Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 6th February 2011, 12:16 PM

Wink

These are the selections for Albany - all under 200 points.

2/9
3/10
6/10
Old 6th February 2011, 12:39 PM

Just a couple I'd "challenge" you on:

Colac 8/9 --- think it also qualifies;

and Sapphire 8/7 doesn't qualify.

Good Luck!
Old 6th February 2011, 12:58 PM

Wink

Hi, Merriguy.

You're right.

I miscalculated with the number of runners in Colac R8.

And I don't know how I identified Sapphire 8/7 as the selection because it has only the fourth highest points.

Therefore,

Colac R8 no.9 is a selection for the under 200 points method.
Sapphire R8 is a no-bet race.

Thanks, Merriguy.
Old 6th February 2011, 01:25 PM

Wink

Would not be worried. I know my brain is "spinning" sometimes after doing what is, on the surface, an easy task.

First pick down. Actually I didn't lay it. I think it is good to leave out of contention any that is picked by Radio Tab, Guest tipster, and Late Mail --- as was Chosira.
Old 6th February 2011, 07:35 PM

Wink

A disaster today.

Under 200 points method.

There were 5 accidents from 14 selections for a loss of $118.56, it's still in front by $175.61. However I think I will end it because the average profit per overall selection is slightly over $2. This means that it has been taking about 15 smiles to make up for an accident.

However, with the 200 points-plus system the average profit per overall selection is about $3.50. Over the four days of betting there is a profit of $157.51.

I have been using another method that lays fancied horses. I have been looking at it for some time now but never recorded the results because some days there have been no selections. However I started laying them yesterday, and after two days there have been 21 smiles from 21 selections for a profit of $122.60. So it looks good...touch wood. And it might have more logic than the neural system which has little, if any.

If there's any selections tomorrow I'll list them. Hopefully this will compensate for the reduced action.
Old 6th February 2011, 07:51 PM

Smile

Michaelg,

Well done on your systems but how do you find time to follow and investigate all these? You always seem to have another "up your sleeve"!
Old 6th February 2011, 08:00 PM

Wink

Its something I thought about some time ago, but now that we can lay S.P. early in the morning I'm remembering some methods I had thought of previously. And for the past two weeks I've had time on my hands because of my back.

This one I've been laying for the past two days has impressed one of my punting friends who does not want me to release it. However, if it proves profitable I might do so, not publicly but privately.

Last edited by michaelg : 6th February 2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 7th February 2011, 10:25 AM

Wink

200 Points Method

Two selections today:

Wangaratta 3/6

Muswellbrook 3/6

New Lay Method

Scone 5/3
Wangaratta 7/1
Murwillumbah 5/4
Old 7th February 2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelg

I've been looking at another "illogical" lay system:

1) Identify the top neural selection based on the default/factory settings.
2) Minimum of 10 runners.
3) Lay the top selection providing it has less than 200 neural points.

....if you bet at the following tracks only..... how does it go?

"Aarat", "Armidale", "Benalla", "Bendigo", "Cairns", "Camperdown", "Canberra", "Canterbury", "Caulfield", "Colac", "Coleraine", "Coonabarabran", "Coonamble", "Cootamundra", "Cowra", "Donald", "Dunkeld", "Echuca", "Flemington", "Gillgandra", "Gawler", "Gold Coast", "Grafton", "Hamilton", "Hanging Rock", "Hawkesbury", "Horsham", "Inverall", "Kembla Grange", "Kilmore", "Kyneton", "Leeton", "Mildura", "Halidon", "Moe", "Moruya", "Mt Gambier", "Mudgee", "Murray Bridge", "Murtoa", "Murwillumbah", "Naracoorte", "Narrogin", "Narromine", "Nowra", "Oakbank", "Parkes", "Penola", "Pt Augusta", "Pt Lincoln", "Pt Macquarie", "Queanbeyan", "Quirindi", "Randwick", "Rockhampton", "Rosehill", "Sale", "Sapphire Coast", "Scone", "Stony Creek", "Tamworth", "Taree", "Tatura", "Terang", "Townsville", "Wagga", "Wangaratta", Warracknabeal", "Warren", "Warrnambool", "Wellington", "Werribee", "Wodonga", "Wyong", "Yarra Valley"

I've found these to be some of the worst performing (S/Rate) tracks for neurals.......
Old 7th February 2011, 03:19 PM

Wink

Hi, Stix.

Unfortunately I haven't got records of the method by the tracks. I see they range from metro to bush so it's surprising they would have the same poor results. But then again, the neurals themselves can be surprising.

I have also been looking at the class of race, but there doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern.

The two selections in the 200 Points method have already been run. They were both smiles for a profit of $14.46.

Last edited by michaelg : 7th February 2011 at 03:22 PM.