Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 31st January 2008, 01:10 PM

Talking 3% Per day

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but none the less. This idea has always fascinated me, if you manage to increase your total bank just 3% per day, your bank will double in one month (28 days from memory exactly). Every now and then I feel like having another crack at trying to achieve this, never with real succes. Most of my ideas revolve around using a progression type staking plan, but in the end the problem always come down to the fact that your risking so much to gain so little.

My current idea is playing round with the top 4-5 in the market, dutching a few of them to try get a high strike rate, and using a mild progression to try and grind it out, perhaps even trying for a smaller figure of even 1% per series, and trying to clear 3 of them a day. Anybody got any suggestions on a plan that could perhaps be suitable? And perhaps a better method?

I realise that this is alot harder than it sounds (if it were easy, why would anyone work). But would be keen to throw some ideas round with everyone else on these forums and see what we can come up with.

To all those who are going to jump on here and say it cant be done, loss chasing is the quick way to lose all your money, don't bother posting saying that. We all know the arguments, this is purely for a bit of fun to try and liven things up around here.

Just think with a start bank of $100, by the end of this year it would be at $204800, wouldnt that be a nice xmas present
Old 1st February 2008, 12:01 AM

Hi Thorns,
Using the rule of 72 one will have double their money in 24 days based on compounding 3% daily .
3 divided into 72 = 24 days compounded, will double your money.

Heres a way of going towards the objective that one may wish to try.

Target 1% of bank e.g. $10 with a $1000 bank.
Or $1 with a bank of $100
This can be done using Betfair using the betting tool Bet Trader Pro (Free).

Divisor to be used 3 lots of 3/1, 4 lots of 4/1, 5 lots of 5/1 ect. once a winner is struck that does not get us into profit go back one set of divisors.
never drop divisor below 3/1 even though its price maybe less.

Example divisors being used to win 1% fixed target plus previouse losses.
Divisors 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 6w 5 5 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 6w 5 5 5 5 5w 4 4 4 4w 3 3 3w 3 3 3 4 ect.

This should be good for cover more than 22 outs.

Selection process using Betfair.
TAB prices are nearly always lower, so dont bet with the TAB.

.Target the 2nd Betfair market Fav in every race & the 2nd fav is paying $4+

.15 runners & less.

Some of the prices can be very good.

One could use the target betting program in Ozracingtools if one does not wish to do this manually.

Stop betting for the day once 2.5% has been gained.

Give it a dry run first on some past results first.

Cheers.
Old 1st February 2008, 03:02 AM

Thorns, rather than try volume of bets to achieve 3% per day, have you thought about doing it like some of the pros.....pick out one horse, your absolute best bet of the day and put all your effort into obtaining the best possible price on it. You won't make 3% per day, but you certainly will make more than an average of 3% per day if you get good prices.

If your target is 3% I reckon you could average that place betting the one horse as well - just avoid Canterbury at all costs - it's a devil's track.
*RaceCensus now updated to 31/03/2024
Video overview of RaceCensus here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W821YP_b0Pg
Old 1st February 2008, 03:04 AM

G'day Thorns,...The Main thing is that you would have lost interest a LONG, LONG time b4 that 12 months is up,....guaranteed!

Bg's plan may have worked by pure luck in that time, but chances are that your thoughts would be a long way from there by then!

BUT you are thinking along the right lines..... in the sense that you can make a killing from a good run whilst only losing a minimal amount from many mediocre/bad runs.

eg. (stressed example only) if you were to bet 1/5 of a given bank NEVER REDUCING, then you would lose your bank several times b4 you hit lucky and increased to say 20 fold, b4 calling it quits and starting again.

Hope that gives you some insight,

Regards, John (Perth WA)
Old 1st February 2008, 11:31 AM
Suspended.

Anyone who can make a constant 3% a day can make a constant 300% [or 3000%] a day.
Old 1st February 2008, 12:03 PM
Banned

Why Not pick 1 best bet of the day then on each winner increase your bet by 1 unit ( if a loser remain on the previous stake)
i.e 1st bet $50 = winner /next bet $100.

Hmm.Interesting .I shall have $50 on Goulburn R 2 H 1 HYSON GREEN

Cheers.
darky.
Old 1st February 2008, 12:34 PM
Suspended.

Smile

Why not just make your 1st. bet $100?
Old 1st February 2008, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkydog2002
Hmm.Interesting .I shall have $50 on Goulburn R 2 H 1 HYSON GREEN

ouch, this is not directed solely at you darky but plenty on here chasing the odds on nags lately

that strategy only leads to one place that im aware of... same place some of my 'laying' adventures did..
Old 1st February 2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Anyone who can make a constant 3% a day can make a constant 300% [or 3000%] a day.
Not every punter is capable (mentally & financialy) of betting 100's of dollars on a race.

Thought I would give it a go today Thorns, progressive betting the Fav. all races on Betfair (trotts, dogs as well)

$84 opening balance.
achieved 3% of balance 8 times
longest run of outs was 4 (target was about $12 from memory) Biggest bet $4.50
closing balance $106

Cheers
Old 1st February 2008, 07:00 PM
Suspended.

That's a whole lot different to making 3% EVERY day. I've had a 30/1, 15/1 and a 12/1 shot wins in the last week. So what? If I knew I could do it EVERY week I'd be betting in thousands of $.