Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 12th November 2003, 10:41 PM

Quote:
On 2003-11-12 17:33, kenchar wrote:
Cant remember the exact figure but there was an arcticle in Sydney Daily Tele, that the guy was something like $800,000 up before the cox. Does that sound about right CP.

Sounds to me like he's gone all-up (or partly) with his bets.
But he certainly would not have got TAB prices, he would have done much better than 2.1 units profit.
Old 13th November 2003, 06:58 AM
Suspended.

My wife had read the article Chrome and She thinks he did make some profit but doubled the bet to $400,000 on the Cox and come out in the end with very little profit.

Cheers.
Old 13th November 2003, 07:11 AM

From memory the $800,000 was over the last 2 years (not just this year) - although it was just an estimation and based on this guys supposed average bet size (and I think it was also based on starting price rather than top fluctuation, etc).

By my calculations even if he bet $400,000 on the Cox that still leaves $400,000 profit. Don't know what money you make each year Crash but $400,000 profit would not seem like "very little profit" to me!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: becareful on 2003-11-13 07:14 ]
Old 13th November 2003, 07:33 AM
Suspended.

Becareful it was just his bets on Lohnro only not his yearly punt figures.

$400,000 a lot of profit ? You mean people on this forum think that is a lot ? Heck, you poor ************s, and all this time I thought you all serious players too.

Cheers.
Old 13th November 2003, 07:36 AM

Well if $400,000 is just spare change to you then can I borrow a bit of spare change??? I promise I will return it. :wink:
Old 11th October 2005, 02:28 PM

Sorry for reprising an old thread, but this particular category of races(ie. fields of 7 or less runners) has made me sit up and notice........again.
Two years ago I alerted fellow forum members to the fact that favourites in small fields were returning a much less than average winning ratio.
Subsequently, an ongoing tracking of favourites was implemented by the management of this site(at the time) to see if my "theories" stood up to scrutiny. I noticed with some scepticism how their ongoing figures "proved" that backing favourites in small fields could prove profitable(NB. for a very short time).
Well, nothing was said for some time and now I again bring to your attention what is going on in small fields. Where the prizemoney is relatively unattractive there is some incentive for the longshot in small fields to "win," usually at attractive odds, meaning that trifecta/exotic betting is a very attractive option. Therefore, for the alert punter, they should give considerable thought to backing the longshot, be it by way of win/place or exotics in such races and going on recent activities they should receive regular good-sized dividends.
Anybody else notice these trends?

Cheers.

Last edited by xanadu : 11th October 2005 at 02:40 PM.