Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 24th September 2020, 03:08 PM

Default Greyhound data - the dogs

Hey lads,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I'm trying to get some greyhound data from 'the dogs' website. Basically going into a specific dog you can see all its historical runs if you click the 'show more' button.

i.e. check out this dog:
https://www.thedogs.com.au/dogs/87521/super-tie

I'm using some of Shaun's old macro's to bring in the greyhound which works fine however two things:

1) It only shows the last 5 runs, not the full history of runs
2) None of the box image/text comes through which is arguably the most important part.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated, figured i'd take a look at greyhounds as a bit of a side project but obtaining form from various sources is proving rather difficult.

Can discuss more via email or private messages if that helps and then can provide some screenshots of the macro im using and/or whats coming through to excel.

Cheers
Old 24th September 2020, 04:28 PM

I had a bit of a poke around but pretty much came up with what you have, i even tried using google sheets although i am new to that also.

Since the merger of the tab sites and a few bookie revamps the excel just isn't up to the task, i keep saying i have to move full time in to python, i may have no other choice.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee
Old 24th September 2020, 10:15 PM

Quick poke:

You can get the remaining races from the dog's history by adding /full-form?page=1&profile=true to the end of the dog's URL (i.e. you get the latest 5 runs from the URL you posted and the prior ones from that page; there may be multiple pages though - not sure how many records it loads per page).

You could get the box stats by scraping the page HTML into a string, discarding everything to the left of 'box history', and then parsing for the data you want. It's always going to be a grid of the same size and, looking at the HTML code, there's various repeating tags and labels (e.g. "box-history__box table__cell--tight") that you can use to chop the string up to get at the figures you need. (if you were talking about the box data in the history: same deal, more or less: search for "rug_" in the areas of the HTML you're interested in)

Last edited by walkermac : 24th September 2020 at 10:18 PM.
Old 25th September 2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkermac
Quick poke:

You can get the remaining races from the dog's history by adding /full-form?page=1&profile=true to the end of the dog's URL (i.e. you get the latest 5 runs from the URL you posted and the prior ones from that page; there may be multiple pages though - not sure how many records it loads per page).

You could get the box stats by scraping the page HTML into a string, discarding everything to the left of 'box history', and then parsing for the data you want. It's always going to be a grid of the same size and, looking at the HTML code, there's various repeating tags and labels (e.g. "box-history__box table__cell--tight") that you can use to chop the string up to get at the figures you need. (if you were talking about the box data in the history: same deal, more or less: search for "rug_" in the areas of the HTML you're interested in)

Good one, i went back to have a look how i missed that, my html code reading is a bit lame but i can see the address in the button.

"If the corporates are treating you poorly , just go elsewhere."
"If they need you , they will soon find out."
"If you need them , you will soon find out."
--moeee