Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 14th January 2004, 02:02 AM

A simple system for anyone interested in the dishlickers(as I am).
Rule 1)Selection is any dog from box 1 that has won 2 out of it's last 3 starts
That's it!!!
Suss it out for yourself
cheers
Old 14th January 2004, 03:14 PM

Quickly checking last 8 meetings over here purpleheart68 - 6 qualifiers, 3 winners :smile: but total win return only $4.90 :sad:

Still worth a look purpleheart68, thanks :wink:

Sandgroper :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2004-01-14 15:18 ]
Old 14th January 2004, 08:03 PM

Sandgroper,I have a lot of greyhound methods relating to speed,sectionaltimes,box draw,etc.etc.That one is so simple and I assure it will provide you with some very good results.It provided 50%SR from your test,and the divvies will not always be that skinny.
cheers
Old 15th January 2004, 03:15 AM
Banned

How do you evaluate 'class' when doing the form in a dog race?
If both dog A and dog B ran 30.00 and identical sectionals over the same track and distance last week, but dog A did it in a Grade 5 race and dog B in a Grade 2/3(stronger?) race and today they meet, both in their optimum boxes, both to have clear runs to the turn, how would you rate them?
thanks
Old 15th January 2004, 06:14 PM

Qualifiers tonight at Cannington (WA) are - Race 3 Giles Monelli (won 3 of last 3, assuming this qualifies), Race 4 Hudson Tara and Race 6 Satin Phoenix. Let's see how they go.

[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2004-01-15 18:16 ]
Old 15th January 2004, 06:29 PM

Good question anchor, with your example in mind.

The only time I tend to consider class to any great extent, is when a greyhound drops back in grade, and all of a sudden they find the racing not quite as competitive as they have been used to, and as a result 'find some form'. Found many a good priced winner, using this filter. OR when a greyhound steps up in grade for the first time. Usually treat with some caution, until they show they are competitive at the next level.

[ This Message was edited by: Sandgroper on 2004-01-15 18:44 ]
Old 15th January 2004, 08:25 PM

Hi Anchor, in your example, the dog drawn closer to the rails, would be expected to win, as it would own the first turn.

Some would say,Speed is evident throughout their racing life, an Class is evident in Recent racing. Speed is a superior Variable than using Class.

The example you give, shows the disadvantage in using Power grid ratings of any sort, as they tend to miss good young dogs coming thru the grades.
Old 16th January 2004, 04:00 AM
Banned

Thanks for the answers. So is a Track Variant worth doing? If you have 10 520m races at Wentworth Park is it worth deriving a median time for the night or is raw time sufficient? Example, a 30.20 time last Saturday could be the equal to a 30.40 time this Saturday. Just looking for an edge, if it exists.
Thanks.
Old 16th January 2004, 06:45 AM

Anchor,
I believe that you should adjust your time ratings for Track variance.As I said on another thread, I analyse and bet at Angle Park,Gawler and the Gold Coast. I take an average time rating for the meeting. I ignore the fastest and slowest times and average the others. This becomes my "Base" time for that day/night.
Old 16th January 2004, 09:43 AM

Sandgroper,the dog that won it's lasr 3 IS NOT a selection.How did the others go?
Anchor
In your example I would back the dog coming off the win in the higher grade race.
Class,as such,is virtually impossible to define in greyhound racing.IMO we need to rely to a large extent on the grades to determine the class of the race,then examine the class of the dogs racing in them.
Personally I never bet in the lower grade races.I WILL NOT bet on a dog going up in grade until it shows it can take the next step and be competitive.
Example 1)A dog blitzes the field by 6 lengths in a low grade race,and runs fast time.Then it goes up in grade next start.It is unlikely to repeat that performance,because it is now racing against dogs that can run the same or better times than it did in beating a lower grade field.
Okay,some promising young dogs can and will do it,but the ones that do usually have a big wrap on them,eliminating any value at all.
Example 2)
A dog coming back in grade(sorry to disagree with you sandgroper)is NOT necessarily the class runner.If it has not been competitive in the higher grade it is merely coming back to it's right grade.