Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th March 2012, 05:03 PM

Wink A very small snippet from Maria

Was killing time on Maria's forum and came across this comment from her.

"I use (among some other things) a combination of TA and studying trainer/jockey, trainer/course and jockey/course combinations, which, with apologies, I don't discuss other than saying that I use them ... "

You "neuralists" should get something out of that
Old 5th March 2012, 11:51 PM

Default New name for a collective of racingandsports 'tragics'

Nice post Angry Pixie!
'neuralists' you had me chuckling all afternoon

The Schmile

"I buy when other people are selling.”
― J. Paul Getty
Old 6th March 2012, 01:58 AM

Wink

look no further than the name "Parnam" in WA, like the dud roulette wheel, it can point you to the winner!

or should I say a "profit" by hook or **********! "and I emphasise that I don't know which?"
Old 6th March 2012, 06:08 AM

Yes , I have read something similar from her & others.

Apparently in the UK the strongest results come from only a small handful of Trainers that do well at that track.
They get the best horses & best jockeys almost every time .

Its a bit like a closed shop & all the other Trainers struggle.
That's probable why one sees so many 1000/1 horses in a race.

In many cases the others are borderline plough horses, they are there to make up the numbers.

If one ever listens to the commentators chit chat on the online radio broadcasts
They seem to talk more about the Trainers for the next coming race than they do about the actual horse- weird.

Interestingly, they where talking about Black Caviar & how Australia produces some of the best sprinters in the World.

There was another time when one of the Aust female jockeys was over there riding home 20/1 & 30/1 winners & where amazed by her skill, to get somewhat ordinary horses over the line and how that must make her one of the best female jockeys in the world.

The Trainer from Black Caviar was also saying how the industry in the UK seems to be dominated by only a handful of Trainers.
He felt that the Aust industry was a lot more competitive.

=======================================

This is a Lay method using the percentage SR or both Trainer & Jockeys for that Track and Overall percentages.

RULES
Go to racingandsports .

Look for horses where the Trainers have an 8% or less SR overall & also for that Track.

That same horse must be ridden by a Jockey with the same 8%SR overall & for that Track.

Must be 15.00 & less.

Bet to liability.

You will find that very few ever win.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:12 AM

If you read the betfair forum you would understand that very few UK people have any clue on how to asses form and listen to the tipsters more than anything.

I would take anything i hear coming out of the uk with a grain of salt.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:22 AM

Shaun

I think its more likely that anybody using the Betfair forum has no clue than the Poms in general. There's some very good stuff that comes out of the UK and the Betfair forum does seem to have a very large over representation of lifes victims.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:26 AM

You may be correct on that but i have only read those forums so can't answer that one.
Old 6th March 2012, 03:07 PM

I agree about the Betfair forum Shaun.

We should also consider the differences between the way the countries approach horseracing.

Us Aussies (in general) tend to concentrate on ratings and speed maps.
Tactics are an important fabric of form assessment also because our races are run at a different type of pace.

USA punters are obsessed with speed figures and their races are run pretty much like greyhound races, they jump and it's on. Probably because the large percentage of races are dirt based. It will never ever suit an Australian or English horse to go and attack a Breeders' Cup or Kentucky Derby, our horses don't know what the ******** is going on. They're not trained that way and have never raced that way.

In the UK the obsession is with breeding, gear and popular trainers and jockeys. While Timeform and Racing Post ratings do play a part, most UK punters never handicap a race per se.

Breeding is something that just completely escapes me, why there is so much emphasis on it. It is basically a free lunch for breeders.
A couple of years ago I went to Aquanita Lodge and they were spruiking the most expensive horse in the stable, on breeding it was worth upwards of 5 million. Did very little since. The name even escapes me, it was so poor.
I do know it started odds on a couple of times and ran third and unplaced in the city.
A very small percentage of very well bred horses do well.

Think of the Betfair forum like any tote or bookie forum, it's going to attract it's fair percentage of mugs. Now and then there is a thread that's brilliant, but it's probably one in a hundred. And any brilliance fades with the derision and in fighting that persists with the topic.

As AP says, I'd suggest looking elsewhere for UK banter and ideas, there are a couple of decent UK forums about, and some of the guys are quite helpful and welcoming to Aussies.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 6th March 2012, 05:05 PM

The Geeks Toy forum is pretty good, mostly concerned with the program itself but there are some informative threads on there specially if you are interested in trading.