Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th June 2002, 12:24 PM

Sorry, I thought that was obvious.
If the system doesn't work on paper, why would you put money on it?
Old 25th June 2002, 02:20 PM
Suspended

My frist post so excuse my ignorance. How long should i trial a system on paper. I have been developing a place system and testing on paper over the last 8 months. 30 Plcaings from 33 bets (91%) 23.5% pot. Tessta Rossa staking plan seems ideal for me. After how many bets can i have some confidence in the expected outcome.
Old 25th June 2002, 03:00 PM

trench digger,

Statistically speaking you really need several hundred "trials" before you can be confident that the results are significant. Of course if the system you are looking at only gives you one bet a week then this is not practical. With the results you quote I would say you could start betting now but start with a small bank that you would not be too upset losing - say $100 or so and with a 90% strike rate you could bet 10% of that each time (so first bet would be $10). If your success continues then you should be able to build you bank up over time.
Old 25th June 2002, 03:21 PM

Are you serious?

8 months and only 33 selections?
Must be very strict, but if it works good for you.

How could you wait 8 mths?? Start putting money on it. You'll soon know whether its any good or not.
Old 27th April 2003, 11:56 AM

Just thought I'd resurrect this old topic on a wet Sydney morning for two reasons:

1) Does anyone have an Excel workout of Testarossa's staking plan the they would not mind sending to me? I understand the principles of Excel; but would find it difficult to actually format (or whatever the word is) the worksheets for his plan. Thanks.
smgh@ozemail.com.au

I, too, was fascinated by the fast building of his banks on such small dividends. But it does work!! It is amazing how quickly they mount up :smile:

Which brings me to my second point:
2) There is a very strong correlation between the 100 raters on QldTAB (from AAP actually) and favourites in so far as placegetters are concerned. Just watch them for a while and, discounting those that are obviously only going to return $1.10 or less, you will find that quite a few come in at $1.40 - $1.90.

Even $10 with an all up on $1.40 and $1.60 divs comes to $22.40!!
Old 16th May 2003, 12:44 AM

Hi All,
Testarossa, I replied to merriguys email regards the excel version of your system and offered to help if i could, However i feel it wrong to build the system based on your findings without your knowledge / approval.

I would name it the Testarossa System if you were in agreeance and in addition consult with you in its development and final look, and on completion hand to you so you may forward it to whom ever you desired.

hope to hear from you
R
Pete