Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 18th March 2006, 09:33 AM

At least news of the 7.5% & round-down secret rake is filtering through the other forums - albeit excruciatingly slowly.

I'm amazed that one individual (whom I've had no dealing with) still insists in denying this for 3 days. Why can't he go to the official AusTOTE page and calculate the blessed markets for himself? The fact that all will be above 108.11% should be a huge clue!

As to better value elsewhere I suspect that Betfair is now the best bet, but with the problem that the low liquidity doesn't guarantee you'll get matched at your offered price.

I haven't tried this but wonder how offering lays at 10% below estimated true odds might go.

With the 5-outfit live display that lay price would be 90% * Market * Best Price.

For example early on the Market for best might be 80%.

So offer to lay a $10 shot at 90% * 80% * $10 = $7.20 or worse.
Old 18th March 2006, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc
At least news of the 7.5% & round-down secret rake is filtering through the other forums - albeit excruciatingly slowly.

I'm amazed that one individual (whom I've had no dealing with) still insists in denying this for 3 days. Why can't he go to the official AusTOTE page and calculate the blessed markets for himself? The fact that all will be above 108.11% should be a huge clue!

Who would that be JFC?
Old 18th March 2006, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Mer
Who would that be JFC?

La Mer,

I trust you're not trying to lure me into a transgression of the Forum T&Cs. Anyway I don't propose to elaborate on my mild observation as that could stir up a hornet's nest.

The important message from my paragraph is that consumers need to be aware of techniques to protect themselves from questionable disclosure.

AusTOTE is by no means Robinson Crusoe in that department. Betfair recently introduced an invisible commission on liquidity enhancers. TAB Limited (NSW) recently hiked Trifecta and FF rakes even more exorbitantly without bothering to inform Internet patrons.

However at least for Win, Place and Quinella, consumers can check the (well-hidden) effective rakes for themselves by going to the trouble of calculating the markets.
Old 18th March 2006, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc
La Mer, I trust you're not trying to lure me into a transgression of the Forum T&Cs. Anyway I don't propose to elaborate on my mild observation as that could stir up a hornet's nest.

No at all JFC, just wondering if it was the same person I had in mind.