Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 9th November 2007, 06:15 PM
Suspended.

Default Flemington Emirates Stakes Day

Can the Hussler win another one?

I don't believe so. In fact I going to lay him tomorrow on Betfair. He has scored a shocking barrier for the first time and is rising 400m in distance. Also he steps out of his age group tomorrow and is 6th up in a G1. That's a long time up for a 3yr. old at this level.

No doubt about his future ability, but I think he is being flogged to death because he is a gelding. If he wasn't, he'd be in a paddock by now after his recent efforts.

I'll go Sonic Quest and for an e/w roughy, Roman Squire a backmarker who only needs one decent run at them down the outside over this distance. Has the Barrier.
Old 9th November 2007, 07:25 PM
Suspended. Invalid e-mail address.

Good luck with your bets crash...

Have been raving about Extend its last 3 starts and its only delivered once but think back to 2000 tomorrow will suit.

Also very keen on Translate, up to 2000 tomorrow is perfect!

Weekend Hussler will have to be good tomorrow...
Old 9th November 2007, 07:37 PM
Banned

Smile

SONIC QUEST

WONDERFUL WORLD.

Cheers.
darky.
Old 9th November 2007, 08:24 PM
Banned

Agree with darky, Wonderful World looks the best in that race, this is definitely where Weekend Hussler will be at his most vulnerable. Roman Squire good e/w bet up to the 1600m.
Old 9th November 2007, 10:09 PM

Question

I think that WH is the best lay of the day. I will have something e/w SHINZIG at the price third up and ready to fire. It has good NZ form in GP1 races. So heres hoping.
Old 9th November 2007, 10:41 PM
Banned

Looks another hard day tomorrow,,,,Got lucky MC day with Flash Trick,,Oaks day was a good day to leave alone
and tomorrow looks just as hard but i'm game,,,

Race 1,
Barwons Express seems interesting,,,drops weight from his last good run and Ollie is aboard,,looks a good e/w
at 9's and 3's the place...Gee up back to a more suitable distance isnt hopeless..

Race 2,
Justsay Sumthink gets back so the barrier shouldnt be to much of a concern..she'll be strong at the end and has the
nice long straight to wind up....at 10's at the moment but i'd want better than that..

Race 3,
Pacino back to the 2000m should be suited,,,Extend was good last start but finds a way to get beaten every time...
looks a good exacta...Pacino 5's is tempting,,will see what i get tomorrow,,

Race 4.
Teskara 8's looks one of bets of day,,looked real good hitting the line last start ,,,El Mandon will be tough but will he run a strong
1400m ???

RAce 5,
a good race to watch...Miss A looks to have Goldies measure,,wont be as easy as last start though,,,hopefully Stathi gets
Goldie rolling along nice and early..

Race 6,
Roman Squire with no weight flying down the big Flemo straight,,,this is what i've been waiting for,,but hes against a potential
super star in Weekend Hussler who just looks incredible,,you think must be starting to feel the pinch now but 108 at 1200m ??
,,looks better suited this distance,,,,and what about Sonic Quest ,,how good was he last start,,the barrier is a concern but
if he drops out the back he'll be winding up with room on the outside and flying home....
what a race,,weekend hussler leading at the 200m with Scenic Quest and the big striding Roman Squire chasing him out wide..
I'll have something e/w Roman Squire and playing with the exotics..

Race 7,
Cancanelle at 21's,,,the inside barrier might help this horse switch off with a nice smother,,she'll need luck but can sprint
well with that weight and could surprise..meets Anamato better at the weights last time they met and as good as anything in an open race,,Toy of war isnt hopeless either..

Race 8,
Sentire always a couple of lengths off them...i think Williams gives him a couple and at 16's is nice e/w value,,you can bet you life
Nikolic will get Completion to the outside and he'll be flying,,,2.75 isnt to bad at the moment...

Race 9,
Moonlouche at the 11's is very nice,,,,looked good last start,,great trainer and jockey,,distance suits..i think Amyjaye Power
is suited in this field but i promised myself i wouldnt back her again..

Best , Teskara, Completion
Best e/ws , Barwons express, Moonlouche

Perth
Grasspatch Girl (happy with 6.50)
Grafton
Chevron Island
Townsville
Mullett
Old 10th November 2007, 09:36 AM
Banned

Smile

I will go

FLEM

R 3 H 7

R 7 H 3

MORPH

R 4 H 4
Darky.
Old 10th November 2007, 09:37 AM

Smile

Tough day alright.
I agree with everything said about Weekend Hussler too.
It has been up too long.
It is at it's most vulnerable.
Last win was not powering over the line, maybe tired.
It fits all the factors for a lay bet/ high upside low down etc.
Quality competition in WW, Sonic Quest Niconero
It fits all criteria
Except one.
Why on earth would you risk laying one of the only freaks in the country?
If it does hold form it will win effortlessly.
Its main rival has drawn inside and is mostly out of contention having never won from there.
I would much rather lay Extend for the same benefit.
I'm going to risk 15% of my winnings from The Huss and grab a $3:50 bet from the layers at Betfair on The Huss to win today for a win of a months salary.
See you at Betfair
Others for a look today
Spectacular Saint
Fenton Hall
R4Lou
Completion+Desert Master Exacta
Harvard
Good luck all.
Go The Huss
Old 10th November 2007, 09:56 AM
Suspended.

Thumbs up

There are more challenges in the Emirates that 1st appears. Also include among the obvious, Orange County, Shinzig, Lord of the Dance, and the best e/w bet in the race Roman Squire. Evens for Hussler with the barrier he's coped for a Flem 1400m is the rip-off of the year.

Also, there are a heck of a lot of tired horses looking for a paddock going around today and Weekend Hussler is one of them. If he wins today we have a potentially great horse in the making ........if he goes on with it as a 4yr. old.

For me Sonic Quest for a win and Roman Squire for an e/w.
Tri: 5/14 x 2/5/7/10/14 x 2/5/7/10/11/14

Going for value here, 2x win bets:
r1/ 11,12
r2/6,16
r3/Extend, Dance on Board
r4 Wind Sheer, Lion's Domain
r7/ Red forLou, Trick of Light
r8/ Desert Master
r9/ Harvard, Muzdaher

Have a good one!

Last edited by crash : 10th November 2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10th November 2007, 10:49 AM
Banned

i dont mind Niconero in the Emirates. 2000m wasnt his go, and was against the best we have (bar the one he's racing today ) drops back down in class and distance, was a great 2nd behind divine madonna before the cox plate, i think is worth a go at $11. other chances, Roman Squire is way overs at $26, Orange Country could surprise. but really, as diogenes said if Weekend Hussler's form holds up it should just win easily