Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 2nd January 2004, 08:59 AM

Hi guy's! I'm only new here on this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me with the following. I sometimes come up with system ideas that work for about two or three weeks, but after that seem to fail...I would like to test for longer, but do not have the time or information (form that is)available...would anybody know of any "horse system tester" computer software that one may purchase to test systems. I found one on the net that was called "price predicter", but on examination dosn't seem to have the factors that I need. I would appreciate anyone who could help me with this..."thanks guy's"

Mal.
Old 5th January 2004, 04:13 AM

Hi Coffee,

I use Price Predictor Pro and agree that it is a bit limited in its system factors, but it is also pretty inexpensive and Neale is always helpful and has great after sale service. There is of course the PPP forum now located here.

What factors do you think will cause you problems?

~Lenny
Old 5th January 2004, 08:38 AM

Hi Mal,

I too use Price Predictor, and am very satisfied with it. There are a few things that it can't test on, but one of the great things about it is that it creates a CSV file of all the horses selected under your given criteria, and you can load this CSV file into Excel and do further analysis. This will allow you, for instance, to filter on sex, something which you can't do directly in the system tester module.

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 5th January 2004, 11:37 AM

On 2004-01-05 08:38, stebbo wrote:

This will allow you, for instance, to filter on sex, something which you can't do directly in the system tester module.

Is that filtering based on whether the horse had sex recently or the jockey Where do you get this information?

Sorry - couldn't help myself. :grin:
Old 5th January 2004, 11:50 AM

On 2004-01-05 11:37, becareful wrote:
On 2004-01-05 08:38, stebbo wrote:

This will allow you, for instance, to filter on sex, something which you can't do directly in the system tester module.

Is that filtering based on whether the horse had sex recently or the jockey Where do you get this information?

No, silly... filtering based on whether I had sex recently.... which means I don't get anywhere near enough bets! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Old 6th January 2004, 10:21 AM

Thanks guy's. Lenny...my factors vary. One day I'm testing horses with SPELLS another on distance and weight. For eg: I found a few winners with this method I tried...it's as follows.

1)Horse must of been FRESHENED
2)After It's Freshening, it is allowed three starts only. It is a selection if it's last start was favorite (whether it was it's first run back or it's third)and must of lost that race.

If you or anyone has past info to test this method I would be very currious to see the results.

PS: Lenny, what is PPP on this site?
Old 6th January 2004, 09:32 PM

Hi Coffee
The program I use is the most sophisticated program in the world, it is called TRB GTSi.
(The Ratings Bureau)
It can do a lot more than Price prdictor but it is also 4 times the price.
It has its own data base which can be loaded daily which includes the scratchings.
They send out a disc at the end of each month to update your data base.
It has a pre-post market as per newspapers.
You can anylise say race number 1&2 only.
You can isolate months of the year or days of the week or Country,Povincial,Metro or class of race or any of its last 10 starts.

It`s amazing .
I have created & bet on over 100 systems 7 days a week.
It can run all 100 at once & takes about 2 seconds to work out the lot,now thats amazing.
It would normally take 9 hours to do that manually.
It is very flexable.
You can isolate factors first before you include it as an actual rule.

Old 6th January 2004, 11:16 PM

Quote:
On 2004-01-06 21:32, Bhagwan wrote:
Hi Coffee
The program I use is the most sophisticated program in the world, it is called TRB GTSi.
It has a pre-post market as per newspapers. ...

Hi Bhagwan,
How good is the prepost market? How close do the odds fit with actual race odds? How similar or different is to the newspaper prepost markets?

Cheers
Old 7th January 2004, 07:11 AM

Hi Shoto,
The pre-post market they have is actually sydicated to a number of newspaper groups around Australia so it is reasonable to assume it is very close to papers who maybe use another source for their prices .

The newspapers tend to vary the source they get their pre-posts from on a daily to weekly basis.

As we all know, the pre-post market should be used as a rough guide to its possible final price because most pre-post markets are set at around the 150% mark & the TAB is set at 116.5%

I find the pre-post market excellent for deleting horse in the 2.9/1 range & less because they are poor value long term to show a profit.
You could maybe also delete horses in the 16/1 range & higher because of the low strike rate.

I have found the best value to strike rate is in the 3/1 to 9/1 range.
I have found by doing this to most systems, it nearly always improoves its POT or it reduces its losses on a run of outs.

Old 7th January 2004, 07:31 AM

Bhagwan,

Thanks for the info Bhagwan...sounds great, but 4 times the price of PP..."I guess I better start making some money on the G.G's, so I can give it a go, Ha Ha Ha. I'll check it out. Bhagwan...you wouldn't mine testing that system that I metioned above could you? (it's the sixth response on this thred, if it's no trouble. Thanks.