Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 25th April 2008, 07:03 AM
Suspended.

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper1313
thanks alot for the tips fellas. gonna have a crack at it, as well as crashs one. seems a matter of intelligent filtering and not goin for the get rich quick, but look for stable increasing profits. found a staking plan called holy grail which SEEMS to be good idea. dont trust its selection methods though..

Wouldn't touch my system till Sunday. Too many races between now and then [too much $ exposure]. I don't touch Saturdays ever, but then again I've never tried the system on Sat.
Old 25th April 2008, 07:23 AM

thanks crash!!!. will follow the rules and keep it simple mon-fri. using this magicbet one for saturdays only (that's one of its rules anyway). so i'll have a crack tomorrow and start on yours next week. and i just wanna say that i appreciate all your help and advice. been reading over the last closed thread and think its great people like yourself who have studied obviously for years in racing and have a clue can share working ideas and selection methods that obviously work, and personally reckon that anyone who's jealous they haven't come up with something better to share apart from braggin, and wanna turn help/advice forums into a ****ing contest can go to ******y!!! don't need to justify yourself mate. if they can't come up with the same selections everyone else does by following the same rules, then tippin they bit short in the top paddock. cheers mate
Old 25th April 2008, 08:49 AM

can someone please explain what the various codes mean.. g1, g2 etc. c1, c2 c3 etc. LR, NMW, 2MWLY and so on. or know of a site that lists them and their interpretations entirely.
Old 25th April 2008, 10:29 AM

Although my system doesn't discriminate on barrier position 70% of profit comes from barrier 9 or greater.

Lower weights seem to give more value as people don't tend to go past saddle cloth 7....
Old 25th April 2008, 05:51 PM

G'day Grim,

All of those abbreviations are for the types of races. I'm not sure which website or paper you got those from but basically the "G" would represent "Group", the "C" = Class, "LR" = Listed Race, which is sometimes referred to a Group 4 race, "NMW" or "0MW" = No or Zero Metro Wins, and "2MWLY" = 2 Metro Wins Last Year.

With all these different ways of trying to classify each race, it can be hard sometimes to know the true quality of a race. Here's a rough list in descending order of significance:

Group 1 (eg. Melbourne Cup)
Group 2
Group 3
Group 4, also called Listed
Open
Class 6
Class 5
Class 4
Class 3
Class 2
Class 1
Maiden

I usually equate 0MW, 1MW, 2MW, 0MWLY, 1MWLY and 2MWLY races with being similar to a Class 5 or 6 race. There's also some races called "Quality" and "Flying" races. I believe they're considered to be somewhere between an Open race and Group 4 race, though I could be wrong.

To be eligible to enter a Maiden race, a horse must not have won a race before. To enter a Class 2 race, a horse must not have won more than 2 races before; it may have yet to win a race, may have won 1 race or even 2, but no more. And so on and so forth. When we get up to the Open and Group races, more parameters come into play. There may be minimum prizemoney earned restrictions before eligible to enter, and other rules.

Just a word of advice. I think the prizemoney on offer is a better guide to the quality of horses in the race. Sometimes you will notice a fairly lowly Class 3 race with $60,000 prizemoney, yet next week there will be an Open race with only $40,000 prizemoney. My point is, if an Open race is supposed to be better than a Class 3 race, why are there are times when prizemoney doesn't reflect that? You need to think like an owner. If you had a really good horse, you're going to enter it in the most appropriate race that offers the most money, so if your horse is eligible to either that Class 3 race or that Open race, you most likely going to enter it into the race with the most money, which was the Class 3 race. This is why I feel it's better to rank races by their Prizemoney, not Class.

Hope that helps.
Old 25th April 2008, 06:02 PM
Suspended.

Spot on Silver. Money means everything. Go with prize money as a class pointer [it's simple]. You'll go crazy otherwise. A $20,000 class 1 means more than a $10,000 class 6.

Last edited by crash : 25th April 2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 26th April 2008, 12:45 AM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

With Darky's system do you play it at all venues or just city events?
Old 26th April 2008, 07:10 AM

thanks silver. yes helps alot. so the various codes don't always mean..though they can do.. a handicapped race. been lookin for handicapped races, but noticed not all of them are listed as such.. i think. sorry, still in the learnin process mate.
Old 26th April 2008, 07:14 AM

crash, wanna ask ya.. when you say "3rd or 4th up" in your selection methods, would you include maidens, as in that it is actually the horses 3rd or 4th ever run?
Old 26th April 2008, 07:19 AM

has anyone ever heard of, or tested "the holy grail" system/staking plan? is it worthwhile?