Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 3rd February 2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny72
Star, I sincerely believe that level staking is the only sound approach, both mathematically and psychologically. Of course if you get enough winners like your $44 one you can increase the level of your level staking when your profit is high enough.

I do like the fact that you score longshots because I think it is the only type of system worth following. I pass on short priced selections. It takes a lot of $3 winners to make $44 or the $24.50 I got on one of my two winners on Sat.

That's what gets me every time. What I am going to do now is to only use the system on Saturdays and stick with Sydney and only go with the first horse to qualify.

So only one bet which suits me because I am comfortable betting $20 per week.

It might not be logical, as Barny is wont to say, but it gives me some action and raises the heart beat just a bit but not too much.

System betting is good for me because it restricts the losses and keeps me interested.

Pete
Old 3rd February 2013, 11:09 PM

Gunny, you son of a gun! What thread to you announce your long shot in?

Cheers LG
Old 4th February 2013, 10:42 AM

I did some quick stats last night on Perth Metro. I have a rating method Im testing on WA and I wanna see if I can find some meaningful stats to help with the raceday ratings & improve the assessed prices.

First cab off the rank was SP rank (NSW TAB). Between 1 jan 09 to 31 dec 12, TAB faves returned a loss of 6.3% only. All other horses returned a loss of 24%. Just shows you what we are up against.

Everybody likes a good price winner, but based on those figures the fave has to be you first object of discussion. But that old query, how do you know what the fave is pre race?
Old 5th February 2013, 07:01 PM
Banned

Oh Lord! Sorry I seemed to be bragging and, in a way I was because I wanted to emphasise that it is possible to get longshots up and chasing longer prices at level stakes is a good way to cover losses rather than increasing your outlay.

So Greystroke no son of a gun here but just a pleasant hue as I wander off into the sunset to seek that star in the kingdom!
Old 6th February 2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny72
Oh Lord! Sorry I seemed to be bragging and, in a way I was because I wanted to emphasise that it is possible to get longshots up and chasing longer prices at level stakes is a good way to cover losses rather than increasing your outlay.

So Greystroke no son of a gun here but just a pleasant hue as I wander off into the sunset to seek that star in the kingdom!

I hope that STAR in the Kingdom is going better than I. Beware of false Stars.

Pete