Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 12th August 2005, 09:55 AM

Default Money back guarantee - won't refund my money

Hi All

I'm a sucker.. I admit it...

I signed up with EDITED... Had sooo many problems, got offered a money back guarantee, which they now deny.
They have my software, I have nothing, and had to re-finance the house in order to clear the credit cards to make life a little easier.
Threatened them with legal action, to which they basically said 'Bring it on'
They changed numbers without telling me, got prank noises on the phone when called them, and never get replies.
All they do is lie, and when I do finally get hold of them, the person in charge is 'out of the office', or 'overseas' so they can get their case ready.

I really need help if anyone can offer any assistance.

And if approached, my 2 cents worth would be that I would never sign up with them if I could go back in time.

Thanks.

====================================
Our Forum Terms of Use make it clear that for legal reasons of defamation we are unable to publish the names of these businesses.

Last edited by Moderator 3 : 12th August 2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12th August 2005, 10:58 AM

duno what to make of this one....
Old 12th August 2005, 06:22 PM

Unhappy

Can I ask how much renzo? sounds like an arm and most of a leg. Im sorry for your loss, unfortunately these types of businesses just cant be trusted. Better off going with your own selections. You migthnt win but at least it wont cost you what you lost with these scammers.
Old 12th August 2005, 07:04 PM

Smile renzo75

Hey renz,
I can't help, sorry. Just wanted to say this forum must be full of poor sods like you (and me) that have been shafted by ******** like them. Starting from NOW!!!!..... remember you can't buy a magic system. If such a system exists it simply would not be for sale at any price.
The good news if you can tough it out long enough , is that there are ways to make a steady income from this game, but it takes dip sticks like myself a year or two to see through the haze.
My opinion of how hard this is requires you to pass a simple test. For the first year of betting only use $1 bets. This will safely test your systems and supply you with enough data to bet mega. You may think I'm on a prescribed drug but it is my honest opinion .
Fire away guys!
Old 12th August 2005, 08:12 PM

Default Hiyas

It was a 'discount' price of $5000... may not sound like heaps, but considering I'm paying for my fiance and I's wedding (no points for grammar huh hehe), it's a fair chunk.
All I can do is leave things, and learn from my mistakes.
They did everything from no phone calls being returned, to delaying it by 'the directors are overseas', EVEN though they JUST sent me a fax a while back (called them right back)
I've asked for a copy of the contract I signed, which they can't seem to find as I don't think I signed one, and their lawyer isn't much help either, but the lawyer I spoke to said it wasn't worth the money at the moment, as they usually cover themselves pretty good.
Thanks for all your comments anyway, and take heed.. LEARN hehe
Old 12th August 2005, 10:09 PM

Hi renzo - sorry to hear about your troubles.

Best thing for you to do is report them to your state business/consumer affairs dept and ASIC if they have registered as a business to see if they can help. Maybe - maybe not but at least they will be aware of these people if not already.
Old 12th August 2005, 11:04 PM

Hi Renzo, Mad is right you should at least report the problem so there is a record at least, sorry but I think you've got Buckleys chance of ever seeing your Dough again and even less of ever seeing a cent in profit.

I've been backing the nags for 42 years and have made a profit in only the last 2 and a bit. Yes and I have to admit I've dropped a few quid to the sharks, (most of us do but some won't admit it)

Making a profit is very difficult, and the key is extreme "Patience" I can't give you Golden Goose, and I doubt if anyone else can or would but if you want to know how I narrow things down drop me a line at Lumbasakabayo at hotmail.com
Old 12th August 2005, 11:07 PM

Default Thanks

Let the appropriate people know about it, but there's not much they can do... went to the ACCC, ASIC etc...
Will just take it as a learning lesson.
Would even be happy if a good lawyer got money back off them, and I ended up with even $10 hehehe just so long as they don't have it..
thanks.
Old 13th August 2005, 02:08 AM

I tell ya, this kinda situation really ****************s me.

I would never in a million years dream of conducting my affairs in such a manner, yet these ********bags prey on innocent albeit slightly naive people and consistently get away with it. It's about time someone somewhere, at some authoritive body did something. To do nothing and say "oh well - sorry we can't do anything" is not the appropriate response. "Oh well" is not good enough in my book, not good enough by a long shot. If you can't do anything, then what exactly is your purpose? These pricks thrive while the regulatory authorities sit on their arses. They are quick enough to grab us ordinary decent folk by the short and curlies and make our live difficult at every opportunity. I had enough of these ********bags and shysters, get a life and contribute something to society or F'oFF.

Renzo - don't let this go mate. Find a way to get these SOB's. My other suggestion is to get in touch with your state and or federal member of parliament and explain your situation. I for one would gladly join your cause as would others on this forum no doubt. Get some friends from your constituency to also complain as these politicans start to take note when several disgruntled voters express disatisfaction. Cause an absolute stink, you will never see your money again but at least you can make life as difficult as possible.

Best of luck, if i can help i will.
Old 13th August 2005, 07:22 AM

Hi Renzo,
Can you give us an idea what the program was based around so as we all may get some idea of what sort of image of what to avoid if it comes our way.
e.g.
Is it ,following the shorteners in the market. They call it following the smart money. . Gold Coast
Is it, tip they supply using progressional betting & stopping at the first winner.. NZ
Is it, place betting only strategy betting 10% up & down. Gold Coast.

These are just 3 that I am aware of that cost between $5,000-10,000

Anyone charging these sort of prices should be highly suspect.