Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 23rd October 2007, 07:12 PM
Banned

El Segundo really slingshots the turn here and the short straight helps him,,he also doesnt need the speed on to show this dash either,, ..i really like him and at the 8s i'm very confident..

Zipping you would think would have to do a DIva and go the carpark route ,,but he'll get on the back of something and does like the track,,he's runs of late look better than efficients..i'm already on at the 21's but i'm having alittle extra on the 34's that you can get now..

Miss Finland,,she'll have to take advantage of the draw,,i kind of like her against the rail here as Williams has had trouble keeping her straight,,,,without doing to much work she might show that dash of old,,personally i think shes been trained to get the ground this prep and of course has lost that sprint..Shes got to much class not to atleast get a place here but will need alot of luck..

Devil Moon,,,cant argue the form,,wouldnt be getting to excited about her last run but she is the likely leader and could get a few cheap sectionals..

Haradasun...now i think hes the biggest danger to El...he'll be forward and might get the best of run of anything,,,,,best chance is if he can get the one/one and stay on the rails and not go around a horse..hes been set for this race as is El and its these types that usually win the hardest race on the Calendar..i'm not usually a saver kind of guy but ias has him at 6's so it makes sense to back him..

Efficient now with the blinkers is interesting,,i really think he needs the miracle gaps to appear but you know Loyd really wants this badly and is using his only ace here with the gear change,,,personally i think he needs more of straight to catch these but should run into the money..

These my top 6....
Old 23rd October 2007, 07:18 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6It079ecPU

great clip, has just about all the Cox Plates in the 70s and 80s... some absolute classics in there....surround, kingston town, dulcify, bonecrusher, red anchor etc.

magik! thanks chuck!
Old 23rd October 2007, 07:39 PM

Mav I agree Efficients last run was ordinary but there were excuses and that track was disgusting that day, His run before was a ball tearer behind El Segundo and Haradasun over a mile which doesn't suit him at all he has won at 2040m (Albeit against 3yo) likes the valley as I feel he likes the cut out of the ground a bit.

My top few right now are

Efficient
Devil Moon (I do query her a bit at the distance got all favors last start)
El Segundo
Lad of the Manor (he might be my little E/W saver this weekend in the race)
Miss Finland (I think she might get cluttered up LOTM when Makybe won)
Marasco (I think he is better than Haradasun personally I could be wrong have been before)
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:12 PM

Default niconero

what do you guys think of niconeros chances, it was a great run behind DM and if he can get a nice position and can pounce on the turn i think he is a chance, he has won at group one level at 1800m and at 8.55 the place I think he is a value runner
Old 24th October 2007, 08:03 AM
Suspended.

Efficient [blinkers] w

Haradasun
El Segundo [needs blinkers]
Divine Madonna
Niconero [running well and the smokey]
Miss Finland

This is a hard one. I'll be going for value after the draw and I think Efficient [b5] is good value who's run in the Turnbull should be ignored. He had a hit-out with blinkers first time against stablemate Zipping last Sat. at the Valley and apparently even impressed old Bart.

Haradasun has drawn well in b4 and this is the race he has been set for and is a good wining chance. Should take up a forward slot close to the obvious and only leader Devil Moon [suss at the distance]. I'll throw Haradasun into my multiples though as I think he will be too short for a win bet for me.

Miss Finland with b1 certainly doesn't deserve to start fav. She is really going to cop it from there and will be ridden for luck hoping to set up for a good run from the 800m.

Divine Madonna will get a fair way back but should come home like a train with Efficient, so I put her in my multiples too.

Last edited by crash : 24th October 2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 24th October 2007, 08:38 AM

As always in the week leading up to the race you hear the whispers....

I have just got off phone with a close mate of mine who does a bit of fill in work during the spring carnival for some trainers, all he could talk about was Marasco, and how well he handled the valley at his gallop and how impressed Kersley is with him. He promised the info was straight from the strapper and they are quietly confident of a big, big showing.

I may have a little on him, but will definately be putting him in my multiples.
Old 24th October 2007, 10:39 AM
Suspended.

Smile

Geez, your not listening to coat-tuggers are ya' Real Deal?

If Marasco wants to win the Cox Plate, it better start now!
Old 24th October 2007, 01:39 PM

Hi all,

What is the weather forecast like. Do advise. Thanks.
Old 24th October 2007, 02:48 PM
Suspended.

Fine/18 degrees and a dead 4
Old 24th October 2007, 04:40 PM

Thanks crash. Long value bet will be on Zipping....I thought Magic Cape run behind Princess Coup was a good one. Might put him in the tri....hi hi...With El and Haradasun. Maybe a box of 5 with Devil Moon. I have a feeling that Miss Finland cannot win due to B1 and also she never win on MV and distance wise is only average (3-1-1-0).