Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 31st December 2012, 10:52 AM
Banned

Question weekly income

I have put together a betting bank of $500 betting 2% I would like to make a weekly income of between $200 and $300 a week.

I bet 2 to 3 horses in a race e/w at the best odds.

Any ideas.
Old 31st December 2012, 12:14 PM

Benny.
You come across as super super careful and super super cautious. Therefore any suggestions here are not going to meet your psychological parameters and therefore a waste of time. Going from memory you want low turnover and high POT in lieu of high turnover and low POT. Hence your opportunities are limited. You are faced with increasing your stake or the number of bets.

What ever you are doing now is working so continue it increasing your bets as a percentage of your bank. As your bank builds so will your profits. This will not be fast but it will meet your psyche. The otherway is increase the number of bets. I don't think that you are going to accept a lower POT so you have to find more systems that suit, and thus increase your number of bets. Happy New Year
Old 31st December 2012, 12:28 PM

At $10 per bet and 50% POT you are going to need 40 bets a week or 1 race in every 8 to win $200 per week. You sound like you want to have this as income. You should at least leave $50 per week to build up your bank. Have you got enough systems to give you 40 bets per week? Do your systems give you 50% POT? At $15 per you need 27 bets per week and $20 you need 20 bets. So you have to grow your bank to make it easier. The bigger the POT the larger the runs of outs which means greater the draw down.

You have to give a bit more info.
Old 31st December 2012, 12:38 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by beton
Do your systems give you 50% POT?

Do YOURS Beton?
I have fooled myself into thinking I was making 16% POT.
But what happened was I just picked a suitable Time frame.
I can't be actually losing because My Bank is still higher than it was when I started - but the 16% was just wishful thinking.
But 50% is unrealistic , and I suggest you improve your record keeping if you think you are anywhere close to that figure.
Old 31st December 2012, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
At $10 per bet and 50% POT you are going to need 40 bets a week or 1 race in every 8 to win $200 per week. You sound like you want to have this as income. You should at least leave $50 per week to build up your bank. Have you got enough systems to give you 40 bets per week? Do your systems give you 50% POT? At $15 per you need 27 bets per week and $20 you need 20 bets. So you have to grow your bank to make it easier. The bigger the POT the larger the runs of outs which means greater the draw down.

You have to give a bit more info.

I have 3 systems that average around 50 bets a week. I bet 10 e/w either the tote or fixed.
Old 31st December 2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
Do YOURS Beton?
I have fooled myself into thinking I was making 16% POT.
But what happened was I just picked a suitable Time frame.
I can't be actually losing because My Bank is still higher than it was when I started - but the 16% was just wishful thinking.
But 50% is unrealistic , and I suggest you improve your record keeping if you think you are anywhere close to that figure.

Moeee
You are jumping in again and firing from the hip. I would sooner back or lay at 10% POT and have volume. The issue is not about me or what I do. I am very satisfied with what I do. You have NO IDEA what I do NOR HOW I DO IT. the issue is about Benny. If you go back on Benny's previous posts you will know that Benny has stated that he prefers high POT and has several systems that he is working with. You will also know that he started with pennies and now got to $500. Better than most. Some of my bets are $500.
Benny has asked for advice and I have attempted to give him some. Why don't you do likewise.
Old 31st December 2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny
I have put together a betting bank of $500 betting 2% I would like to make a weekly income of between $200 and $300 a week.

Any ideas.

in the fullness of time you will be lucky to see 5% POT.
and i mean lucky.
- and you can take that to the bank.

assuming that though - to make 250 per week you will need to T/O 5k per week.
you will need a bank of about 200x or 300x your bet size.

if you think you have a POT greater than 10% just let it run for a bit longer and see how it goes.

most important ingredient is where you place the bets.
best tote or BF can improve that heaps. but the Corporate bookmakers will close you if you look like you can win or at least not consistently loose.

my opinion on the 2nd part - cast iron on the first re POT.
all this talk about 50% POT well that's just data fitting and back fitting at that.

cheers
Aussie

Last edited by aussielongboat : 31st December 2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 31st December 2012, 01:32 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Benny has asked for advice and I have attempted to give him some. Why don't you do likewise.

I have no further advice for Benny.
But have advice for you Beton.
Take some chill pills.
We all have losing periods , but this Festive season you appear to be slamming members that disagree with your thoughts.
Old 31st December 2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:

Any ideas.

My comment:

Now where shall I advertise, "Fed up with working. Or are you unemployed? All you need is a $2000 betting bank and I'll show you how to make a tax free income of $800 to $1200 a week!"
Old 31st December 2012, 04:25 PM

Cool

Quote:

Any ideas.
Good luck with that, Benny. If you are able to win $200 to $300 per week from a $500 bank I'll salute you as a wonder punter.
I aim for $150 per day, 5 days per week but you could add a couple of zeros to the bank size you quoted.