Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 15th December 2009, 09:19 AM

Default subtle expressions of glee

some time back I backed Friday Creek at 56/1 and expressed great exhortations of jumpings for joy and had my thread removed by the moderator. However I have learned to sneak up on a significant gloat and wanted to express my opinion.

On Saturday I scored on New Edge and the same principle applied as to Friday Creek. New Edge won at Kembla in a good race in March at 55/1 also.
I have mentioned that I only follow listed horses and in the race on Saturday on my points system New Edge had 22 points the highest in the race.
Friday Creek had 19 points the most in each case in the race.
Tears i Cry had 18 points equal with molotov on Saturday. a few weeks ago Sniper's Bullet had 66 in the railway stakes 74 in the fruit and veg and Tarzi had 39 in the Railway and ran 2nd.
Class not form seems to be a strong determinant in winning I have always heard this but couldnt measure it. But at least I can now afford a new hat. I could quote a lot more, e.g. Baci Amore 8 points won at 14/1 My limit 7 points won 11/1 Pepperwood had 19 points on saturday against my limit with 7 points secrets untold had 17 points. in some of these races there are out of form horses with more points and some faith is required but maybe it separates the wheat from the chaff. Shocking had 22 points. viewed had 31 points when he won the Caulfield cup. Maybe this helps the patient punter. A month ago Posadas won in Sydney at $34 he had 18 points.
Old 15th December 2009, 09:48 AM

Hi topsy99

A bit of clarification please, if you don't mind

"I only follow listed horses"

The horses you focus on - previously just ran or had to be placed or had to be winners (in "listed" races)?

And does "listed" include all black-type races or just "listed" only

Thanks

Last edited by kiwiz : 15th December 2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsy99
some time back I backed Friday Creek at 56/1 and expressed great exhortations of jumpings for joy and had my thread removed by the moderator. However I have learned to sneak up on a significant gloat and wanted to express my opinion.

On Saturday I scored on New Edge and the same principle applied as to Friday Creek. New Edge won at Kembla in a good race in March at 55/1 also.
I have mentioned that I only follow listed horses and in the race on Saturday on my points system New Edge had 22 points the highest in the race.
Friday Creek had 19 points the most in each case in the race.
Tears i Cry had 18 points equal with molotov on Saturday. a few weeks ago Sniper's Bullet had 66 in the railway stakes 74 in the fruit and veg and Tarzi had 39 in the Railway and ran 2nd.
Class not form seems to be a strong determinant in winning I have always heard this but couldnt measure it. But at least I can now afford a new hat. I could quote a lot more, e.g. Baci Amore 8 points won at 14/1 My limit 7 points won 11/1 Pepperwood had 19 points on saturday against my limit with 7 points secrets untold had 17 points. in some of these races there are out of form horses with more points and some faith is required but maybe it separates the wheat from the chaff. Shocking had 22 points. viewed had 31 points when he won the Caulfield cup. Maybe this helps the patient punter. A month ago Posadas won in Sydney at $34 he had 18 points.

How about you post these points before the races and not after
Old 15th December 2009, 01:56 PM

Default addressing the inquiries.

first. i keep a database of all placings and wnners of group 1, 2, 3 and 4 (lsted races) plus any high event races that are not listed eg. magic millions races etc. and give them a points rating. i have my database back to 1999 and have been messin with this for that long.
I tally up the points and deal with the highet number first.

in respect of the other inquiry regarding posting early. I am not sure of any obligation to post selections but am giving others an idea of my methods which I enjoy.
If it is of any use then good. if not interestd then okay.
Old 15th December 2009, 02:00 PM

Thanks for getting back to me Laurie, cheers mate
Old 15th December 2009, 02:08 PM

Default trying to be helpful

regardomg kiwz. i give the following points. group 1 won 8 place 7
group 2 6 (w) 5 (p) g3 w 4 p 3 listed 2 place 1. higher staked races 2 w p 1.

question for yourself and makybe diva. sorry makybe you are asking too much. i only operate race by race and dont spend all day friday preparing for saturday. its got to be easy or i think racing occupies too much of my life.

question for both of you. when you look at a race does the field tell you the above information or maybe the trainer is waiting for a race. or do they all look the same and we focus on the best recent form which may be misleading. if you followed the above principle you wont need anyone to do it for you.
i use gw basic for some of my programming also perl for another program and vbscript for another and a msdos batch file for another. its great fun and eductional. (and throws a few longshots)
Old 15th December 2009, 03:29 PM

Seems a very basic system to me. Can't see how it would profit in the long run. Recent form is also more relevant than form in the past.
Old 15th December 2009, 03:41 PM

Default knowing too much

an analysis is needed to prove your statement. my view is nothing is guaranteed . and fortune favours the brave. in a review of over 5 weeks 133 horses under the above methods won. while my backing form barriers etc returned 30 only. this capital city races saturday only.
looks okay to me ramped me back to the class performers and and instant return.
I have always wondered about this forum. people seem to expect too much from it. I punt for the fun of it, backing the occasional longshot and improving my computing methods. what others do it for is their business.

i share my thoughts if they are of any use if not then please disregard.
Old 15th December 2009, 05:17 PM

People are allowed to post an outline of how they find some winners at big odds without being required to post their tips in advance or reveal their selection rules.

Thanks.

Moderator.
Old 15th December 2009, 05:33 PM

Default famous quotations

was it president garfield who said to alexander bell that the telephone was a great idea but i cant see myself ever using one.

somethings are not compulsory but can be useful.