Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 31st March 2004, 12:03 PM

Today's Unitab selections are:

Warwick Farm R6 no.7 - Fortaleza (4 pts)
Ipswich R8 no.2 - Billy Whiz (5 pts)
Ascot R8 no.2 - Always Fast (5 pts)

Non-System selections:
Strathalbyn R4 no.1 - Come On Rory (5 pts)
Ascot R1 no.2 - Price Monger (5 pts)

My system selections:
Warwick Farm R4 no.4 - Email Me
Warwick Farm R6 no.7 - Rortaleza
Strathalbyn R2 no.4 - Debt Free
Ascot R2 no.2 - Pezzetto.
Old 31st March 2004, 04:58 PM

Hi, Sporznut.

Yes, some excellent priced winners. Unfortunately they did not meet the requirements for either of the two systems I'm looking at. I can't find any sort of consistency with these winners, for it might be another angle to consider. Maybe someone might??? At least it's heartening to know that the Unitab ratings seem to be worthwhile.
Old 31st March 2004, 05:07 PM
Member.

OOPS! Sorry Michael, I deleted my earlier post.

As soon as I said how well the 100 raters were going, all of a sudden they couldn't win another race!!! That's why I deleted my post. But yes, 3 winners in double figures today for the 100 raters including Soak Up The Sun at $25.10.

Jacfin has a nice easy way of getting value from the 100 raters, but I don't know that he wants me to tell anyone else though.

[ This Message was edited by: sportznut on 2004-03-31 17:35 ]
Old 31st March 2004, 06:21 PM

Michael, I had the following non-system bets for today's 5ptrs.

Ipsw R8-2 Billy Wizz [2.80f] WON $1.50/$1.10
Strat R4-1 Come On Rory [2.30f] WON $1.60/$1.10

Very cramped odds but at least they both WON and WON easily too.

I forgot to mention earlier that I did not inlcude any races with less than 8 runners in my previous figures. I also eliminated all 2yo races and any races where the form was not exposed in 4 or more of the runners (depending on the size of the field of course). Unexposed form includes those runners with only 1 or 2 career starts. Thought it better to leave these alone. Any runners with less than 3 career starts (and 100pts) were also skipped over. I haven't quite decided on the fate of the hurdlers yet.

The other bet you mentioned for today in Ascot R1-2 Price Monger failed on 3 counts: 2yo race, only 2 career starts and at least 6 of the runners had less than 3 career starts.

Hope this clarifies things a little more and I really hope this keeps going. Betting for a win with such a high hit rate may be the best way to go with this as the prices are quite short (always) and using a bookie offering fixed odds can help boost the POT.

AS an example - on today's 2 bets I could have secured $1.80 for Come on Rory and $1.60 for Billy Wizz making the POT 70% as against 55% using the tote in NSW. An extra 15% is nothing to sneeze at.

Betting on the place just doesn't seem to give the returns due to the very short odds but time will tell I guess.

ADDENDUM
========
It looks like Ascot R8-2 Always Fast should also be a 5pt selection as I initially missed it because I saw the $13.00 in the prepost and dismissed it without looking closer and seeing that it was actually equal 3rd fav! The race is about to run (it's now 6.24pm) and it should be a selection.

There you go.....he WON and by 2 lengths too. The bookies had him at $1.90 but $2.30 was available on the tote at the jump so this made it 3 out of 3 wins for the day and helped to make up for the loss of Minreader yesterday.

[ This Message was edited by: michaelv on 2004-03-31 18:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: michaelv on 2004-03-31 18:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: michaelv on 2004-03-31 18:41 ]
Old 31st March 2004, 07:49 PM

sportz - i am sure jacfin is well tonight, paying thirty dollars and thirty cents where "becareful" said.
Old 31st March 2004, 08:59 PM
Member.

Huh? :???:
Old 1st April 2004, 08:01 AM

Hi, Michaelv.

Your rule about 2 year olds and career starts is sound, and I will apply it to the selections.

Yes, the five-pointers seem promising. Since last Sunday there have been three selections in the system:
Monday: Goulburn 6/1. Won - $1.70 and $1.10
Wed: Ipswich 8/2. Won - $1.50 and $1.10
Wed: Ascot 8/2. Won - $2.30 and $1.10

There have been three 4-pointers for the same period - none of them placed. Hopefully this is the exception and that they will continue to perform - they have a good record since I began on sat 6 March, but time will tell. From Tuesday, I identified the four and five pointers when posting the selections, and will continue to do so as the five pointers may prove to be the way to go.
Old 1st April 2004, 08:47 AM

Michael, any reason why

Tue Gosfo R8-3 Mondreader lost
Wed Strat R4-1 Come on Rory WON $1.60/$1.10

were not included in the results since Sunday? These should make it 4 wins from 5 bets for the period since Sunday.

Also, the number of bets for the sample I looked at had only 3 first-uppers but only 1 won (@ $2.30) so this group probably should be excluded too...what do you think?

Now, as there will be a degree of overlap between the 4+ system and the 5+ system selections, will you be listing ALL the 4+ selections and ALL the 5+ selections separately even if there are some common selections? Billy Wizz and Always Fast from yesterday are 2 perfect examples of this overlap.

[ This Message was edited by: michaelv on 2004-04-01 08:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: michaelv on 2004-04-01 08:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: michaelv on 2004-04-01 08:55 ]
Old 1st April 2004, 11:35 AM

Hi, Michaelv.

On Tuesday, Mindreader wasn't included as there were 13 starters. The system only applies to races between 8 and 12 starters. However, yesterday Come On Rory should have been a selection - my error. So in fact, since 28 March there were four 5 points-plus selections for four winners. I'll have to include Come On Rory in the system results.

Also, the system will not include any horse that has not had at least two runs this campaign. It seems your results would vindicate the application of this rule.

I'll be listing two systems. The first is the usual system in which I'll show the points difference as I've done for the past couple of days; and the second system (non-system)will show only 5 pointers-plus which do not fall into the usual System rules. But there won't be any first-uppers.

Hope this is agreeable to everyone.
Old 1st April 2004, 11:45 AM

hi michaelg
have you noticed any horses that have crappy exposed form
eg today mt barker R2-3 FORM X00 BUT 100 RATING any thoughts
cya