Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 26th June 2002, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
On 2002-06-26 10:29, becareful wrote:
Maybe one of the Staking Plan advocates would like to post a mathematical proof of how a staking plan can increase your profit on turnover because I have never seen one. All the staking plans I have analysed do NOT increase POT in the LONG RUN - they generally do one of two things......

becareful, do you have raw data you would like used for the test? I require 200+ PLACE results only in excel format preferred. If they are your actual betting even better. This will only work if you are a place bettor with a strike rate above 70%. If not, just make it up with all the losing/winning sequences you want.

Please post your email address and I will contact you directly.

Placegetter

PS. I don't know if I will prove an increased POT, but it might still be interesting for both of us.
Old 26th June 2002, 11:54 AM

Placegetter - I have turned on the email address option in my profile.

[ This Message was edited by: becareful on 2002-06-26 12:42 ]
Old 26th June 2002, 01:34 PM

Thanks becareful. Caution is your middle name. I agree on the average bet size. Lots of systems that are for sale try to sucker people on that. It is *average bet size* that counts, otherwise any comparisdon between level betting and a staking scheme will be misleading. But Placegetter here seems to have the goods - a simple system for turning marginal profits into major profits. I have to admit Placegetter, you system is the most exciting I've encountered in this forum so far. I've been betting for winners but looking back over 60 races, and including the selections I made but didn't actually bet on (to win), I'm getting about 72% place strike. If I can sustain that, or improve it, and maintain some discipline as well, then by Placegetter's system I'm in business! Is that right Placegetter? Anything over 70% strike rate will work? I've been looking at your maths Placegetter. Congratulations and many, many thanks for sharing it with people here in this forum. Awesome.
Old 26th June 2002, 01:37 PM

Sorry. Got it wrong. It is Testarossa's scheme that is the goer, not Placegetters, but Placegetter says he has a very similiar method. I don't doubt that with the appropriate staking system you can turn marginal profits into good returns. The maths looks OK to me.
Old 26th June 2002, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
On 2002-06-26 13:37, hermes wrote:
It is Testarossa's scheme that is the goer, not Placegetters.

He only turned $800 into $13,000 though.....
Old 26th June 2002, 02:52 PM

becareful, that system I posted (1,3,6,18) is still working...only because there are more winners within four bets than losers.

E.G. each bet is a set of four. (1+3+6+18 = 28) which is the set. If there are say 90 sets that win and ten sets that lose, then you are ahead, providing your average profit on each set is enough to cover losses. Also there are many winning sets of 1 , 1+3, 1+3+6. My data would testify to this.
However, should the strike ratio change, then you would have to revise this.

As far as any other staking plan goes the retirement staking plan is the best I have ever seen!!!!

I recommend it if used properly.

http://www.grandstand.com.au/retirement.html

[ This Message was edited by: Equine Investor on 2002-06-26 15:21 ]
Old 26th June 2002, 03:17 PM

Hermes - I may just be playing semantics here but I wouldn't call Testerossas idea a staking system in the normal sense of the term. If I understand it correctly what he is doing is generating a single lot of selections and then placing different bet types on those selections, namely:

1. Betting on each selection individually
2. Betting 2 race allups
3. Betting 3 race allups

Each of these 3 bet types (or 4 if you include the 2nd 2 race combination) is placed with even stakes. In this case the benefit is coming from the multiplier effect of the allup but as always the profitability depends on the POT of the basic selections being positive.

I have no problem with using allup betting to improve profits provided you have a positive return to start with (otherwise you will be increasing losses) and have a selection system with a high strike rate.