Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 28th February 2006, 04:49 PM

Well that is 11 from 11 now.

Ok I promised I would give the gist of the rules for this system if the selection won so I better be a man of my word and pass it on :

The system uses some different ratings which I have developed for different factors on each horse , sort of like the neurals but I found their values weren't always correct or meaningful.

Essentially the system goes the following :

1. Best Average and/or Total Prizemoney.
2. Best Career Rating ( Determined by Win%, Place% and Prizemoney ).
3. Best last 5 start rating ( determined by Last starts and Lengths beaten as well as some minor adjustments for class and track ).
4. Best Jockey Rating OR Best Trainer Rating in the race determined by statistics collected from ********** and AAP.
5. Total Ratings for all four factors ( jockey or trainer only include 1 ) is over 380 (out of 400).

The reasons I use these variables/ratings are :

1. Best average money or total money narrows down to those horses placing and/or winning in better races (paying more prizemoney).
2. Best career rating finds you those that performance consistently.
3. Best last 5 starts rating gives you a current snap shot of how they are performing now.
4. Best Jockey and/or Trainer is the X factor. A good jockey can get something extra out of a horse during the race. A good trainer can select optimum times to race, and the best races to run in. A good trainer can usually get something extra out of the horse.
5. The total rating has to be high to ensure that only the best selections are tipped.

Sorry I couldn't give everyone something nice and easy to follow... but I hope this points people in the general direction.

Good Luck. I'll post anymore selections as they arise but there aren't too many that come up each day to day.

Good Luck.
Old 28th February 2006, 06:47 PM

Default congrats

Wesmip1,

Today i actually had to take your selection as it was one of mine, slightly differant reason though.

I was a tad concerned with the protest though.

It is a brave man that sticks his head out and to you i take my hat off, well done.

And thanks for the info, now its just a matter of following your leads i guess.

Hope your process keeps up and you win an absolute motza !

Thanks dingo
Old 2nd March 2006, 04:42 PM

Default Computer experts

I suppose there are many like me who are computer illiterate, and although we know much more after Crash's experience, much of what we read is beyond our comprehension. Have to admit to being over 80, so don't consider it worthwhile to improve my knowledge. Also, punting with $1 stakes, and trying to find the perfect system stops the mind from rusting.

Wesmin was good to reveal his system, which I have no possibility of following, but on trying to make something of the winner he predicted days in advance, I noticed the form of his selection contained 3 starts placed 4 to 6 followed by either a 2 or a 3. On looking over one month's papers, this picked quite a few short priced winners, without too many selections. Is this the seed for a method, selecting horses priced at $11 or less? Is anyone interested enough to check? Hope you continue with the good work, and maybe follow up Darky Dog's suggestion of all up.
Old 2nd March 2006, 07:45 PM

Default Truckie

If one looks at unitab (sorry dont have data base yet but working towards it)
have a look at the last three starts.
I have a place thing going on trial at the moment where i dont worry at the odds if they are under 20s.
As long as its like this,...kind of.

742, 641,6X2, 32X, 322 etc.
It often comes up trumps, have a look.

I target price bands for win, 3.5-12, over these i dont go win, place only but its worth looking at "improvers", even if they are up in class and weight.

Cheers Dingo.

Also have a look at Bhagwans Neural plan, he excludes all factors bar CF, the reverses it.
Old 2nd March 2006, 08:11 PM

Truckie,

Its probably more of a coincidence that the tips I have are improving in form. But looking at the inputs horses that are improving will get a better score then those who are racing poorly.

Thanks for the post dingo boy. I'll check it out.

Good Luck
Old 2nd March 2006, 08:29 PM

All,

Here are a couple more tips which are running on Friday:

Ipswich Race 2 - Mr Clang
Tatura Race 5 - Swit

My quick analysis shows that Swit is really the only horse in form in the race. Could be upset by one of the returning horses. While Mr Clang has ran second a lot and hopefully can break through and get that win.

Good Luck.
Old 3rd March 2006, 04:56 PM

Hey,

Well today was the first loss of this backfitted system. Swit lost by a nose ( came 2nd). I never saw the race but the commentator indicated there was a bit of interference from the winner as they entered the straight. I might try to catch the race tonight on the replays.

Ipswich Race 2 - Mr Clang - SCRATCHED
Tatura Race 5 - Swit 2nd

Results
Races : 12
Winners : 11
Seconds : 1

Still to only be beaten by a nose (or head) is a good effort.

I'll post anymore tips when I find them.

Good Luck.
Old 4th March 2006, 12:12 AM

Default Love the hope of a dawning sys

I love systems, they're the promised land. And this one is so bare-facedly, shamelessly backfitted, with the smallest sample size in the history of statistics, that it just might work dammit!! (If we're in a movie, it'll work).

Looking forward to seeing tomorrow's.
Old 4th March 2006, 08:25 AM

Duritz,

I totally agree but I'll keep posting it while it wins (its always a bit of fun). There is only a selection every few days and none today.

I don't use backfitted systems myself and this was my first attempt at it.
Old 4th March 2006, 08:50 AM

Red face

Even with eleven selections it looks very promising.

Have you thought of slightly varying it to form an additional system that would provide more selections?

Michael.