Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 1st January 2013, 09:24 PM

Off topic. Moderator.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 2nd January 2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 1st January 2013, 10:01 PM

Thinking cap on now - here goes...

What I think happens in a forum like this is that comments can very easily get misconstrued. One reason is that without seeing a person's face or hearing the tone in their voice, body language etc... we will often use other clues to come to conclusions about what a person actually means by the words they post. eg previous posting history, style, reputation etc

Having said that, I have observed that one or 2 posters often appear to post without thinking of the context of the thread and the thoughts, feelings, preferences of other posters - just their own particular preferences and style and motives i.e. "it's all about me"

I have nothing against freedom of speech and expressing one's thoughts, ideas etc but what I object to is people who don't mind stomping all over someone else without giving that person a reasonable degree of respect as an individual, no matter what their point of view or preferred focus - whether that be in here or the real world out there.

Somebody once said that the true meaning of a message lies in the message received (rather than the message we meant to deliver).

We might all do well to keep this in mind into the new year (myself included, of course)

Just my thoughts!

Cheers LG
Old 1st January 2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
Thinking cap on now - here goes...

What I think happens in a forum like this is that comments can very easily get misconstrued. One reason is that without seeing a person's face or hearing the tone in their voice, body language etc... we will often use other clues to come to conclusions about what a person actually means by the words they post. eg previous posting history, style, reputation etc

Having said that, I have observed that one or 2 posters often appear to post without thinking of the context of the thread and the thoughts, feelings, preferences of other posters - just their own particular preferences and style and motives i.e. "it's all about me"

I have nothing against freedom of speech and expressing one's thoughts, ideas etc but what I object to is people who don't mind stomping all over someone else without giving that person a reasonable degree of respect as an individual, no matter what their point of view or preferred focus - whether that be in here or the real world out there.

Somebody once said that the true meaning of a message lies in the message received (rather than the message we meant to deliver).

We might all do well to keep this in mind into the new year (myself included, of course)

Just my thoughts!

Cheers LG
All well and good but the meat of the post was the offer of having a bank of $3000 and earning betw. $2 and 3 hundred a week

"In that case I offer up that standard response myself, show me a system/method call it whatever that by investing $3000 you will get a weekly return of let's just say $100 never mind 2 or 3 hundred and I will pay $5000 for it."

My offer still stands and in CASH!

shifty did not have a bone to pick with that?
Strange wouldn't you say?

Pick a fight where there was none to be had, instead?
Stranger still!
Old 1st January 2013, 10:22 PM
Suspended

Off topic. Moderator.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 2nd January 2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 1st January 2013, 10:28 PM

Off topic. Moderator.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 2nd January 2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 1st January 2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomaca
All well and good but the meat of the post was the offer of having a bank of $3000 and earning betw. $2 and 3 hundred a week

"In that case I offer up that standard response myself, show me a system/method call it whatever that by investing $3000 you will get a weekly return of let's just say $100 never mind 2 or 3 hundred and I will pay $5000 for it."

Stranger still!

My post was a direct response to that above mine (Post No. 31 - Mattio) and also with regards my general observations in here over the last 9 months or so.

Cheers LG
Old 1st January 2013, 10:38 PM
Vortech

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomaca

Stranger still!

invest ya $3000 in a coffee shop on wheels and head out to Doomben and Eagle Farm on the early mornings. You'll turnover $200 to $300 each week.
Old 1st January 2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech
invest ya $3000 in a coffee shop on wheels and head out to Doomben and Eagle Farm on the early mornings. You'll turnover $200 to $300 each week.
Absolutely no offense meant but I think you did not read the OP and mistakenly translated it to something else. In a way you accidentally confirm moeee's point, of buying a job cleaning dunnies.

The offer if I'm correct, and please point out if I'm not, was that having a bank of $3000 and contacting the poster he will reveal a system producing a weekly income of btw. $200 and $300.

My offer of $5000 for said system stands, as a matter of fact I up the anti and offer ten thousand.

Still a very good business! Imagine $5200 yearly return on $3K?
Any investor would go for dentures for that sort of opportunity, never mind eye tooth.

Last edited by lomaca : 1st January 2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 1st January 2013, 10:56 PM
Suspended

Lomaca.
I have never really noticed it before.
But you are quite amusing.
Amusing , entertaining and absolutely correct.
Old 1st January 2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty
This one lomaca. It's not political correctness, it's just about good manners and respect.
Mate
When I read that comment I took it as tongue in cheek. Still do.