Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 29th April 2005, 06:18 AM

Default Top 4 TAB Nos. Plan

Heres an approach for the lazy punter who likes to have a lash without too much brain power .
Forget about chasing the shortest paying Mule like so many TAB goers do & walking away with nothing.
What we are about here ,is chasing value but at the same time coverering some of the risk involved.
This does produce some nice suprises on it`s day & strikes plenty of winners so bordom does`nt set in because there are 4 Mules running for you.

RULES
Target the top 4 TAB Nos. & replace any that are scratched with the next one down.
(Stats show that these get up approx. 50% of the time depending on field sizes)
Target Field sizes 13 & less.
Bracket 1&2 then 3&4
Place 1 unit on the mule with the lower price & 2 units on the other one with larger price.
Do the same with your 2nd bracketed selections.
Outlay will be $6.00 a race .
Bank should be 50/1 e.g $300 allows for 50 outs @ $6.00 a race
Target races where at least one of the 4 is paying $7.00+ at jump time time.Otherwise no bet that race.

E.g.
$1.00 on No.1 say its price is $4.00
$2.00 on No.2 --------------$7.00
then
$1.00 on No.3 -------------$13.00
$2.00 on No.4 -------------$40.00

Please be aware that there will be days where the top 4 fall over all day , but this is rare.
If the short arses get up all day you havent lost as much as you may of thought you were going to loose at the beginning of the day, but if any of the others get up , it could & does , pay anything & some at Bull S..t prices that makes one go running to the form guide comming away saying ,
"there`s no way I would have picked that Donkey on form in a million years."
You will be laughing like a Hyena if some get up our way.

Check out some past results & see for yourself.

Cheers.
Old 29th April 2005, 07:12 AM

A modification to the No.1-4 could be changed to 2-5 or even 3-6
because the No.1 & sometimes No.2 tend to be over bet sometimes to their true chance of winning & we might be missing some better chances further down the list .
Admittedly there was a No.1 100/1 shot that got up the other week.

Cheers.
Old 29th April 2005, 12:03 PM

Default talk about lazy !

Hi bhagwan,
youve done it again.

ive used something similar when i havent the time to read and found like you say sometimes the pays are massive. I normally just take 1,2,3,4 at 1 unit and double every second consecutive loss. ill have a look at this though.

Ive finally got my unitab account up and you were right, its a GREAT site.

looking back through the results show some interesting arguments for your case !

When you say big pays, the last few days i have managed (using two totes) to squeeeeze out winners like 44, 30.8, 56, lots of 16-18s.

I do this by running unitab and nsw at the same time, looking and taking say 16s from unitab when nsw are paying 11, then take 7 from nsw if unitab is 5s, works a treat.

Might work with your system and make it even better.

cant complain when your bank doubles every week can we.

Thanks for the info on unitab.

Cheers
Dingo
Old 29th April 2005, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingoboy

I do this by running unitab and nsw at the same time, looking and taking say 16s from unitab when nsw are paying 11, then take 7 from nsw if unitab is 5s, works a treat.

Well done Dingoboy, but I still don't understand why you don't use a "best tote" facility, and thereby save yourself the bother?

Monkeyinjapan
Old 30th April 2005, 07:34 AM

Hi Dingodoy,
Well done .
A good example how important shopping for value can be.

If one feels more comfortable useing the 2 TABs at once , one may as well stay with it.

Just out of interest ,do you apply any filters?, e.g. field size.
Old 30th April 2005, 10:10 AM

Hi all,

Monkeyinjapan,
I dont know what a "best tote" thingy is, thats probabally why i dont use one. I just got sick of seeing something that was 3 units in NSW and 7 in QLD, i feel comfortable with using the two totes, i have fox down stairs in the games room, next to the internet so all i have to do is whatch the two (dont have STAB yet) and see who is paying the best, pretty simple for someone starting off .

Hi Bhagwan.

Good to hear from you.

Normall day to day bets i still use the same filters as always (dont have flash programme nor read much form) just basically three or four RUNNERS, same amount on all, drop short priced favourite if under 4s, but they must have some sort of last four runs, i dont dissregard if they finished say sixth, i look for value and strike rate is normally arround 55-60 % so its not too bad.

One thing i do now, if a race provides no winners, instead of doubling next stake (and this is where ive come undone before) i look at the bank requirements (10% per day of ORIGINAL BANK, NOT CURRENT BANK) and look at what the odds the next race MAY pay, ie 10s or 15s, i can adjust my figure to say add 30 -50 % to last bet, this has been protecting my banks for the last month and seems to be working OK, no need to be greedy, if one runner blows out to 20s well luck is a good thing.
Another good thing that i incorporate is your idea of wathching when a fav gets up on a track, when that happens thats when i drop the fav on the next race, this is where two totes help me because i can "roughly" see which is the fav, hope you understand what i mean.

I have another little thing going at the moment but if i tell im sure people will laugh and tell me that it will be doomed to failure, and murphy says it will happen dingo !, i might wait another month and see if it still works, if it does ill post it under "dingoslazysystem", thats why i was interested in your "lazy punter idea"

I will keep you posted on it, it may keep working as it did yesterday afternoon, another got up at 22 units and pushed the bank well over my expectations, its only trial so no big six figure wins yet !

Cheers
Dingo
Old 30th April 2005, 10:19 AM
Banned

Smile DINGOBOY.

Gees.
Its good to see people thinking outside the square.
Cheers.
darky.
Old 30th April 2005, 10:42 AM

Hi Darky,

I can assure you its from five main things, this is true.
1 Constantly doing ones ******** previously and thinking, what !
2 watching the "punter" armed with 500 in the local, youve seen him, 20 on the nose, DOW, 20 on the next nose, DOW, etc, go home drunk and down 500 !
3 Reading (and trying my best to input) this forum
4 Thinking how it can be done safer, ie my variable percentage next bet after loss
5 Telling the people in rule 2 better ways of doing it and that makes you more, whats the word, liable, nah, interested and chalenged to turn a profit, be it ever so small. To help is such a wonderfull thing, truely, to see these fellas sometimes now when you walk in, they give you the old wink !

Cheers and take care
Dingo
Old 30th April 2005, 12:01 PM
Banned

Smile HERE,S A THOUGHT.

Why not bracket up the top 4 PROPUN FREE RATINGS horses (in brackets of 2 ) .Bet more on the highest priced horse in each bracket.
My reasoning being is that the top 4 proun horses would be rated up to TODAYS race and consequently should yield a higher strike rate and / or better priced.
Cheers.
darky.
Old 30th April 2005, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingoboy
Hi all,

Monkeyinjapan,
I dont know what a "best tote" thingy is, thats probabally why i dont use one. I just got sick of seeing something that was 3 units in NSW and 7 in QLD, i feel comfortable with using the two totes, i have fox down stairs in the games room, next to the internet so all i have to do is whatch the two (dont have STAB yet) and see who is paying the best, pretty simple for someone starting off .

Hi Dingoboy,

"Best tote" refers to a website that gives you the guaranteed best of the three totes. eg sportingbet (metro win) sportsbet (metro place) and centreracing (metro and country win).

Monkeyinjapan