't get me wrong, luv the thought, am grateful for your posts, just thinking (well trying to) out lud.

I would love find some method of picking a horse and following it for say five runs, and forgetting about form analysis.

Consider the following:

A 3yo or 4yo with about 10 runs under it's belt that has run a couple of good races in town in it's previous preparation. One crappy first up run will have it at very succulent odds next start up should it run again in town. If it was "in the market" first up and has won or run a good race at todays distance then consider putting it in your stable. 1) It's exposed form (first up ..... hasn't come up!???) assures a decent price. It would be one of the first horses dismissed because most punters go on current exposed form. 2) If the trainer has decided to put it in town on a Saturday, it has previously shown promise, is lightly raced then ........ for ONE ********** run this time in, you may be getting way over the odds about a horse that has a legimitate excuse for the first up failure.

Another method to try and pick a nag that may win a race or two at odds. Similar scenario to above except you are backing a horse 3rd up that has run a good race first up, but a poor race second up. If the second up run was over more distance than the first run, and if the second up run the horse raced close to the lead but faded ...... then I believe it is getting to the stage when it is cherry ripe. Providing the distance of todays race is suitable. Once again, you will be getting odds for a crappy run 2nd up (early in it's campaign).

Just a few mindless thoughts.
Old 27th July 2004, 10:07 AM
Banned

Thanks BUTTERNUT.Theres food for thought in what you say for all of us.
Cheers.
darky.